Lead Times, is Ferrazi accurate on its estimates- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

Lead Times, is Ferrazi accurate on its estimates

I ordered a Cascade Peak on the 9/2. Placed the order for a 2020 and when they called back told I was getting a 2021 and what was different. Chose the silver, because of the lead time for anything else was almost into next year or next year. I was told 3 - 5 weeks for it to be shipped. So hopefully I hear it's on its way soon. I was looking to order an Abojo but lead time pushed me to go for a Cascade.

How are others' orders going? are they later than expected, sooner or on time?

mtbr member
    I waited the 8-10 weeks for my Abajo. The wait times they list are pretty well spot on.

mtbr member
    When I ordered my La Sal Peak late winter a year and a half ago, I got it lighting fast. 2-3 weeks maybe, quicker than what the website was saying. I told them I'd buy it if they could get it to me before a spring break Moab trip - they came through.
    When I ordered my wife's Delano, I swore the website said 6 weeks (but I could have been mistaken), shortly thereafter, per conversations with Fezzari, it was 6-8 weeks. The Delano is on the truck for delivery today, 8 weeks to the day. Not bad in the age of corona virus and supply chain headaches. From reading other posts, it sounds like lead times from other manufacturers is approaching eternity. N+1 saves the day. I had originally ordered this Delano in the Coral color, but that put the lead time out to December, so went with the blue. No complaints.

I've got the feeling that these guys are getting absolutely slammed. They sure sound half frazzled.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Fezzari is probably getting a lot of orders just because they post the wait times. Knowing its 14-16 weeks is still better than somewhere between "We don't know and infinity".
    -Flat Bars, Flat Pedals, Flat Saddle, and frequently Flat Tires.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Good to hear that they seem to be keeping to their schedule.

I decided a Fezzari, because it looks like i could get something in a reasonable time. I think i got lucky that it was only 3-5 weeks (a few days after I ordered the site said 8-10). I completely understand the lead times, when most of the components are coming from Asia. I am an engineer and work with manufacturing from around the world, so I see it first hand.

I also went with Fezzari based on reviews and with talking with them. I tried a few LBS and I was told nothing is available or you have to buy what they had coming is shortly w/ no option to try it or return it, and pay msrp. Or go for an $8k+ bike. Fezzari was the value leader, and the return policy is great if for some reason it just doesn't workout. Lifetime warranty on the frame is nice too. Oh and i'm 6'2", 280 lbs. So a good chance i am going to push something to the limit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I ordered a medium 2021 Cascade at the beginning of July and was originally told mid September. I called a few weeks ago and they said due to some delays it would be mid October. Just hoping the 'ol Schwinn Protocol holds it together until then

Moderator Moderator
    Mine arrived as scheduled in a few weeks, but this was a year before COVID. I think they do the best they can. I know a bike mechanic who says the entire supply chain for bike parts is FUBAR these days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Not exactly Fezzari related but my experience so far. I decided I wanted a bike back in May. Little did I know what was going on. I wanted a Kona hardtail. I went to my LBS on May 30 and told them I was interested in a Kona. They called me on June 4 about a Giant that came in, I passed. Haven't heard from them since.

I started looking at DTC brands, Fezzari and Commencal. For the models I was interested in delivery dates were about the same 12-16 weeks. I finally placed an order with Commencal on Aug 2 for a November delivery. I received an emailed receipt. It's been 8 weeks and I've got at least 5 to go. That's when the bike should be delivered to their US showroom. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered so I'm not bothering them with emails and phone calls.

Everything else I'm looking for - pedals, helmet, etc. is out of stock on all the online retailers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I didn't expect a quicker than told turnaround either. Just going in what they told me when I ordered. I checked with Fezzari this past week since it was the beginning of the window they gave me. They said it would be built in the next two weeks and I that I'll be informed as the build and shipping progress. If there are no hickups and delivery isn't by pony express, I may have it in a couple of weeks.

LBS I checked with were either take what we have or wait till next year and that was mid summer. One was upfront and helpful in making recommendations even though they didn't have anything available but gave me the name of a couple of shops to ask at. Others were here's what's coming in, take it or leave it and didn't ask anything other than if I was looking for a road, mountain or cruiser. I can say I based on that experience, I know where I'll go for service.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Has anyone else received or been given an update on orders placed over the summer? I called for an update on my 2021 Cascade ordered in July and now they're saying they should have the frame end of October and I should have it end of November which is 8 weeks away. Just seems sort of strange because their site says if I ordered a Cascade today it should be delivered in 6-8 weeks. I understand supple chain issues etc, but just kind of disappointed that after already waiting 12 weeks it looks like I'm losing out on most of the fall season.

mtbr member
    FYI, A buddy ordered a Delano Peak Comp (with wheelset upgrade) on 7/28 and just got it 9/22.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I got a message that my bike has been made and on the way. Fedex is stating it going to be delivered today!

