mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Fuji Auric 1.7 - Bottom Out Causing Frame Damage

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction on what to do here. I have a 2016 Fuji Auric 1.7 with the stock Fox Float rear shock on it. Recently I noticed a dent in the rear triangle where the seat tube has been hitting the arch on the rear triangle during bottom outs. I spoke to my lbs and they said that this was a known problem on some of the 2016 frames. I'm worried that the damage will eventually break through during a ride. Should this be covered by warranty? If so, how do I handle that? I've never submitted a frame for warranty reasons before.

Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Fuji has a pretty strict warranty, you are probably going to have to take it to an "Authorized Fuji dealer" and have them submit a warranty claim, if you bought it local then you are probably in luck since they are most likely a authorized dealer, you can check Fuji website for a list of authorized dealers in your area.

you can try to contact ASI (owner of Fuji), but they will just say the same thing that they don't work directly with customers, and you will need to go through a dealer.