Gary Fisher King Fisher Thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Gary Fisher King Fisher Thread

Owners of the the King, HI!

I picked up a 2004 king fisher 2 with a Boxxer fork for a real good deal last year and I finally got to ride it for first time on a DH park. AWESOME! Cept for the chain coming loose a lot. I probably need a chaing guide.

What is really bugging me is what is that threaded whole on non-drive side of the frame on the seat tube? Why is it there?

Everything is pretty much stock expect for the fork. Any suggestions to make it better? What's your set up like? Pics?

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    The "bung" you are referring to is the a "brake-therapy" add-on. Here is my Kang!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Nice clean ride. Exact same color as mine but mine is pretty beat up. I'm looking to paint mine a retro color and throw all sorts of retro colors throughout the bike.

What kind of upgrades have you put on?
    I'm looking to make changes to my stock one too. Definately a chain guide...

Quote Originally Posted by gop427
    The "bung" you are referring to is the a "brake-therapy" add-on. Here is my Kang!
    [B]Not understanding here... B]

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    http://www.therapycomponents.com/floater.htm, check that site regarding the floating brake adapter for the Kingfisher. I have added a chain guide, folding tires and XC tubes( I even use folding tires and XC tubes on my urban jump bike), lower rise bar, setback seatpost, different saddle(every Bontrager saddle I have owned I have bent, plus they are very uncomfortable), you know, I am not sure what else. I have replaced many worn out parts, and wheels on this bike. Plus, you gotta set the bike up for you and your liking. To each his own. I am 6' and this is a 17", would not want it any bigger. I keep the bar as low as possible and it is rolled forwards, plus, I use a offset seatpost. I prefer large platform pedals and skinny, fast tires. Strongly dislike bontrager tires, and not a fan of overly fat tires. Again, to each his own. Good luck, its a fun, reliable bike
    Here are some more pics, some of the photog's timing was off, but hey, were out to ride, not have a photo class, plus, I'm a poser

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Here are some from Diablo on Saturday, October 25, 2008;

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

is the new ride for 09. it rides amazing, I have not had a chance to take it and go all out on it yet, but I have made a lot of runs on our local freeride trail and it has been great it is really fast and nimble, and it is super plush. next thing to change is the fork, I want a 888 or a Boxxer. the Manipoo is ok, and I can live with it but it needs to be a little more stiff I think. anyway let me know what you think. good or bad.

Build spec is....

07 Kingfisher,
    fox dhx 4.0
    manitou travis 203mm intrinsic
    Gravity dh/fr rims
    gravity maximus bars
    oury grips
    deity ends
    Elixir CR brakes......WOW amazing
    canecreek xx headset
    x9 shifters and rear der
    xt front der
    snowshow bike park saddle
    big earl post
    FSA gap crankset
    50/50 flats

all your base
    Cool to see some of these, I have a 2005 kingfisher 1 frameset in the mail. I'll try to post some pics when i get it together. All of yours look the business and i'm glad to hear your liking them.

Are there any Kingfiher related threads other than this one?
    Thanks!

May 2008
    edit

mtbr member
    wow I hope GF will make a 29er version of it. Just like Lenz FR 29er

Jan 2010
    new king fisher 2 owner/mtbr member--just a shout out!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I was offered one last year but it was a bit much for me to want to turn loose of for a DH only rig.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Proud new owner of a Kingfisher 2!

Sorry, no action pics yet but dont think I waited one second to get it dirty!

donkey
    i just picked up one of these. are you all still on them or have you moved on?

Members who have read this thread: 0