I'm Short - Question about La Sal Peak Standover Height- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

I'm Short - Question about La Sal Peak Standover Height

I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam and Fezzari set me up with a medium frame for the La Sal Peak. I just got the bike and took it out this morning and it feels great, but I don't have any standover clearance and I feel like there is an inevitable ball buster in my future. Apart from that the sizing feels awesome and the bike rides amazingly well.

Is there anyone else that has had similar concerns? Really I'm just interested in what you all have to say--any tips?

just a man
    I ride a XL and it certainly has a lot less standover than my SB100 and previous bikes. I had a bad “riding The balls” moment recently. Fortunately I’m done having kids.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I was concerned about this too - 5'6" and shrinking due to aging body and bad posture, on a medium frame. Had to get the 125mm dropper as the 150mm would put the saddle too high. Have been on the bike for a week now. The top tube is definitely higher than I'm used to, but riding wise it's giving me zero issues. Not quite as easy to mount and dismount from a standstill. But in and out of the saddle, ascending and descending, I don't notice it at all. The reality is that if I'm falling forward into my top tube, for one I'm doing it wrong, and also I'm going to get nutted no matter the standover height, as no matter the height at the lowest point, I'd be falling forward into where the top tube rises to meet the stem.
    On another note, I had started to get concerned about the steep seat tube angle, but it's been a complete non issue. Maybe since I'm on the short side for a medium I have more room for the relatively short reach, but yeah it hasn't been an issue at all. Loving this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm Short - Question about La Sal Peak Standover Height-img_4714.jpg