Fezzari La Sal Peak size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Fezzari La Sal Peak size

Hello, everyone!

I知 here to get some feedback on the La Sal Peak sizing. I知 curious as to what size everyone is riding, and hopefully a few will reply who has my same body build. I知 59.75 with a 32 inch inseam. Essentially I知 right between a medium frame and a large. Is there anyone else in the same situation? And did you go with a medium or large?

mtbr member
    I just received my La Sal Peak yesterday, size Large in 27.5+. I'm 5'10' when not slouching, and if I measure aggressively, have a 32 in inseam, probably shorter. I only got about a mile or so in tooling around town working on fit, etc. but there ain't no way I'd want a medium. Its definitely going to take some getting used to, but the cockpit feels short, as a function of the steep seat tube angle. I'd be claustrophobic on a medium. I won't be able to get a real ride on dirt until heading to Moab in 2 weeks, so that's the best feedback I can give.
    Last edited by watermonkey; 03-12-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

Moderator Moderator
    6', 34" inseam. The large definitely doesn't feel too big for me, or big even. As was mentioned, the reach is shorter than you're likely used to on a "Large". It fits just right for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Thanks! That actually helps a lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 5'10", 32" pant inseam. I'd ride a large LSP. The effective toptube of a large LSP is very short! Everyone seems to be hung up on reach, but that's only applicable when out of saddle. Seated climbing, due to the steep seat angle, that 593mm toptube may seem ridiculously short. I demo'd a Ripmo, large frame, and everything but the seated measured toptube was good. Bike felt like the bars were under my knees.

That is why a demo is so important. Thankfully Fezzari has the 30 day return policy.

mtbr member
    This small cockpit talk is getting me nervous . Im 6' and I think I should go XL. What say you Fezzari?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CHROMAG19 View Post
    This small cockpit talk is getting me nervous . Im 6' and I think I should go XL. What say you Fezzari?
    Once you give them all of your measurements, you'll talk to a real human who rides mtbs to figure out the proper size. You can discuss all of your personal preferences as well, riding style, terrain, whatever you want and customize the bike/cockpit how you'd like it. I called because I wanted to swap out some parts, and it wasn't clear on the website how to do that, and ended up talking to Chris the owner, who took my order.

I'm 6' and ride a large, the reach feels perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    Once you give them all of your measurements, you'll talk to a real human who rides mtbs to figure out the proper size. You can discuss all of your personal preferences as well, riding style, terrain, whatever you want and customize the bike/cockpit how you'd like it. I called because I wanted to swap out some parts, and it wasn't clear on the website how to do that, and ended up talking to Chris the owner, who took my order.

I'm 6' and ride a large, the reach feels perfect for me.
    Im hearing that the bike feels high in the saddle and even when the saddle is slammed all the way down you still get hung up on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Im hearing that the bike feels high in the saddle and even when the saddle is slammed all the way down you still get hung up on it.

I didn't have that experience at all. I've been shopping for this bike and took a trip down to Sedona to try it out. I'm 6' with approx 32" inseam and I didn't like the large when decending. I didn't have any problem getting the saddle out of the way but I couldn't seem to move myself far enough back to make the decents comfortable.

On a whim I took their XL out for a ride on the last day and it made all the difference for me. It kept the climbing position forward that I liked in the large and now it felt great when decending.

I think at the end of the day it's going to be different for everyone based on body proportions. I think I could have made a Large work with a longer stem but ultimately the XL felt perfect for me.

For what it's worth I had a buddy who had a nearly identical experience to mine. He's 5'11" and thinks he may put a slightly shorter stem on, but by far prefered the XL size.

Moderator Moderator
    I haven't experienced that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I'm 6'1" with a 35" inseam. Im not sure if I should get an L or an XL.

The seat tube on the XL is pretty long at 495, not sure I could fit a 150 dropper.

Anybody here with an XL and similar height??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    FWIW I'm shorter 5'7" 30 inch inseam. After doing some math and realizing I could put a 150mm dropper slammed on a large I went for that.

