The rise of the machines.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 59 of 59
  1. #1
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652

    The rise of the machines.


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    Interesting, I didn't read the whole thing, but I like the execution of the idea. I've been wanting to move over to a jig that's based on a fab table like that for a while now. Especially with doing full suspension stuff, the modularity of it is hard to beat.

    I also like that there are so many options for those grid tables, you could use something affordable like a CertiFlat table or super nice like a Seigmund depending on your need for accuracy/use.

    Dammit, now you got me thinking about a new fixture.
    Myth Cycles handbuilt bike frames
    Durango, CO
    http://www.mythcycles.com

  3. #3
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Yeah. I need to start making some FS mopeds and it's going to be very nice not having to work around the limitations of a beam fixture.

    This was a huge project so I'm dinking around and getting some riding done before starting the actual chassis and special tooling for that. I'm sure that that will just be another long adventure but I've also been trying to kill some time so that E9000 can be released but that's starting to look like a pipe dream. Probaby resort to the new E8000 if time runs out.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    243
    By far the best blog I've read from you. Lots of info and explanation, almost no shade throwing or showboating. Bookmarked for future reference as I am in the process of working my way up to a full-suspension project. Debating continuing to working on brazing or throw down for a TIG machine and dive into that.

    Is this just a personal project, or something you are considering for production/sale?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    As I was reading, I kept waiting for this master class idea to unfold. It was even set up in the classic PVD way, where he bashes the industry to lack of deeper thinking and proper methodology so I knew his idea would be great. Then he hits us with a churched up version of a plate/v-block jig! That was hilarious!

  6. #6
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    That was hilarious!
    You should go back and re-read the post. It seems that you didn't understand it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Read it again? Jeez, I find it hard to imagine anyone actually read all of it the first time. I slipped into a boredom induced coma after the first few thousand words about how youíre the best jig and tool engineer to ever exist. Maybe if thereís a second corona lock-down people will get to the end.

    #war&peace

  8. #8
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    I slipped into a boredom induced coma ...
    Weird. I'm fascinated about ways of making my bikes better. When I come across new information or strategies I'm fascinated. It gives me all kinds of ideas and I get excited. Everyone is different.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    Its pretty easy to comprehend, actually. You saw a problem, changed a few things on an existing system and re-branded it with a fancy name and your typical amount of contempt. You translated a modern fixture design to a classic fixture design and in doing so have made something that will likely work a little better for the designs you want to build. Nothing ground breaking, just a design tweak.

  10. #10
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    10,545
    Singularity. Get ready ó itís coming. Soon bikes will ride themselves.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  11. #11
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    Its pretty easy to comprehend...
    I think you missed it. Have you worked much with bicycle construction tooling? Ever produce bikes? That would help you get it.

  12. #12
    Dark Meat
    Guest
    ^^^ I saw you yesterday, on your homemade abortion hardtail

  13. #13
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Meat View Post
    ^^^ I saw you yesterday, on your homemade abortion hardtail
    I don't hide who I am so others know who I am when they see me. The people that hide themselves don't have to live down their words. They could be any noob we pass.

    What makes the Spitfire an 'abortion', according to your anonymous, hidden opinion? Without any education on cycle design, how do you know that you are correct?

    Did you know what trail I rode?

  14. #14
    Dark Meat
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    I don't hide who I am so others know who I am when they see me. The people that hide themselves don't have to live down their words. They could be any noob we pass.

    What makes the Spitfire an 'abortion', according to your anonymous, hidden opinion? Without any education on cycle design, how do you know that you are correct?

    Did you know what trail I rode?
    Iím not hiding...these MTBR idiots changed my ID. My name is griz. You were riding Hobo DH.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    I think you missed it. Have you worked much with bicycle construction tooling? Ever produce bikes? That would help you get it.
    Actually, I think you missed it. In the midst of stroking your ego when writing that post, you missed the part where your design isn't original or clever. You made a mash up, its just a reproduction of what the industry has been doing for decades. And as far as production, thats a joke. Your fixture is too amateur for a big producer and I have never heard of, talked to or seen another human that wants one of your bikes. All that brainpower and not a lot of sense....

