Fezzari La Sal Peak- Pictures and Discussions - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolonios View Post
    Looks good, are you planning on using frame protection??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I dont know. Maybe just on the rear triangle. Other than the obvious, are there places that the paint take a beating from small rocks etc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Definitely anywhere cables are close to the frame especially near areas where the cable moves in relationship to the frame. I currently have an aluminum bike where the shift cables actually dug a wedge on the frame that has to be 3mm deep.

Other places might be

Anywhere where your thighs or heels are likely to rub against the frame.

You could also try leaning the bike on the floor and see which parts of the frame are likely to contact the floor 1st.

If you have a tailgate pad, where the pad meets the frame.

Look at your previous bike and see where its all scuffed for ideas

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    Almost done. Still need to bleed rear brake and run dropper cable. Riding in my driveway feels pretty good. I havent messed with the suspension yet at all though. I feel really upright. Weird pedaling postion but i thinknill get used to it

I love the green frame and purple anno. That was risky, but looks sick!

I think youíll love the seat tube angle too. You got to think itís optimized for steep climbs, which is the worst part of riding imo. So a little weird in the flats is a worthy trade off for the steep ups!

Moderator Moderator
    It definitely feels weird with the first riding around the driveway test, that goes away once you actually get on the trail. After a ride or two, it feels completely normal. Everyone who tries mine on the trail is "Woah, this is different!" then 5 minutes later "But I like it!"

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    I love the green frame and purple anno. That was risky, but looks sick!

I think youíll love the seat tube angle too. You got to think itís optimized for steep climbs, which is the worst part of riding imo. So a little weird in the flats is a worthy trade off for the steep ups!
    Thanks. I was sure i woikd get grey until the last minute but took a chance with the matte green. Glad i did. Looks killer.

mtbr member
    Flat green looks sweet!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    Almost done. Still need to bleed rear brake and run dropper cable. Riding in my driveway feels pretty good. I havent messed with the suspension yet at all though. I feel really upright. Weird pedaling postion but i thinknill get used to it

Looking great! The purple looks surprising good with the green.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Installed a riser stem, that's also a little longer. Has made a really big difference in how the bike handles. Has taken care of the stack issues I felt I was having. The longer stem seemed a little too long at first, but I'm really enjoying the added room in the cockpit with the added benefit of having more weight on the front end when in a neutral attack position. Climbs a little better too, less floppyness of the front end in steeper stuff, and stays on line better, really noticeable in switchbacks.

Got a chance to ride in Durango early this week. While there, had DSD suspension install a Runt, and tune the damper on the Lyric RCT3 (comp build). Monday afternoon, I rode the 2 buttes trail which finishes with a super fun descent. Tuesday, post Runt install and DSD tune, rode it again. Holy bejeezus, what a huge difference. Love that fork now, and am really glad I didn't spring for a higher $$ build, given that RockShox redid their charger damper again. Buttery smooth now, excellent small bump compliance, great mid stroke support and great use of more travel without dive and bottoming out. The runt does what is says it does, and the new tune is plushy goodness. I'll add more detail in the suspension section on the Runt feedback post.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

Moderator Moderator
    A custom tune can completely transform a fork, that is the truth. I swear they ship forks with god awful tunes for the most part.

What's the length on the stem? I'm curious. Are you up much higher than your seat now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryman View Post
    What's the length on the stem? I'm curious. Are you up much higher than your seat now?
    I happened to have a 70mm +/- 6į for a 35 mm bar on another bike, so that's what I switched over to. It sounds long, and would be on other bikes, but this cockpit is so short, that it works. The front axle is still way out front. Multiple rides, and given that I am no longer thinking about fit, comfort, etc. probably means its what I needed. Bars are right about level with saddle at full extension now. I could probably just as easily do 60mm, but would need similar, if not more, rise (Still using the stock Fezzari 35mm low rise bars).

First crash yesterday, deflected the front tire off a stump I didn't see in leaves on the inside of a turn, on singletrack I've ridden a hundred times. I was pushing it, because this bike just likes to go, looking a turn ahead and before I knew what was going on, the bike kicked left and I went right, shoulder and face down on the trail, hard. Been a while. Not hurt, just sore. Sometimes people around here give me some guff for riding the singletrack descent with my elbow pads and chin bar on, but they saved me some flesh yesterday.

jusweb
    Mar 2012
    I know this bike will feel good climbing and great descending when standing and the seat post down. How does it feel and handle when you are on flat or slightly descending trails and you are seated and pedaling hard/hammering? This is where I'm worried about the compact cockpit from the steep seat tube angle. Thanks for any insight!

