Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428

    2012 Outland Shock Size & Headset Question

    Would someone here be kind enough to tell me the eye to eye length and stroke length for the rear shock on a 2012 Outland 26"?

    Also, does this frame take a ZS44/EC49 headset? Your help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by MiWolverine; 06-29-2016 at 02:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428
    To answer my own question, and for future reference, the shock length and stroke is 7.875 x 2.00". Also, the headset size is ZS44/28.6 (upper) - ZS55/40 (lower).

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine View Post
    To answer my own question, and for future reference, the shock length and stroke is 7.875 x 2.00". Also, the headset size is ZS44/28.6 (upper) - ZS55/40 (lower).
    Thanks for posting this, MiWolverine. i just ordered an Angleset for mine and plan to order a new shock soon.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    Thanks for posting this, MiWolverine. i just ordered an Angleset for mine and plan to order a new shock soon.
    Don't make the same mistake I did, that's not a typo in MiWolverine's post, the Outland really does use a ZS55 headset on the bottom and they're hard as hell to find. The ZS56 Angleset I ordered is useless on this frame.

  5. #5
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428
    If you're looking for an angleset, Works Components has them from a fixed 1░ up to 2░. It does change the top to an external cup, but the bottom is still a ZS55. Just search their site for ZS55 and 3 versions show up.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine View Post
    If you're looking for an angleset, Works Components has them from a fixed 1░ up to 2░. It does change the top to an external cup, but the bottom is still a ZS55. Just search their site for ZS55 and 3 versions show up.
    Thanks, but unfortunately all 3 are out of stock. And since ZS55 is effectively an obsolete standard I'm afraid our chances of them making any more are pretty slim.

    Edit: I just emailed them and will let you know what I hear back...

  7. #7
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428
    Looks like the Works EC44/ZS55 angle headsets are going to be available on the 26th.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    507
    MiWolverine, which shock did you upgrade to? I'm a bit underwhelmed by the performance of the Ario but don't know which replacement shock would work best.

  9. #9
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    MiWolverine, which shock did you upgrade to? I'm a bit underwhelmed by the performance of the Ario but don't know which replacement shock would work best.
    I installed a RS Monarch RT3. To be honest, I never even used the frame with the Ario, I immediately swapped it out because I had the RT3 laying around from another frame.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine View Post
    I installed a RS Monarch RT3. To be honest, I never even used the frame with the Ario, I immediately swapped it out because I had the RT3 laying around from another frame.
    Thanks, how do you like the RT3?

  11. #11
    Dave's not here.
    Reputation: MiWolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by jnroyal View Post
    Thanks, how do you like the RT3?
    It's an older one, 2012 I believe, but I like it. Though, I have no experience with newer shocks. I am not sure if I want to invest that kind of money on this frame.
    Yo no hablo inglÚs

Similar Threads

  1. Max rear shock on FUJI OUTLAND '07
    By rushhenn in forum Fuji
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM
  2. Coil Shock size for 2011 Heckler
    By jawry in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:57 PM
  3. 2011 Fuji Outland 3.0 29er, input?
    By SuperSlow35th in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 07:09 PM
  4. Shock size on '07-'10 Outland Pro?
    By Call_me_Clyde in forum Fuji
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 12:42 PM
  5. Anyone have a 2011 Outland 1.0?
    By Tom2.0 in forum Fuji
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.