  16. #16
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    its just a reproduction of what the industry has been doing for decades...
    According to your narrow understanding. Since you don't have any background in bicycle design or production, there's a mountain of knowledge that you don't have or have the capacity to understand.

    Why don't you find some evidence that supports your 'quick quip'? Is that too much work for you? You've really done nothing here.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Why don't you find some evidence that supports your 'quick quip'? Is that too much work for you? You've really done nothing here.
    Then we both have done equal amounts! You just put far more effort into your nothing design.

  18. #18
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    ...equal amounts...
    You've done nothing. You're nobody. A ghost. You haven't done anything ever. You have no understanding of anything you're saying.

    Actually, you're not a bike expert | Peter Verdone Designs

    I had a much more vast portfolio before I left high school...in 1988.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    You've done nothing. You're nobody. A ghost. You haven't done anything ever. You have no understanding of anything you're saying.
    I don't know whats worse, to be a nobody or to think you're something special and be a nobody. Because for you its definitely the latter. The only thing you have done that no one else on here has is claim that you're the greatest.

    In your world, and only your world, you're the smartest guy in the room. Its funny that your overly insecure post about being an expert included Dunning-Kruger because it explains you perfectly!

  20. #20
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    I don't know...
    Again, no facts, no evidence, nothing. Just insults. You have contributed nothing here at all. Be critical of my work, fine. Just back it up with something. You've got nothing.

    You're anonymous. A fraud. You're hiding because the truth is your enemy. Another 16 year old with a keyboard.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21
    Ive been very clear, what other facts or evidence do I need to provide? Your design is a mix-n-match special. You said it yourself, you wanted to slap some Sputnik parts on a table. That is not a ground breaking design nor is making a few tweaks to an existing design for more forward geometry. You want a gold star for making this:

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0a/c5...62060482eb.jpg

    And Im sure you think that a more defined centerline and adjustability for bent tubes sets yours apart but it doesn't. Keep trying your best, buddy!

  22. #22
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    You have no understanding of this at all. You've shown a photo of a fixture that is nothing like mine.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: adarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    401
    Lol at these ding dongs who will shit on everything you to Peter. Nice lookin' fixture - it really does look super useable and way more thought out than anything out there. Cool stuff.

  24. #24
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Thanks Adam. I'm glad that you like it.

    What would you change on it if it were your design? Where do you see problems or room for improvement?

  25. #25
    will rant for food
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,949
    As much as I am reticent to come to PVD's defense specifically, using such a term to describe an inanimate object is loathsome. There are plenty of ways to criticize the man, but this has to be by far the laziest jab I've seen. Try harder with your insults.
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (officialy in 2016, functionally in 2020).

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crank1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,814
    So it's a super modular and adjustable fixture?

    Reminds me of what Hillbrick was doing in the 90's. Great framebuilder, was able to put rainbow stripes on his frames, mechanical engineer, made a sizing frame using servo motors to speed up the sizing process and couod make any part needed for his fixture to make whatever frame he was making.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    6
    Pretty sweet design! And the machining looks amazing too!

    I was especially interested when you were talking about horizontal vs. vertical as I have limited shop space and size is always a consideration when Im looking for tools or machines. Could your design be translated to a vertical orientation by just mounting the fab table to a stand vertically?

  28. #28
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemus147 View Post
    Could your design be translated to a vertical orientation by just mounting the fab table to a stand vertically?
    If it were really necessary, yes. The important parts are bolted down so that's all good. You'd just lose some of the utility of a good welding table and the gravity based setups. I may also make tacking a bit more difficult unless you had it on a rotisserie or spin mount.

    I'm sure if one were to procure a 3/4" aluminum breadboard, it would be significantly easier for this but it may make sense to add bracing to hold the plate flat.

    Baselab Tools:

    36 In X 48 In X 3/4 In Thick Solid Aluminum Optical Breadboard
    Your Price:$1,707.00
    In Stock
    Part Number:SAB3648-T
    Thickness:3/4" (0.75")

    SAB3648-T - 36 in x 48 in x 3/4 in Thick Solid Aluminum Optical Breadboard, Black Anodized

  29. #29
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTiltBoogie View Post
    I don't know whats worse, to be a nobody or to think you're something special and be a nobody. Because for you its definitely the latter. The only thing you have done that no one else on here has is claim that you're the greatest.

