mtbr member

Buying my first MTB in over 10 years. Advice/thoughts on the Nevada 1.5 D

Hello all,

I'm brand spanking new here and to MTB riding. Been waiting to pull the trigger for quite some time now and finally can. I have the chance to buy a new 1.5 D for under $500 and want to jump on it. The only thing is I can't find much info or feedback on the bike itself...some insight would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. the bike seems so rare these are the only pics I could find lol

Last edited by zeeshan66; 01-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Is it going to be the 1.5 D 2013 model with the 26in tires? It seems they only have the 1.5 29 D for 2014, but that one retails for around 729 MSRP. Either way, it's a good deal on the bike. And, in all honesty, it'll be a good bike for the money.

I have a brand new 2014 Nevada 29 1.7 that I got for about $480 before tax. I love it, but I will say that I haven't done any riding that's really tough on myself or the bike in the last 4 months I've had it. Just commuting and light singletrack, so I cannot attest to how these bikes hold up on the rough stuff. I will say that, for me, it feels very good to ride and I have a lot of fun with it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply it is the 2013 model. I feel more comfortable/in control with the 26." I'm going to check the 2014 model lines out now.

NDD
    Baby boy
    Yeah, go with last 2013 1.5 D, then. The 2014 doesn't go up to anything spec'd nearly as well on the Nevada series for 26in wheels, for some reason. I like both wheel sizes a lot, but got the 29in because I use it a lot on longer paved rides and commutes. Not the main purpose of the bike, but I can roll a steady 16-20mph, so I'm happy with it. I'd be faster if I had more time to bike.

Plus the 2013 1.5 D for $499 is a much better deal. It comes with a better crankset and drive train to say the least. The only downside is the hydraulic disc brakes. For me that's too much maintenance, but they do function better than mechanical disc. I've just heard that bleeding them is a pain, and they're more expensive to replace.

mtbr member
    The hydro brakes does have me tethering on the purchase. I will have to see what warranty and services are inclusive of my purchase from my local dealer. I'm definitely not going to be doing any intense riding for some time so maybe I doubt I'll have to do any part replacements anytime soon.

I've seen a few videos on youtube about bleeding brakes..looks straight forward. I'm a bit mechanically inclined so it is a feature I'd appreciate tinkering with.

NDD
    Baby boy
    More power to ya! Whatever you do, have fun with it. 2013 sounds like the right choice.

mtbr member
    thanks I'll update the thread when I make my final decision

mtbr member
    PULLED THE TRIGGER ON IT TODAY!!!!! VERY excited should arrive early next week..this is going to be the longest weekend in quite some time
    2013 Fuji Nevada 1.5 D

NDD
    Baby boy
    Yes it will! You're going to have a blast.

mtbr member
    Its killing me especially since its warming up here as well. How do I leave rep points for your help? Or am I not able to because I'm a newb?
    2013 Fuji Nevada 1.5 D

NDD
    Baby boy
    I have no idea how that works. Haha, I appreciate it, though.