La Sal Dropper Post- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2019

La Sal Dropper Post

Anyone having issues with their dropper post popping back up when you didn't push the lever? Mine pops up frequently enough when i dismount the bike and wondering what the hell!?!?! I have the stock x-fusion post

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I haven't had any issues, I am running a factory transfer post though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using tiny.cc/Mtbr_android_app

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Sounds like there may not be enough slack in the cable. If you adjusted the post up but didn't feed any extra cable in, it could just be slightly pulling on the actuator on the bottom of the post. May even just need to adjust the cable tension at the lever.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 05stroker View Post
    Sounds like there may not be enough slack in the cable. If you adjusted the post up but didn't feed any extra cable in, it could just be slightly pulling on the actuator on the bottom of the post. May even just need to adjust the cable tension at the lever.

i actually went the other way. From the factory i felt the low on the post was still too high for me to ride off the back end so i lowered the whole post down so that the low was where i wanted it...should i have adjusted the cable?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycurl View Post
    i actually went the other way. From the factory i felt the low on the post was still too high for me to ride off the back end so i lowered the whole post down so that the low was where i wanted it...should i have adjusted the cable?
    Was this happening before you adjusted the seat?

If not, that may have been what started it. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of that post. It's possible that the mechanism is contacting something in the frame after being inserted father. The cable housing may just need to be pulled out a little further up by the neck since the seat post was inserted further. Check at the remote too and see if there is any free play in the cable. It's possible that there's too much tension on the cable slightly engaging the lever on the post.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 05stroker View Post
    Was this happening before you adjusted the seat?

If not, that may have been what started it. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of that post. It's possible that the mechanism is contacting something in the frame after being inserted father. The cable housing may just need to be pulled out a little further up by the neck since the seat post was inserted further. Check at the remote too and see if there is any free play in the cable. It's possible that there's too much tension on the cable slightly engaging the lever on the post.

it was doing it but less frequently. I'll check the cable at the remote. Thank you.