    In your world, and only your world, you're the smartest guy in the room. Its funny that your overly insecure post about being an expert included Dunning-Kruger because it explains you perfectly!
    I believe its called NPD https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20366662

    However the nobody you are a nobody aspect he seems to roll out for the strawman arguments , you wont be the first you wont be the last its ****ing comedy gold

  30. #30
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by adarn View Post
    Lol at these ding dongs who will shit on everything you to Peter. Nice lookin' fixture - it really does look super useable and way more thought out than anything out there. Cool stuff.
    Some of us are LOL at you too buddy , mainly thinking you are a big hitter.

  31. #31
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Poor Mike.
    Jealous and angry.
    Thought he was an 'engineer'.
    Found out he wasn't.

    Mike, I handed you your as$ on the other thread. Let's not do that again. If you really are a bowl maker now, then get lost and do that. Don't come here to try to bring down the folks that are actually doing the work.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    6
    Man, everyone is Kung-Fu Fighting' around here!

    Im on the same page with Eric from Myth on how cool this design would be especially for FS frames! Also, Ive been really fascinated with tandem geometry and the idea of building one lately and a system like this seems to lend itself perfectly to that type of build. As far as Ive seen, this type of fixture is how most of the big dogs in the tandem game do it anyway. It looks like with the addition of a BB post and ST fixture, the Cyberdyne would be capable of a bike for two!

  33. #33
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemus147 View Post
    Kung-Fu..
    Yes. I've seen the daVinci table, often in Eric Barr's Instagram and Facebook. It's more of a tradition table type design but it is the full length of a tandem.

    https://www.facebook.com/eric.baar/p...21351422828410
    https://www.instagram.com/groundupspeedshop/
    daVinci Designs - Performance Handbuilt Tandem Bicycles | Independent Coasting Drivetrain

    Certainly, my design is perfect for tandems, triples, quads, etc. If you have a welding table or breadboard long enough, or join a few in a row, you can do as long as you like. I wanted to keep any possible design open so you can go as tall or as long as you choose with any parameter.

    It would make sense to put the secondary bottom brackets on separate X/Y stages so that each rider has the ability for a different crank axis height in addition to their 'in-line' spacing.

    If you wanted to go nuts, Siegmund has a 4m x 2m table you can get!

    https://www.siegmund.com/en/1-Weldin...erview,102.php

  34. #34
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    And straight away we have a fit for NPD , Peter your a technician at SFSU or at least they think you are despite you thinking otherwise.

    SFSU Physics & Astronomy

    I bet if we got you in a room and asked you to do some first principles design calculations for a absolutely anything you wouldnít know where to ****ing start ,would then bloviate and come up with excuses like you do on the www.


    what are you on now , 5 frames it appears since 2014? Pmsl

    From now on because you are so easily triggered we should call you Princess Ver Done or Just NPVD

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    It would make sense to put the secondary bottom brackets on separate X/Y stages so that each rider has the ability for a different crank axis height in addition to their 'in-line' spacing.
    This is the idea I have been most excited about, you hit it on the head! The Anvil Tandem Attachment just isn't as adjustable as I'd like for a design like this.


    And I definitely want to go nuts but damn, these tables aren't cheap! I looked at those Newport tables in your blog too and felt like I needed one even though I don't entirely understand why they are so cool. Are you planning on producing/selling your tooling?

  36. #36
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by compositepro View Post
    ...
    Mike, you have no understanding about what engineering is. You just copy a basic design and make it more expensive. Nobody that I know calls that engineering. Why don't you go find a problem and solve it. Return with your work.

  37. #37
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemus147 View Post
    these tables aren't cheap!
    They are but that's because they are so useful. I designed around the imperial table rather than metric for several reasons. Mostly, in the USA, many imperial optical breadboards and welding tables are sold on the secondary markets. Keep your eyes open on Craigslist or Ebay and you may get very lucky one day.

  38. #38
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    ok here you go i found a problem

    https://forums.mtbr.com/frame-buildi...30-731604.html

    show us the free body diagram and engineering calculations for the spindle and bearings as pointed out further down in the thread , by the time the people who had an effing clue joined in you ran away.

    oooh return with your work, didn't you also ask some of the members on that thread to do just that also despite you being the one making the claims?

