Fezzari La Sal Peak- Pictures and Discussions - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    So I just order my LSP yesterday. I've read in this thread that the seat post clamp is no bueno. What size clamp do I need? I've tried searching through this thread, but it's a lot to read through on mobile.

Also, I asked Fezzari about a first responder discount. They didn't necessarily have one, but they did give me a 50$ credit towards accessories. So I though that was cool of them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Fezzari La Sal Peak- Pictures and Discussions-20190903_121141.jpg

Here is the new Turquoise colour. I like it but I think seafoam or mint describes it better. So far I have enjoyed the ride. It can climb technical sections better then my Banshee rune but it feels slower to get going. I rode a section today that I've ridden probably 30 times. I was pushing myself harder then normal and I did beat a few of my times on Strava but only by 5-10 seconds. It just feels really slow to get moving. I'm not sure if maybe it's the rear tire 2.4 DHR 2 or if I'm just expecting a much bigger change switching from a 26 inch bike to a 29er. My legs also might just not be used to the different riding position yet. I've noticed it seems to use my glutes more.

I'll post some more pictures later. The build is SRAM brakes and suspension with XT 1x12 drivetrain, Enve rims with I9 101 hubs and they threw in an Enve bar.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluble View Post
    So I just order my LSP yesterday. I've read in this thread that the seat post clamp is no bueno. What size clamp do I need? I've tried searching through this thread, but it's a lot to read through on mobile.

Also, I asked Fezzari about a first responder discount. They didn't necessarily have one, but they did give me a 50$ credit towards accessories. So I though that was cool of them.
    I picked up a 34.9 Wolftooth Components collar and it fits perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    FWIW I added a bit of assembly friction paste to the seat tube before riding it and haven't had any slippage. The lever isn't very blingy but seems to work fine so far and easily comes off the clamp if you don't need it. I generally try to use minimum tension on adjustable seat post clamps and using the paste is key to keeping them in place. YMMV.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190903_121141.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	536.0 KB 
ID:	1277241

Here is the new Turquoise colour. I like it but I think seafoam or mint describes it better. So far I have enjoyed the ride. It can climb technical sections better then my Banshee rune but it feels slower to get going. I rode a section today that I've ridden probably 30 times. I was pushing myself harder then normal and I did beat a few of my times on Strava but only by 5-10 seconds. It just feels really slow to get moving. I'm not sure if maybe it's the rear tire 2.4 DHR 2 or if I'm just expecting a much bigger change switching from a 26 inch bike to a 29er. My legs also might just not be used to the different riding position yet. I've noticed it seems to use my glutes more.

I'll post some more pictures later. The build is SRAM brakes and suspension with XT 1x12 drivetrain, Enve rims with I9 101 hubs and they threw in an Enve bar.
    For me it took a looong time to adapt to slinging 29" wheels up climbs and I'm still learning several years in. Slow cadence/steep climbing is a chore and spinning up for tech sections felt like jello for a couple years. 20+ years on 26" and there really was a learning curve and some reprogramming to feel like a strong climber again. Sweet bike!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    For me it took a looong time to adapt to slinging 29" wheels up climbs and I'm still learning several years in. Slow cadence/steep climbing is a chore and spinning up for tech sections felt like jello for a couple years. 20+ years on 26" and there really was a learning curve and some reprogramming to feel like a strong climber again. Sweet bike!
    The other thing I need to get used to is it is a little harder to get the front up when seated and due to that and me being used to my 26er accelerating faster I have ran into things 3 times that I normally do not and bagged myself on the stem...I might pick up one of those BMX stem guards until I adapt to the bike lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by llll Hate llll View Post
    I picked up a 34.9 Wolftooth Components collar and it fits perfect.
    I just got some cheap one on Amazon too. It was like a 3rd of the cost of the Wolftooth and does the exact same thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    I'm not sure. I have a request into RWC to see if they know what one fits, and also asked Fezzari to confirm what the size is. The thru pin for the lower shock mount measured 25.0 mm with my digital caliper. I only saw a 25.4 mm size kit listed on the RWC site. To confuse things more, there are bushing and thru pin kits out there (not from RWC) for Rockshox eyelets that are spec'd at 25.0 mm.

Installing a RWC kit on my other full suspension bike made a big difference - a ton of creaking was coming from this shock eyelet prior to installing the bearing kit.

Updates as I have them.
    Someone else has installed a Real World Cycling NBKRWC2540, 25.4 mm kit in their LSP, and RWC is relaying the info on that it fits. Parts ordered.
    New shock mount bolt and swing link on the way from Fezzari (warranty) to address play in the rear end. I'll update w/pics when all the parts are here.
    I had mad creaking coming from somewhere during pedaling, both standing and seated. I systematically worked my way from the saddle rail pockets to the bottom bracket, cleaning and greasing literally every single part, test riding, then moving onto the next locations (saddle, saddle clamps/bolts etc, dropper internals, seatpost clamp and hardware, all the suspension pivots and axles, from top to bottom, pedals and threads, bottom bracket, and finally chainring mount and mounting bolts). The creak was coming from the DUB bb. These have rather large plastic dust covers that double as bushings the cranks ride on - from somewhere in here, the creak was originating - greased with slick honey and a small, curved syringe tip the best I could. The bike is totally silent now, so much so, you can hear how terrible the chainline sounds on 12 speeds in the lowest gear.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