I'm coming from a bike with 430mm reach and a 60mm stem and it feels about right, I think with the seat tube angle and a shorter stem I'll put on the new bike will feel similar. (I ordered a frameset)

This is definitely the edge of size I can fit on, but I prefer being on a bike that feels large than feels small. Also just really excited about putting two bottles in the triangle, I do not like backpacks haha.

Moderator Moderator
    I can just squeeze 2 small bottles in the frame, I stick a small storage can in the third on the downtube. I haven't checked if you fit a large there, probably. I love having those options

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    When Fezzari called to confirm order they managed to talk me out of my plans for a large. Cool to have a company full of people that ride bikes, and also helped that they had mediums in stock, haha.

Basically was told I can make a large work for sure, and if I just want to rally downhill that would work well be great, but they said medium would likely be a lot more playful and fun for me at my size. Makes sense, will probably much easier to pop wheels up for someone my size with the shorter reach.

I'll have to play around with bottles. Worst case, I do 1 bottle in frame, gear in frame, fidlock bottle on the bottom. Clean look when I only need one bottle (many if not most rides), and there and pretty secure when I want two.

The good news for anyone on here trying to decide on size: fill out your measurements and they call you and people who ride mountain talk to you and finalize your order. If you aren't ready to order just call them and talk to them about it, when you are calling them is a great option too, as I understand you can get more customization that way. I ultimately just got a frameset, but called before deciding to go that way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I'm 5'9" with 31.5" inseam. I got fitted with a medium, which is the bike size i have now. i am curious to see how it will feel/ride compared with a Large frame even after talking with the folks on the phone. Anyone in NorCal with a large frame willing to let me do loops in a parking lot :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    6', 34" inseam. The large definitely doesn't feel too big for me, or big even. As was mentioned, the reach is shorter than you're likely used to on a "Large". It fits just right for me.
    It has been a few months, do you still feel the same about the large? I ask because I am 6ft with about a 34 inseam maybe a little less.

Rocks belong
    I'm 5'10", but no legs and all torso/arms. The 595mm/23.3" ETT on the size Large La Sal Peak would have my lower back screaming on lower climbs.

I've found I'm most comfortable with a ~25" ETT (630-640mm) with a 40-50mm stem.

Kinda reminds me of the Canfield Riot geo. Super steep STA, but man is that cockpit short. The Canfield Toir/Riot always felt cramped during seated climbs.

Bummer, really - as the La Sal Peak looks like a killer bike
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    It has been a few months, do you still feel the same about the large? I ask because I am 6ft with about a 34 inseam maybe a little less.
    I love the bike overall, and wouldn't change from a large. It's a hoot

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Same boat, but in between small and medium. I'm 5'5.5", 29.5" inseam. Just starting to email with Fezzari about build options and sizing. I'm guessing they'll recommend the small, but reading this thread and others am joining in being concerned about being cramped. I do value maneuverability and playfulness at least on par with stability, and have enjoyed my small framed Intense ACV that I'm on now for that reason, but also have been experiencing hand and back pain, which I am starting to understand may be connected to being on a small frame. Perspectives appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I ordered the 2020 Fezzari Abajo peak Size Large and the cockpit on this immediately felt small. I'm 5'11" and almost always ride a size large on other bikes. The tight feeling in the cockpit gave me lower back pain on all long rides. I added a longer stem, with the help of Fezzari technical staff, which partially corrected the problem but made me feel way out front on descents instead of having my weight back on the downhill and ultimately the frame still felt small. The stem extension didn't do it for me so I just returned the bike as I was still within the love it or return it phase of the purchase.
    For someone of my similar size I would recommend sizing up. I wanted to go to an extra large but Fezzari was 12 weeks out on this frame so I just returned the bike and upgraded to a large Salsa Horthief which fits perfectly.
    To me the size problem felt like it was something to do with the seat tube angle and the position of the crank. I felt like my knees were nearly touching the handle bars when climbing. I'm hoping at some point to demo an XL fezzari to see if this would have solved the issue for me. Ultimately the bike bombed and I loved the spec on this thing but the large just felt too small. I think an XL likely would have done it.