I ordered on 9/2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I also recieved a message last week saying my bike ordered 7/8 shipped and should be here this week. Guess the rep I talked to that told me nov/dec was looking at the wrong order or something.
    Still just keeping my fingers crossed because for some reason fedex is saying the package only weighs 20lbs. I imagine that's an error but part of me is hoping it's all in there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Mine says the same thing too, 20lbs. The carton and packing is probably almost 20 lbs. I'm guessing the bike is in the mid 30's

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    That's a little relieving yours says the same. I'm wondering if FedEx just puts that in as a default for a box that large.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I am going to guess someone meant to put in 20 Kg or fat fingered it and should have put in 50 lbs.

mtbr member
    Large volume shippers like Fezzari use average shipping weight. Meaning they pay a rate on their average weight and amount of packages shipped. So it could be simply that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I got my bike yesterday. Got it assembled and adjusted enough to use (not sure if the seat angle is way off for shipping, but can't imagine anyone riding it the way it came. Only rode it for minutes in the dark. Only challenge was getting the screw to start for the dropper remote mount. I am guessing it's going to take a while before I get it complete adjusted and comfortable.

Everything looks to have been assembled correctly and didn't see any scratches from shipping, but haven't gone over it that closely either.

Hopefully i'll get some time on it the next few day and get some miles on it this weekend.

I did not weight it, but it's lighter than I was expecting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill1974 View Post
    Only challenge was getting the screw to start for the dropper remote mount.
    X-fusion remote? I had a bear of a time too. I still can't figure out why it was so difficult to get the screw to start.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    X-fusion remote? I had a bear of a time too. I still can't figure out why it was so difficult to get the screw to start.
    Funny you guys mention that - that damn xfusion remote trigger was also my only finicky part of assembly. I think it's because it's designed to work down to really small diameter bars. The trick for me was holding everything in place on the bars, clamped with my fingers, before putting the screw in at all.

That being said, I also recieved my '21 Cascade yesterday. Only concern was the box arrived completely open and the box inside with the docs and smaller pieces was also open... not sure what that was all about... but everything was in the box and in good condition, even the pedals I ordered.

So far it's riding great, definently a completely different bike to get used to compared to my old bike.

Quick pic from my first (short) ride. I know not everyone is a fan of the silver, but I think it looks awesome
    Lead Times, is Ferrazi accurate on its estimates-img_20201006_210300_650.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Also for anyone wondering about weight, my bike weighed in at 33.4lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dd8h View Post
    Only concern was the box arrived completely open and the box inside with the docs and smaller pieces was also open... not sure what that was all about... but everything was in the box and in good condition, even the pedals I ordered.
    Same for the Delano. Box had been opened, taped back shut, and the accessory box was open with everything rattling around inside. I almost didn't accept the shipment, and put the FedEx guy on edge as I went over everything.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    Same for the Delano. Box had been opened, taped back shut, and the accessory box was open with everything rattling around inside. I almost didn't accept the shipment, and put the FedEx guy on edge as I went over everything.
    Mine wasn't even taped back closed. The guy delivering it was holding it sideways too so I'm honestly lucky it didnt fall out while he was carrying it. I was wondering if maybe it was searched for drugs or something but not sure if they're allowed to do that without probable cause.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Mine was opened and taped back closed too. I would guess the frames come in the box and the box is reused after is fully assembled. Other than that it looked fine.

Yeah the x-fusion remote, almost like you needed 3 hands to install it. why is it not installed from Fezzari? How much skinner bars are there? I was thinking I would like a thicker one. Maybe I have large hands. I was considering elongating the holes to make it a easier to get the screw started if I didn't it in the next attempt or two.

I got silver too, I like it. I think I would have liked the olive more, but not worth the wait.

I got an XL, weight is 33.5 lbs, that's using a bathroom scale so I would not call it scientific or accurate. I can drop 8 lbs if I stand on it just right.

So far I have only got a mile and half on it. But I think I different seat is the near future. I guess my ass is not as fat as I thought.

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    I ordered my Delano Peak on September 11th and was told 1st or 2nd week of December (12-13 weeks which is within the website estimate).

I was just told this has now slipped to early January which is roughly 16 weeks. Pretty disappointed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Hello all. I ordered a 2021 Cascade Peak (was originally going to go with the Abajo Peak) in Olive 09/15....was told 8-10 weeks....like most of you are or were, the wait time, even though it is what it is, seems like forever. Cant. Fricking. Wait.