I need some votes!- Mtbr.com
    pvd
    mtbr member

I need some votes!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Vote'd!

That is gorgeous looking.
    Sidenote- one of my coworkers has a SS frame of yours from 10+- years ago, loves it and swears he'll sell every other bike except that one. I don't blame him.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo

pvd
    mtbr member
    Very cool.

Thanks!

Pos rep makes me sad
    Hard to find anything "sexy" about any of them.

Stanton's dropouts and top tube cable ports were bigger turn-offs than the Ti was a "turn on".

They don't show any of your details, such as chainstay yoke or rear brake mount.

Nothing special about the Swarf except the paint job.

*shrug* I'll reluctantly cast a vote for yours, because I did see your chainstay yoke (and other details) and it still stands out in my mind as impressive and the bike's name kind of has meaning...

BTW, your site is super slow right now. xD
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

Pos rep makes me sad
    Surprised the chromag is in 3rd.

Here's my pinkbike comment on how I judged them:

Unsexy: Chromagg's DT-BB junction and chainstay, Stanton's dropouts and internal routing ports, shrunken DT by the HT, fat top tubes, a lot of things combined on that Pipedream Moxie...

Sexy: Stanton's ST. Brushed Ti. Neat chainstay yokes on the Stanton and PVD. That purple-blue fade finish. Nice little detailed touches, like PVD gusset by rear brake and hooded dropouts. Tube diameter proportions on the PVD.

Honorable mention: How Stanton's DT connects to the TT and HT. How PVD machined his chainstay yoke (have to see his website).
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Rad.

mtbr member
    I wonder why a bike genre that look they have put a BMX through a photocopier + 10% is considered sexy. All these bikes are minimalist, and save the colors, actually boring to look at. The only challenge in this genre is doing the BB/Chainstay, so why does this require a vote?

Peter, I am aware of your passion and the fun that you have with this bike group and good for you to share your insights as you have developed this style into a creditable purpose built functional bike, but to actually participate in a beauty contest?

Must be an American thing to do in winter.

I'd rather ride them and have fun. Come down to the Southern Hemisphere and ride in our summer.

Eric
    If I don't make an attempt, how will I know if it will work?

mbtr member
    Sorry you didn't win Pete, but i'm kinda glad the bike with a wrap of electrical tape to keep the handlebars from smashing the TT isn't the sexiest hardtail. You won the form-follows-function beauty contest by a landslide.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

pvd
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Malcolm View Post
    Peter, I am aware of your passion and the fun that you have with this bike group and good for you to share your insights as you have developed this style into a creditable purpose built functional bike, but to actually participate in a beauty contest?
    I was nominated within the forum. I was suprised. Suprised more by how close I came to winning. Still, it was a beauty contest and that's not my strong suit. I trade on performance. Few can read the geometry to see that.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    Sorry you didn't win Pete, but i'm kinda glad the bike with a wrap of electrical tape to keep the handlebars from smashing the TT isn't the sexiest hardtail. You won the form-follows-function beauty contest by a landslide.
    The 'bean can' saved a frame this weekend. Every bike should have one. Then folks wouldn't have to ride goofy chopper bars.

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    The 'bean can' saved a frame this weekend. Every bike should have one. Then folks wouldn't have to ride goofy chopper bars.
    Why do you prefer that solution over a curved top tube?
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov