The 50+ Year Old Age Poll...PART II ***A continuation thread. - Page 2- Mtbr.com

Poll: How old are you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Just back into riding at 55, too many hobbies but quit riding after meeting my missus. No health issues just couch potato lifestyle. She doesn't ride, never learned how but since lately many of my friends and acquaintances have been passing I got back in the gym, called a few old riding buddies, bought a Trek Fuel and back at it. Very happy!! Looking to be more active in the riding community to help improve access for all two wheel lovers. I still have my last ride in the garage, 1998 Storm all XTR! Its a collectable

mtbr member
    70 and riding more than ever. Usually 4 days a week including the one a week road ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    65 and diggin' that medicare. I'm pushing' to get my riding back to 5-6 days a week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    There is hope guys, at 61 i ride 6-7 days a week, 4 hrs on good days, 4 months fat, a 29 and a 27+ for the other 8 months. Time away fom the big city is close to paradise.

sae
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    64 yesterday , mtb every day year around nless it's to much snow
    in the forest trails

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by sae View Post
    64 yesterday , mtb every day year around nless it's to much snow
    in the forest trails
    Happy Birthday! pretend I said that yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

sae
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 33red View Post
    There is hope guys, at 61 i ride 6-7 days a week, 4 hrs on good days, 4 months fat, a 29 and a 27+ for the other 8 months. Time away fom the big city is close to paradise.
    An inspiration.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 33red View Post
    Right on!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    55, but closer to 56 so rounded up. Generally I get 300+/- hours per year in on the bike. I am mostly a roadie by 3:1 ratio. More time and interest in MTBing with purchase last year of my Otso, a Mastodon and 29+ wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just turned 50 last week.....made it
    Been MTB'ing since '92.
    Commuted to work in my 30's to early 40's then with 3 boys in hockey/soccer etc it had me donning chauffeur/coach hats for many years.

The youngest boy (23) is just finishing up his accounting degree, so we should be empty nesters within a year or so.

Just got a commuter bike so I can start riding to work again....kills two birds with one stone as I have to get to work anyway, and it doesn't take any extra time in my schedule.

The MTB's in the garage will get put into use this spring/summer as I'm going to start a Saturday morning "hey boys, let's hit the trails" routine. They have no excuse as I have bikes built up for them

Looking forward to get spinning again and dropping some pounds.

And last time I visited my doctor he said, "Hey, you're coming up on 50, right?"
    I said, "Yes indeed. I guess that means we will have our 'special time' together soon?"
    He chuckled, "Yup. 30 seconds of time that is well worth it.....for you, at least"

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Welcome to Big Boy age group and welcome back to MTBing. Similar story to mine, a few years back. I got back into MTBing after my kids started driving.

mtbr member
    Turned 70 last November. Ride 3-4 days a week. Road ride when the weather warms to summer temps on Cape Cod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    I have already voted on this. 5 years ago. Did not get any older so still the same as I cannot vote again.
    get fresh air and stay fit

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by las-palmas View Post
    I have already voted on this. 5 years ago. Did not get any older so still the same as I cannot vote again.
    I want what he's having.

mtbr member
    I'm 50-55 and started biking n the 80's, I took a few years off to build my business and raise a family. Cheers to all the other old timers here.

mtbr member
    I probably replied to your first poll back when I was young. I turn 70 in June and still ride almost every day on dirt or road.

Honestly, I'm in better shape now then ten years ago. Just finished a 79 day ski season including steep and deep in Alaska.

I also weened myself off MTBR a few years ago and only came back today looking for some info on the Diamondback Mason 2 27.5+ hardtail.
    Last edited by Rev Bubba; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba View Post
    I probably replied to your first poll back when I was young. I turn 70 in June and still ride almost every day on dirt or road.

Honestly, I'm in better shape now then ten years ago. Just finished a 79 day ski season including steep and deep in Alaska.

I also weened myself off MTBR a few years ago and only came back today looking for some info on the Diamondback Mason 2 27.5+ hardtail.
    I am 61 and i recently added a HT 27.5x3.0 to my fat and 29 mountain. I enjoy it a lot. So find a brand that fits you is my suggestion and go for it. Without a car, i too ride most days, life is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba View Post

Sounds like you池e doing everything right and living a full life of adventure.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I'm 56 - 60 and looking for some advice on repairs, maintenance and buying parts for my vintage hybrid.

mtbr member
    I'm 57, MTBing since ~'83.

Retired a bit over a month ago after 29 years in IT for the same company. I passed on two previous buyout offers - wasn't quite ready and wasn't sure enough that savings would be enough to live the way I wanted to live (which isn't all that extravagant).

Then another buyout offer came early this year, and I took it. This time the time was right. I was getting a bit burned out and I knew that if I passed again, I'd instantly regret it.

And let me tell you, retirement is *great*. Now I ride whenever I want, as long as I want.

For now, I'm purposely keeping my commitments few, and enjoying the freedom. I expect I'll get more involved in things later on.

Co Springs
    Okay, I voted again. Nothing like feeling old TWICE !
    Had to check this new thread out because I figured it was set up for those that survived 50 and beyond ..... I'm 57 til November.

I'm slipping I guess, just ordered a 30t ring for my 1x11 but soon to pack 26# on it for a camping expedition. The last packed ride (plus 30#) kicked my gusto so I'm trying a new tactic.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12