    Reality is Pete its not doing me any harm selling a copy of a copy for less than 1000 quid if I can be arsed

    I was looking at maybe having to go back to designing bits for submarines or cars before your little spat on Pinkbike, now a lot more people have seen the stuff I stopped making 2 years ago , they even know its cheap as **** and from what im reading don't give a shit wether its the best or not ,I've got plenty of reasons to stop making bowls as a hobby....

    but I wont because I'm pretty free to do what the **** I want.

    **EDIT** and no one gives a ****

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by compositepro View Post
    Just a lowly technician, snlgger!!! Whereís that popcorn gone?

  40. #40
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by compositepro View Post
    ....
    So much nothing. You are such a little worm. Bring nothing to a discussion, tell everybody you're amazing, say "submarines", but your work is trivial.

    I keep proving myself. You bring only insults. If you want everyone to think you're the best engineer, show us. Please god, stop telling us.

  41. #41
    will rant for food
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,949
    spicy

    fk'n spicy
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (officialy in 2016, functionally in 2020).

  42. #42
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Thatís right peters usual MO once heís lost the credibility race , attack the man the internet is littered with it maybe you can post som little karate kid gif to make you feel better.

    Could you get someone from University to give you a note to say your awesome so we can at least believe something you say?

    Pretty sure anyone with eyes in their head has seen this thread for what it is ,Christ mate you are running out of places to post other than your own blog

    But again aside from the people that pause for your Spanish soap operas most scroll on by no as no one else gives a shit either.

  43. #43
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,563
    You two should just make out already, we all know you want to.



    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    13
    These threads are the best Saturday night entertainment.

  45. #45
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    What's so sad about Mike is that when you look at his comments, they are all attacks on people. Look at this thread. What did mike bring here? Comment, question, critique, ideas? No. He only brought his usual, insults. It's like this every single time. He just want's to prove he's the smart guy but instead of bringing value, he brings $hit. He even attacks Adam because he gave me props.

    I share my work. I explain it. I produce new solutions that others can easily reference. I participate in the discussions.

    Mike just copies other people and says he's an engineer. It's so pathetic.

    Just look at his Actos copy. Mk3, and still just a copy. Not even a provision for an offset seat tube. I don't think he even knew that that was a thing because he's just a noob with a machine shop. Anvil does an offset seat tube holder. Sputnik does and offset seat tube holder. Hell, even Cobra does an offset seat tube holder. Mike asks "What's an offset seat tube?" Engineering marvel right there. Doesn't know anything about bike geometry, builds a frame fixture from someone else's design. I've known hundreds of guys like this. They love to parade their credentials around but their work is terrible.

    Mike, stop saying you're an amazing engineer. Show us.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    What's so sad about Mike is that when you look at his comments, they are all attacks on people. Look at this thread. What did mike bring here? Comment, question, critique, ideas? No. He only brought his usual, insults. It's like this every single time. He just want's to prove he's the smart guy but instead of bringing value, he brings $hit.

    Mike just copies other people and says he's an engineer. It's so pathetic.

    Mike, stop saying you're an amazing engineer.
    Whatís so funny about this thread, is that PVDís rant, could all actually be about PVDís usual replies to everyone else.

    ďPeople who live in glass houses shouldnít,,,,,,, ď

    More popcorn please.

  47. #47
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    What's so sad about Mike is that when you look at his comments, they are all attacks on people. Look at this thread. What did mike bring here? Comment, question, critique, ideas? No. He only brought his usual, insults. It's like this every single time. He just want's to prove he's the smart guy but instead of bringing value, he brings $hit. He even attacks Adam because he gave me props.

    I share my work. I explain it. I produce new solutions that others can easily reference. I participate in the discussions.

    Mike just copies other people and says he's an engineer. It's so pathetic.

    Just look at his Actos copy. Mk3, and still just a copy. Not even a provision for an offset seat tube. I don't think he even knew that that was a thing because he's just a noob with a machine shop. Anvil does an offset seat tube holder. Sputnik does and offset seat tube holder. Hell, even Cobra does an offset seat tube holder. Mike asks "What's an offset seat tube?" Engineering marvel right there. Doesn't know anything about bike geometry, builds a frame fixture from someone else's design. I've known hundreds of guys like this. They love to parade their credentials around but their work is terrible.