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusweb View Post
    I know this bike will feel good climbing and great descending when standing and the seat post down. How does it feel and handle when you are on flat or slightly descending trails and you are seated and pedaling hard/hammering? This is where I'm worried about the compact cockpit from the steep seat tube angle. Thanks for any insight!
    I went on my first ride on my La Sal today and did exactly what you're drscribing. I had no problem whatsoever. Within the first 50 feet i was hammering and popping off of stuff, thinking this is the best bike ever. Only one ride and new bike excitement but i had your same concerns and was not disappointed.

Jim Dunks
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jusweb View Post

I have never noticed any issue with it at all. I have ridden it hard on some fast seated trails and it is just fun and fast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just ordered my LSP Elite with the fox upgrade a week ago, they quoted a lead time of 3-4 weeks, has anybody received their bike faster than the lead time they were quoted? (Iím sure hoping I do!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    Just ordered my LSP Elite with the fox upgrade a week ago, they quoted a lead time of 3-4 weeks, has anybody received their bike faster than the lead time they were quoted? (Iím sure hoping I do!)
    If it helps, I ordered mine back on Apr 22, and was quoted roughly 6 weeks, since they did not have frames in stock. I checked again this past Saturday, and they said it would still be another 2 weeks roughly, which is in line with what they said. I gather they are selling the bike in much higher quantities than expected.

Jim Dunks
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    I was quoted 6 weeks but received it in 4. However I was frame only so I think that helps speed things up a bit.

mtbr member
    I was quoted 3 weeks, got it in 11 days, but that was at the end of February, and it was still snowing. Petty much no-one was thinking about riding yet. I'm sure they're way busier now.

dmo
    mtbr member
    What have people done to make their suspension better on their La Sals? Ive got 2 rides in so far and have my RS super delux at about 35% sag and it feels pretty good. My Lyrik is at 29% sag with 3 clicks or slow speed compression and 2 clicks of high speed compression adjustment. Anyone try putting a MRP ramp control cartridge in. I havent changed the stock volume spacers yet. Im trying to get the fork to feel poppy but not dive through its travel. I have a Shockwiz that im using but honestly think the shockwiz makes stupid suggestions like keep lowering air until your at 40% sag. Anyway, what have people done to their bike to make it better?

So far its the most fun bike ive ridden.

Moderator Moderator
    I ordered mine with a ribbon coil....

I'm neutral on the Superdeluxe, I figured I'd give it a whirl, it's ok. I wish I had ordered a topaz instead, but it'll be fine until I start itching for something else. Maybe a coil next time
    Last edited by Harryman; 1 Day Ago at 11:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I have the Lyrik and Super Delux on mine. The Lyrik came with two spaces in it and the SD came with no spacers. I'm 230 pounds and running 245 psi in the rear to get 30% sag and around 105 psi in the front. I don't remember the sag number on the front. Both lsc and hsc are at 0 clicks. Looking for a little more liveliness I added 2 spacers to the rear and 2 spacers to the fork. It makes the bike much more lively, but I definitely did not use near s much travel. I took one spacer out of each and just haven't had a chance to get out again. I'm hoping it will be the happy medium. Not that I'm unhappy with the bike at all though.

I've considered the MRP ramp control and talked to a couple people about them. I think the biggest benefit is that you can adjust the volume reduction on the trail without opening it up. I've heard it does feel a little more supple in slower speed stuff though than a stack of spacers.

Check out the DSD Runt. It's a cartridge like the MRP but you fill it with air. It essentially gives you two separate air chambers. The smaller chamber will be set at a higher pressure. Once the shock compresses enough and the large chamber and small changed equalize the small chamber piston will start to move. They say it gives better midstroke support and a more linear feel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05stroker View Post
    Check out the DSD Runt. They say it gives better midstroke support and a more linear feel.
    It does.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Havenít got my bike yet, but I want to order a seatpost clamp so I can swap out the quick release when it gets here; anybody happen to know the correct size for the clamp? Iím looking at getting the Deity one and they make them in 29.8, 31.8, 34.9, and 36.4mm sizes.

dmo
    mtbr member
    So I was going over my La Sal after my 3rd ride and noticed this at drive side chainstay pivot. I scratched the area a bit and the paint kinda flaked off. I havent crashed and have never tightened the pivot bolt. I emailed Fezarri and their engineering people are going to look into it.

Does this look normal? Im loving how the bike rides so far. If its just cosmetic i will live with it. I could send it back but i would have to take all the parts off as I built it myself. Pain in the butt to have to that and then rebuild a new frame when it could happen again i guess.

mtbr member
    Looks like a superficial paint chip flaking off the epoxy substrate. If so thatís common for carbon bikes. Super annoying tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12