mtbr member
    Jan 2015

First Bike Decision - Fuji Tahoe 1.5 or Fuji Nevada 1.1

Hello everyone,

I'm a new rider to the sport of mountain biking and I'm wanting to get a new bike. Currently, I either borrow a bike, rent a bike from the university bike shop or find a demo here and there.

I'm on a budget. I've gotten a chance to ride both of these bikes in a parking lot test, but that didn't really seem to help me pick one or the other. I'm just curious what bike I should pick between these two.

If there is another bike anyone would recommend, I'd love to hear it. All opinions welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Links below:

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN | SPORT | NEVADA 29 1.1

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN | CROSS COUNTRY | TAHOE 27-5 1.5 DISC

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have a 2013 Nevada 29 1.9 and love it. It can handle anything I throw at it and the components are holding up great with almost a 1000 miles on it. Personally I'm a fan of the 29er but you really can't go wrong with either of those choices.

mtbr member
    I own a 2013 Nevada 1.3 29er and love it the bikes has made me a better rider with in the first year of riding it. I'm use to riding a 26er so I had to adjust the way I ride a little bit. But overall I'm happy with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Tahoe 1.5 vs. Nevada 1.1

Don't know if you already made your purchase yet, but if I were you, between the choice of these two, I'd spend the extra money and get the Tahoe. Reason being thus: Tahoe frame is setup for a tapered steerer tube, comes with a MUCH better fork - the Manitou - It comes with better brakes, and a better crankset and a better wheelset with a thru-axle. If you're into agressive trail riding, you'll be glad you chose this bike over the Nevada. I ride a 2015 Nevada, and I wish I'd stepped up to the Tahoe. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJax View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new rider to the sport of mountain biking and I'm wanting to get a new bike. Currently, I either borrow a bike, rent a bike from the university bike shop or find a demo here and there.

I'm on a budget. I've gotten a chance to ride both of these bikes in a parking lot test, but that didn't really seem to help me pick one or the other. I'm just curious what bike I should pick between these two.

If there is another bike anyone would recommend, I'd love to hear it. All opinions welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Links below:

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN | SPORT | NEVADA 29 1.1

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN | CROSS COUNTRY | TAHOE 27-5 1.5 DISC

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hi, if you haven't made your purchase yet, spend the extra cash and get the Tahoe. Reasons are thus: Tahoe has: Tapered Steerer Head Tube with much better Suspension Fork, Better brakes, better wheelset with Thru-Axle, and Better Bottom Bracket/Crankset. Spend the extra cash on the better bike. I ride a 2015 Nevada and wish I had.