Question about seat tune angle of LSP- Mtbr.com
    dmo
    mtbr member

Question about seat tune angle of LSP

With alot of new bikes having seat tube angles of 77 or 78 is your weight shifted more forward. On a bike with a 75 degree seat tune angle I feel centered and pedal through rocks or even stay seated. With a 78 degree seat tube angle do you have to get up off the seat and shift your weight back more? Im just wondering if bikes like this require a big change in riding style. Am I going to go over the bars a few times before i get it figured out?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    With alot of new bikes having seat tube angles of 77 or 78 is your weight shifted more forward. On a bike with a 75 degree seat tune angle I feel centered and pedal through rocks or even stay seated. With a 78 degree seat tube angle do you have to get up off the seat and shift your weight back more? Im just wondering if bikes like this require a big change in riding style. Am I going to go over the bars a few times before i get it figured out?

I have thought about the LSP but I don't think a small frames with 165 would work. If you are taller than it may.

I ride 165mm cranks so too steep STA doesn't work because I can't get in the right pedal position on flat or moderately sloped climbs. I ride east coast single track which is rocky and rooty. In my opinion, these steep STA can be overboard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    I ride 165mm cranks so too steep STA doesn't work because I can't get in the right pedal position on flat or moderately sloped climbs. I ride east coast single track which is rocky and rooty. In my opinion, these steep STA can be overboard.

Thats what i was wondering. I ride in the east coast too. Still i see good number of ripmos, offerings etc

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thats what i was wondering. I ride in the east coast too. Still i see good number of ripmos, offerings etc

Didn't you have a Mayhem? I do too. I can't see more steep than that would work in a small frame.... At least for me. I have a SB100 too. I found myself moving the seat to the rear on the Spot.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Didn't you have a Mayhem? I do too. I can't see more steep than that would work in a small frame.... At least for me. I have a SB100 too. I found myself moving the seat to the rear on the Spot.

Still have the mayem. Im looking for something with 150-160mm travel for more challenging trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Still have the mayem. Im looking for something with 150-160mm travel for more challenging trails

I will likely demo a Ripmo at Dirtfest in West Virginia

mtbr member
    My body doesn't like steep STAs. I have put 1" setback droppers on my last two bikes which is something like riding a bike 2 deg slacker. That works a lot better for me, but if STAs keep getting steeper even that won't work for me.

You'll just have to try a steeper STA bike and see how it works for you. Some people love them and some people don't.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com