    Mike, stop saying you're an amazing engineer. Show us.
    Where did I claim any of this , did i attack anyone except you, its all in your head mate show me where I said ,"I'm an amazing engineer" I brought a comment about narcissistic personality disorder, you took offence though I would guess I'm not the only one with enough free will to arrive at their own conclusions .

    You were asked for the proof of calcs from this thread where you claimed.

    https://forums.mtbr.com/frame-buildi...30-731604.html

    you never provided anything other than yet another sweeping statement ,

    you actually went on the attack in that thread too when people asked you for it and did the usual straw man arguments towards the end. Its not the only example out there.

    You then went on the attack yet again in this thread ...BORE OFF

    And I'm sure long after I have gone from here you will continue to attack anyone that's new or doesnt give a shit about your existence either

    As sure as the sun rises pretty much every thread you comment on people have say two things. Thats an actual fact not an insult

    Dont involve PVD it turns into a shitshow

    or

    He comes up with SOME useful stuff but you have to wade through the complete other shit he comes out with.

    that ain't participating mate that's being the kid no one really invited to the party but its a public place and everyone has a right to air their view . I wouldnt assume your rabid fans will be saying something similar but hazard also they're a lot less emotionally invested than you and would be flattered they took time out to call me a ****.

    for those that missed it its here
    https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listc...mmentid6885699

    As you were told on the pinkbike thread, yet another where your counsel (thats a posh word for advice) wasn't wanted once you had done your usual.

    So lets give you the attention you crave ,Here's an easier one.

    Explain why your so desperate to be in an industry whose products you despise? You claim all this work is solely for you , you claim the industry does it wrong, yet then resort to posting ad nauseum on the few outlets where you have some remaining good will with people who don't see through you yet??

    If everything is so "trash" why do you hanker for the recognition , Just seems a bit desperate as I said over on pinkbike where you handed me my ass PMSL the elephant in the room is a 50 year old man crying for some attention.

    Actually the above is rhetorical I don't really care why but had a feeling you would get excited that we might have asked you a question about yourself.

    How long have you been bloviating now on the internet 20 years I mean in that time you could have got an actual job in the pushbike industry and fixed everything...and I mean absolutely everything ?? Its a perfectly valid assessment apparently it took 20 years to build the Pyramid of GIZA (citation needed)something waaaay more impressive.

    I would guess you would probably have tons of bikes out there you had tested and proved but your blog where you prove everything seems to be production bikes you have owned or maybe hired or borrowed yet claim to have expertly, no it was "meticulously set up" and then the 4 or 5 or 6 bikes you have made up to present day. Here's a secret for you lots of us go out and have loads of fun on our bikes every day and we bought them from shops.....yes sweetheart we don't need to tell anyone they are shite and we set bikes up how we like

    I mean there are 20 something year old kids just leaving university who walk straight into a job at SRAM designing bike parts, according to you, you know it all and surely they would want that experience and product development experience LOL or is it that they have the qualifications to get the interview and through the door and you don't?

    Even if it wasn't the case you would think someone would front the money for you if you wanted to get your great business idea off the ground, I mean your industry contacts would get you there no?

    I don't see nothing from an industrial background which is now my domain I haven't claimed anything about anything you have supposedly made or constructed I merely pointed out that Over many years your rants on the internet were borderline NPD

    I'm yet to see something you haven't had something bad to say about from my limited reading other than a santa cruz pivot which was amazing .... you then turned round a few weeks ago and pointed out they were trash or was it ibis or was it just their industrial designer you had exception with?? both companies I guess that are doing significantly better than you?

    and then again this

    "Just look at his Actos copy. Mk3, and still just a copy. Not even a provision for an offset seat tube. I don't think he even knew that that was a thing because he's just a noob with a machine shop. Anvil does an offset seat tube holder. Sputnik does and offset seat tube holder. Hell, even Cobra does an offset seat tube holder. Mike asks "What's an offset seat tube?" Engineering marvel right there. Doesn't know anything about bike geometry, builds a frame fixture from someone else's design. I've known hundreds of guys like this. They love to parade their credentials around but their work is terrible."

