Thread: Beartooth 1.1

mtbr member

Beartooth 1.1

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the Beartooth 1.1, does anyone own one and what do you think about it? I am looking for a bike that will be versitile, riding with family,some bikepacking, trail riding, and maybe a race or 2.

mtbr member
    Well I pulled the trigger on the Beartooth 1.1 and am glad I did. Very agile as stable on the down hills. Theread is a small learning curve with wider wheels, but it doesn't matter. Overall a very good 1st impression on the 1st ride.

mtbr member
    I bought this almost a year ago and am Uber stoked with my Beartooth, but why discontinue it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by applehead110 View Post
    I bought this almost a year ago and am Uber stoked with my Beartooth, but why discontinue it?
    They did the same thing with the Fuji Reveal, I bought it July 2017, they still had it on website (2017 model), but they recently completely removed it from the bike section and can only be found under bike archives, so kinda disappointed I bought a new bike and then they just decide to discontinue it, still a great bike but I really dislike the direction Fuji is heading, also I noticed older bikes (like fuji reveal from 2014) actually had some better components like rear through axle, better pivot system, and even had a carbon line of bikes like the Mt Fuji, somewhere in 2015-2016 the company seemed to take a turn.

another thing I dislike about Fuji is their strict warranty bike / maintenance , they don't provide any kind of maintenance manuals or torque specs for many of bolts on the bike (vs ie, santa cruz who has a complete guide of the bike with proper torque specs for each component), Fuji makes great bikes but I hope they get with the times.