dmo
    mtbr member
    Im thinking of ordering the RWC kit too. I have it on other bikes and its great. No creaks on my la sal though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Has anyone here set up their bike with a frame mounted pack? One that would fit farthest forward on the frame, stopping right in front of the shock mount or so is what I am thinking.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YogurtProblems View Post
    Has anyone here set up their bike with a frame mounted pack? One that would fit farthest forward on the frame, stopping right in front of the shock mount or so is what I am thinking.
    I have an Blackburn outpost corner bag that fits pretty well in a large. It's not as big as you'd think, or I'd like, but it's handy to add a bit of storage. I only use it when I need it, it goes non and off in a snap.

Fezzari La Sal Peak- Pictures and Discussions-img_20190604_114127.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    I have an Blackburn outpost corner bag that fits pretty well in a large. It's not as big as you'd think, or I'd like, but it's handy to add a bit of storage. I only use it when I need it, it goes non and off in a snap.
    That's actually the exact bag I ended up looking at. Seems like it fits fairly well, and I'd rather put all the little tools and backup things in there than in my pack, since I take them every ride anyway.

Thanks for the info and picture!

Moderator Moderator
    I like to snug it up into the upper corner, but it tends to slide down a little like droopy socks after riding a while. Things like that trigger one of my very few ocd tendencies. I might add in a Voile strap or two which should solve the problem. It's a nicely made little bag.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Can you send a pic of where you greased the BB slash guard. Mine is creaking on the right and it feels like itís in the BB/crank arm for sure on the right. Also my rear shock linkage kept coming loose. I noticed it when walking my bike up a steep hill I could hear it rattling as it bounce with no weight on it. Then I could repeat the sound by unloading the weight of the bike of the shock and I could see play in the rear shock mount. I hope it hasnít messed up my linkage for riding on I for a few miles being so loose.

mtbr member
    Fezzari has provided a warranty replacement swing link and shock mount bolt. They are installed, and I am happy to say that wherever the play was coming from in the rear linkage is now gone. Side by side, the original and replacement swing links looks the same, installed the same, but there's obviously a difference in tolerances somewhere - Thank you Fezzari. The bike feels really solid now.

As far as the RWC needle bearing kit for the rear shock mount, it didn't fit for me, on either swing link. For reference, the shocks on the LSP's are the newer metric size, and the thru axle width, both front and rear shock mounts, are 25.0 mm. The really close size, 25.4 (1 inch) is the width of the older Standard sizing of shock axles. The 25.4mm wide RWC kit prevented the flip chips from seating solidly in the swing link pockets they're designed to nest into. Full torque was achieved on the shock mount bolt, but the chips were still floating. As such, that extra width, .4mm, resulted in play. While physically, yes you can install this, and due to minor variations in production of the links themselves, it may appear to fit, but my guess is that over time will loosen up and the flip chips will wear away at the link pockets they sit in. To that end, I spent time slowly narrowing the width of the 25.4 mm thru axle down to just under 25.0 mm (caliper readings said 24.95, 24.97, and 24.97 mm). Upon reinstalling, all play was gone and there's now really, really smooth rotation. The width of the rubber seals inboard of the anodized seal collars seem to be able to accommodate the .4mm width decrease without binding, but I've yet to get a full ride in. Updates as I have them.

mtbr member
    I've got 7 rides in now on the new setup. The real world cycling kit is working great with my mods. RWC is looking into the kit's fit on my "spare" parts. I'm loving this bike now. I just can't stay off it. It's getting real pretty out there.
    Fezzari La Sal Peak- Pictures and Discussions-img_20190926_111710123.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Anyone know of a rear mud guard that ffits the LSP?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    I've got 7 rides in now on the new setup. The real world cycling kit is working great with my mods. RWC is looking into the kit's fit on my "spare" parts. I'm loving this bike now. I just can't stay off it. It's getting real pretty out there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190926_111710123.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	1282335
    Glad you got the issues sorted. Chris at RWC is a great guy to work with, I'm looking forward to him figuring out what's going on, and then getting bearings myself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    What were you riding prior to the LSP? Did you buy the LSP to replace it or to add a bike to the quiver?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTurtle View Post
    What were you riding prior to the LSP? Did you buy the LSP to replace it or to add a bike to the quiver?
    I had 2 bikes, a Cannondale Scalpel which I was using as a trail bike and a Pivot Mach 6 which I would mostly use for shuttle/park rides. I got the LSP to be my all around trail bike and move the Scalpel over to XC duty. My initial impressions from riding the LSP on local trails in Vegas and my trip to Mammoth is it can do 90% of what the others can do, which leaves me wondering when I'm really going to pull them out of the garage.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    has anyone considered trying to long shock this bike? 210 x 60 maybe? seems like it could be a candidate for it considering the reports that it pedals so well already.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

36t or 34t oval chainring?

Currently running a 34t chainring, but I would like to try a 34t oval ring. Anybody know if a 34 oval or 36 round (should be about the same as far as clearance) fits?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12