2017 Fuji Tahoe 27.5” 1.3 tubeless stems- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

2017 Fuji Tahoe 27.5” 1.3 tubeless stems

I have a this bike in the title, it comes with “tubeless ready” wheels. Unfortunately they are Oval Concepts 200 series wheels. They aren’t bad, they aren’t great. I’m interested if anyone knows the style of stems required to convert these? And are people still using gorilla tape for rim seal? Thanks for your time, this Fiji forum is dead lately. Maybe the Trek guys can comment.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntjake912 View Post
    I have a this bike in the title, it comes with “tubeless ready” wheels. Unfortunately they are Oval Concepts 200 series wheels. They aren’t bad, they aren’t great. I’m interested if anyone knows the style of stems required to convert these? And are people still using gorilla tape for rim seal? Thanks for your time, this Fiji forum is dead lately. Maybe the Trek guys can comment.
    Most decent bikes use Presta valves so you'll need to get a couple of those, be sure they have removable cores, I think most do. You can use gorilla tape but people says it is difficult to remove later. I would buy some tape made specifically for tubeless taping. I almost tried Tyvek tape when I taped my rims but decided to just go ahead and buy tape that was sold as being for tubeless set-up instead of messing with trying to cut the Tyvek to the proper width. I used Whiskey brand. Do some googling and get the proper width.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Most decent bikes use Presta valves so you'll need to get a couple of those, be sure they have removable cores, I think most do. You can use gorilla tape but people says it is difficult to remove later. I would buy some tape made specifically for tubeless taping. I almost tried Tyvek tape when I taped my rims but decided to just go ahead and buy tape that was sold as being for tubeless set-up instead of messing with trying to cut the Tyvek to the proper width. I used Whiskey brand. Do some googling and get the proper width.
    Thanks Chazpat, I already have the stems. Just need to tape them. I’ll end up getting tubeless tape. Thanks again, ride on!