My bad. Wrong place. Reposted else where- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

My bad. Wrong place. Reposted else where

Wrong place. Didnt mean to waste your time
    Last edited by mestude; 04-15-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Wrong place

mbtr member
    Some formatting would make that a lot more readable.

It sounds like you want to hang parts off a production frame, where this forum is about constructing the frame itself. I could buy 2 custom frames for what i've spent on building them, and my set up is 'extremely amateurish.'

Try asking the fat bike forum, and instead of a life story focus on what kind of riding and ownership experience you're looking for from the frame.

...did you make an email address just for this post?
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    Some formatting would make that a lot more readable.

It sounds like you want to hang parts off a production frame, where this forum is about constructing the frame itself. I could buy 2 custom frames for what i've spent on building them, and my set up is 'extremely amateurish.'

Try asking the fat bike forum, and instead of a life story focus on what kind of riding and ownership experience you're looking for from the frame.

...did you make an email address just for this post?
    Thank you Scott for your input. I realized after the fact about actual frame build and design. I did post in fat bike. I didn't mean to waste anyone's time. I get I didn't format very well, I just sort of puked it out on the keyboard...i know most people have their own story and that we don't really care about other people's life stories except on reality shows.. Ha.. .... However, that's what brought me to this project to begin with. Again, I did repost it in fatbike. I'll look into deleting this post. I don't mean to waste anyones time. I miss the days of when people really wanted to help others with their knowledge and experience.

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestude View Post
    I miss the days of when people really wanted to help others with their knowledge and experience.
    With so much connectedness you gain access to a wealth of knowledge... doled out by people who are contributing because they're bored. People haven't changed, just your access to them has.

In the 90s i'd pretend i was a fatbike guru and be helpful and 30% clueless and you wouldn't know the difference, nowadays i don't really know much about fatbikes and we're all so connected that you'll hit on someone who wants to stoke their ego telling you exactly what's what... so why should you and i waste each others' time?

The advice available on the internet is better now than it ever was, but you have to reach out and grab the attention of someone who is really savvy with regards to your interest.

I wish you the best luck with your project, and as a former 270lb'er... weight DOESN'T MATTER, and threaded BBs and a sturdy tube set are real tangible benefits. Have fun! Sorting out mountain bikes is fun!
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanks Scott. Please understand that I wasn't digging at you. I (in disbelief) have had a unusual amount of negative feedback on some of my Internet posts for this fatbike build, my new found.... Something to do during the day.... I have loved MTB for years. The biggest reason I got away from it, is my (9yr old) son, who is growing and not quite ready for the trails. But soon. Anyway the forums used to be a cool place to hang out and talk about like minded interests. I know that I can ask one simple question about any component and get 100s of different complicated answers and even see arguments in that same thread as two guys will have pissing match as to why one is better....but I'm ok with that, as I'm bored and plus I have been out of the scene for so long and I know nothing about fat bikes, that's why I'm posting such a vague post.