Wasatch Peak: Comp vs Elite- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019

Wasatch Peak: Comp vs Elite

Hello Fezzari group,
    Been looking at getting new bike. Fezzari has got my interest. After much research and reading customer reviews, I have not found a bad review. I have not even came across an average review. Everything has been exceptional. With that being said,I have decieded on the Wasatch Peak. The difference is $500 dollars between the Comp and Elite. The primary difference is the drivetrain and brakes. Comp has Shiman Deore 10 speed vs Elite Sram NX eagle 12 speed and Comp has Shimano MT-200 Hydraulic Disc Brake vs SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brake.
    Would appreciate thoughts and feedback if the $500 extra is worth it.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Wow! Not a response, was hoping to hear some opinions.

Moderator Moderator
    You'd likely get flooded with responses if you posted in the brake and drivetrain forums. The SRAM/Shimano love/hate there is pretty thick.

I prefer the wheels you'd get on the Elite, as well as the 50 tooth NX cassette vs a 42. Having a 12 speed drivetrain would make life easier if you want to upgrade later, but also 12 speed parts will be slightly more expensive. Depends how much endless climbing you're planning on doing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Thank you Harryman for the input and suggestion?
    Is it against forum rules to post in another forum such as brake and drivetrain?

Moderator Moderator
    Not a problem posting in other forums as long as it's pertinent, so have at it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eturf View Post
    Hello Fezzari group,
    Been looking at getting new bike. Fezzari has got my interest. After much research and reading customer reviews, I have not found a bad review. I have not even came across an average review. Everything has been exceptional. With that being said,I have decieded on the Wasatch Peak. The difference is $500 dollars between the Comp and Elite. The primary difference is the drivetrain and brakes. Comp has Shiman Deore 10 speed vs Elite Sram NX eagle 12 speed and Comp has Shimano MT-200 Hydraulic Disc Brake vs SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brake.
    Would appreciate thoughts and feedback if the $500 extra is worth it.
    Thanks
    I would say it is worth it for sure. I bought the abajo peak and I went with that for the drivetrain and brakes. The nx has been great to me as well as the sram brakes. Very happy with this setup and to upgrade to those later would be more than 500.00