Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

TrailMaker #3 - Black Ops

5K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  TrailMaker 
#1 ·
Hey;

Trailmaker Special Forces Series. The Black Ops.

Co-top-ranking member in the Mobile Missions Unit. Humvee, Apache, and Stealth handle sorties/recon. Both Black and Psy Ops stay in the shadows, of course. Out there...somewhere... playing with minds. Declassified photos;

See less See more
Reactions: mickuk
#21 ·
Hey;

Jig is homemade. DO tabs were heated. Full 1/4" thick CroMo. Way to stiff to just biff. I guess I should go to 5s some day, but I'm pretty happy where I am with 4s too. Next would likely be a 29+FS!

Attachments

#23 ·
Hey;

The previous two were the same... in theory. Some deviations due to... um... variations in execution, but -essentially the same. Three main differences. Material, front geo, rear-center.

Tubing is predominantly .028 instead of all .035, resulting in a half pound lighter frame. This one uses the On One carbon fork instead of the Enabler. MUCH lighter, but also 10mm more offset. 68* HT angle instead of 70. Same front center, axle position, and trail. This results in a slighter shorter cockpit. Stays are nearly an inch shorter. That's about it. I considered that enough, what with everything else that is going on.

Shorter cockpit, shorter stays, slacker front, over a pound lighter. I'm interested to see how the On One front geo effects steering. I hope it stays together long enough to find out!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.