    The above is only relevant to you!! you are setting the parameters of your own argument, yet again you have built an argument that suits your purpose and needs, anyone looking in might not want what you want peter, they might not care , I certainly don't its a well known fact and you arrived to the party two years late on why I stopped making stuff. 5 years ago we had a flat table you claim I missed it , no it just didn't work for me but I don't NEED to tell the world hell no one needs to actually tell you anything you just somehow need to be involved and **** me its unavoidable and does ruin the experience for many.

    There's threads upon threads of people building their own fixtures that copy that and do what I did , I never claimed anything otherwise , what upsets you? the fact I made one and sold it for less than £1000 and this allowed people to actually get into doing something they enjoy as hobby.

    if you want to move the parameters of the argument back into the real world lets look at it from that perspective it wasn't an exercise in making the best of anything was it ? It was cheap and cheerful and that got people into a hobby they enjoy ,some even launched businesses from it ,and it served solely the purpose it was designed for , few design hours , few machine hours, low costs

    do you want me to provide a budget fixture with an offset seat cone just for your argument ?,because you think its right , here's the thing in 8 years NOT 1 PERSON has asked for it, is it essential maybe ,maybe not, who actually cares, let me guess its you that cares right , I will expect some more self serving bollocks with the words about how passionate you are etc in what will undoubtably be another response that doesn't answer a single thing.

    As you were told I stopped making even the to expensive one two years ago but for some reason you tried to include me in your diatribe when to be fair mate no one wants to be ****ing associated with you (honestly I actually turned anything you posted on facebook off unless someone I actually valued commented or when you started tagging shit then I had to look at what the **** you were up to and thought jesus christ this kid is actually a weapons grade moron)

    yet on and on you go, you failed in your critical analysis to recognise that expensive one I stopped making was still less than 1800 quid in fact still cheaper than everything else out there from memory??

    I stopped making it because I didn't think it was actually VFM and the whole beam fixture thing was supposed to get people with a limited budget into the game, if they couldn't machine bits themselves oh did i mention we gave the plans and CAD files away for free to people to make their own too.

    See the problem with you peter is you ASSUME too much and don't know half of the actual facts of why or how things came into being

    I'm not interested in having a shrine to how ****ing brilliant I am in fact I don't recall often actually outside flikr and instagram punting my stuff on anyone, my actual real time job would prefer me not to have an internet presence at all because you have to fill out pages of forms for the clearance every 5 years.

    There's nothing sad about anything, but again I have noticed you used the SAD argument over on the pinkbike thread , you seem to fixate on your same playbook of insults and again its another assumption on you're part, life is good right now.
    I sometimes even get to sit with my thumb up my arse and do nothing and still get paid , I earned enough money to pay off my house I get to design interesting stuff when I chose and argue with ********s on the internet sometimes when its slow, but most of all opened doors into places that will see me out till I'm 65

    luckily for you that's about the limit of time I'm prepared to spend on you , you can now get some last word in , claim we are all jealous or angry ( again another trait from the NPD list of symptoms) maybe we are , you know all of us , each and every one of a seemingly growing number you can claim some victory over that might make you seethe a bit less

    Thanks for the great PR though and I hope some have enjoyed various people turning your actual thread into a shit show instead of you doing it to everyone else .

  48. #48
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    Whatís so funny about this thread, is that PVDís rant, could all actually be about PVDís usual replies to everyone else.

    ďPeople who live in glass houses shouldnít,,,,,,, ď

    More popcorn please.
    Probably just CTRL C then CTRL V and changes the name.

  49. #49
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Mike, it's obvious you don't care about any of this. That's why you keep coming back to it. You dont care so much, you can't ignore it and come back with your pathetic insults.

    I dont wait for folks to "ask for it". That's the whole point here. I'm solving the problem. You're waiting for others to come to you with solutions.

    You dont bring anything to the table Mike. A lot of people don't like me on the internet but that's because my ideas are threatening. Notice that most responses to my work is a personal attack. That's what people do when they are scared. That's what you do. You're scared. I scare you.

    Prove you dont care. Walk away. Don't come back. Go work on your killing machines that your so proud of. Find something that you can care about because nobody needs someone around that doesn't care.

