Rigor- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rigor

pvd
    mtbr member

Rigor

Almost 2 weeks ago, I posted to my blog about doing the real work of design within bike construction. Recent discussions on facebook and Finn's post here made me think that it would be valued by folks here.

Take a look and maybe share some screen shots of your own mathematical modeling work.

You can't fix it in post. | Peter Verdone Designs

mtbr member
    I love that trig figure. I saved it off and started handing it around to the kids in my office to hang next to the drill charts and standard hole tables. Wish I had it 30 years ago for homework. Thank you for making it.

mtbr member
    Ugh! I've been doing trig in one of my classes and it is really challenging me. I wish I wasn't doing it online as it would really benefit to have interaction to help understand better and solidify the knowledge. It is reminding me of growing up and being homeschooled my whole life, where I excelled at math, but the 20+ year hiatus has certainly made me rusty.

(Sorry, nothing really that contributes to the post, but keep up the blog work. I've enjoyed reading it and learned quite a bit from it.)
    Silly bike things happening.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlands R&C View Post
    Ugh! I've been doing trig in one of my classes and it is really challenging me...
    Print this image and really learn it. Its critical for when you get to calculus that you understand trigonometry and this image will do more for that than all the bs your teacher will say. Most teachers never learn trig right and then they teach it wrong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Print this image and really learn it. Its critical for when you get to calculus that you understand trigonometry
    Thanks! That image is actually the main reason why I commented, because something like that would have done a lot to help (along with not having to shift to online classes halfway through the semester). I'm considering taking the same class again over the summer to make sure I have it down, I don't like being half-good at math, I have to know how to do it, and do it well. Guess old habits die hard.
    Silly bike things happening.