    You know why I post to my site, why I post here, why I do my bikes? Because I do care. It's actually important to me.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    A lot of people don't like me on the internet but that's because my ideas are threatening. Notice that most responses to my work is a personal attack. That's what people do when they are scared. That's what you do. You're scared. I scare you.
    .
    And you have just proven how delusional you are. People donít like you because you are an obnoxious, objectionable, sometimes offensive and with what appears to be a large inferiority complex. I very much doubt you have anybody ďscaredĒ You talk to people like they are absolute dirt, and fair enough, some people are just born without social skills. I find it very hard to believe However, that an educated, middle age, middle class man who works in a place of learning doesnít have these interpersonal skills.

    So that leaves just 1 option, you are a keyboard warrior who lives to wind people up. Touchť, my hat goes off to you. You are remarkably good at being a complete arsehole, you really do ďlive the rollĒ Robert Deniro could learn a thing or 2 from you.

  51. #51
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    The best part about referencing the whole BB30/PF41 issue is that I was the one who made this argument at the time, as everyone was jumping on board, and has been proven correct in time. Everyone gets to be right after the fact. I'm trying to be right before that. Thanks for proving my case!

  52. #52
    pvd
    pvd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    ...You talk to people like they are absolute dirt...
    Is this about how I reacted to your inability to draw or do math?

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Is this about how I reacted to your inability to draw or do math?
    I expect better from you, that was weak. 2/10 Must try harder.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    601
    Are you guys going to bring some actual criticism of the design/execution of the frame jig, or is this entirely about personal attacks and a BB thread from 2013 (edit: 2011)?

  55. #55
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    I expect better from you, that was weak. 2/10 Must try harder.
    Especially as all we asked for was the actual maths to prove anything hes ever done

  56. #56
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    And you have just proven how delusional you are. People donít like you because you are an obnoxious, objectionable, sometimes offensive and with what appears to be a large inferiority complex. I very much doubt you have anybody ďscaredĒ You talk to people like they are absolute dirt, and fair enough, some people are just born without social skills. I find it very hard to believe However, that an educated, middle age, middle class man who works in a place of learning doesnít have these interpersonal skills.

    So that leaves just 1 option, you are a keyboard warrior who lives to wind people up. Touchť, my hat goes off to you. You are remarkably good at being a complete arsehole, you really do ďlive the rollĒ Robert Deniro could learn a thing or 2 from you.
    And he drops the mic

    notice however how hes actually trying a different tactic.

  57. #57
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    i make bowls peter wooden bowls its pretty difficult to lay down some hype on a ****ing wooden bowl...."I dont make bowls i make oject de art"

    next week I might buy a laser and burn wood for some door placards

    One thing I do know is I can still figure out load calculations and make wooden bowls ...at this moment you dont seem to be able to do either

    And on queue as I pointed out earlier you would try and get some passion statement in . If itís important to you eff off and get on with it some of these guys just want to get on with their own shit and donít need or want your advice , your NPD canít control this environment

    More reality for ya post to your own media page you will never be criticised and then the people who really are interested in your crap can follow you there too but if they have an interest

  58. #58
    would rather be ruined
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasSingleSpeed View Post
    Are you guys going to bring some actual criticism of the design/execution of the frame jig, or is this entirely about personal attacks and a BB thread from 2013 (edit: 2011)?
    Dont be daft we are now just piling on ,none of us ride or make stuff To be fair though itís becoming boring now we are into the 2016 clangers

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Go work on your killing machines that your so proud of.

    ďI donít make bicycles I make weapons systemsĒ
    Spitfire
    Sidewinder
    Blackbird
    Warbird

    Itís seems thatís itís actually you NPVD who gets a stiffy for killing machines?

    And as for the weird terminator cyberdyne thing?? I was going to ask if you didnít get the email, but it probably only went out to the engineers, not the technicians. Cyberdyne donít need fixtures they use a mimetic polyalloy that can just assume any shape, offset seatpost or not. It seems youíre behind the times, not ahead.

Similar Threads

  1. 120V Milling Machines
    By david lewis in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 07:00 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
  3. human powered machines...
    By singlesprocket in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
  4. My Commuter amongst the road machines
    By Berkeley Mike in forum Commuting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Members who have read this thread: 147

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.