Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike

I've been riding it and it's kinda cool.

https://reviews.mtbr.com/fezzari-delano-peak-review

I often feel that this is the 'just right', 'goldilocks' bike for most areas. You?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-7-img_2695.jpg  

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-9-screen-shot-2020-07-20-5.01.50-pm.jpg  

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-4-dsc07148.jpg  

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Just read the review. Nice work fc. I wondered when they'd fill the gap between the Signal and LaSal..... or does this replace the Abajo Peak?
    I've been really impressed with Fezzari. The La Sal I test rode was very good and at a great price point.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Very nice review. $3500 for a entry level carbon bike and well spec'd is amazing.

rj2
    mtbr member
    The bike I want vs the bike I probably need
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    read that you rode the medium.. how's the fit. how tall are you / what is your inseam, etc..

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I'm definitely getting this bike! I have a Signal and La Sal. While they're both exceptional, I sometimes feel under-biked on the Signal, but over-biked on the La Sal. This seems like the perfect daily driver and I can make my others more race-oriented.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I'm definitely getting this bike! I have a Signal and La Sal. While they're both exceptional, I sometimes feel under-biked on the Signal, but over-biked on the La Sal. This seems like the perfect daily driver and I can make my others more race-oriented.
    interested in your feedback for sizing. i'm 5'6.. and a half with 29.5 inch inseam. what's your size and recommendation coming from two other modern fezzari's

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by chowfon View Post
    interested in your feedback for sizing. i'm 5'6.. and a half with 29.5 inch inseam. what's your size and recommendation coming from two other modern fezzari's
    I'm 6'1" and riding XLs. Looking at the geo, with the low standover than short seatubes, I'm guessing you'd be best off on a medium. But, check with Fezzari on that, they're more than happy to assist!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

mtbr member
    Oh man, I've been looking at mid-travel 29ers and the value proposition on the Comp is just amazing.

I have to be very careful not to make an impulse buy on this....

I have the DVO Diamond on my current bike, and it's been great. That said, it's pretty heavy.... right? I'm having trouble finding out of the Fox 36 on the next level up is any lighter (brief look suggested maybe just 5 oz lighter...).

And on that note, have they published the frame weight on these? Can't find it on their website.

mtbr member
    Looks near perfect on geo. The value on the $3499 build is incredible. This bike should make a lot of people happy. My buddy recently got a LaSal and the customer service with Fezzari...also incredible.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    This will be on my sort list for my next bike. I've been watching bike drops over the summer and this is the first one to make the list.

I'd be looking at the Elite build myself.

I wonder what the coral paint looks like in person.

But I'm only on my second summer of my 2019 YT Jeffsy. If it carries over to a third summer, that's fine too. I love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I doubt it will replace the abajo peak. It compliments it. They canít keep the bikes in stock. The abandoned is one of the best values in a trail bike anywhere. Thatís why I bought mine. The Delano is a nicer, lighter abajo!

mtbr member
    Well the enthusiasm seemed to die off quickly here ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Fezzari lacks the brand recognition I would say. I loved what they did with this bike. I was thinking of the low-end build of Yeti SB130, but then instead ordered the Delano Peak. Cant wait for my new ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Maybe lots of folks are just evaluating the specs quietly, in their own corners (like me).

I haven't followed lots of bike drops, so this is probably the norm, but on day one (yesterday) there are suddenly lots of reviews published from the bike rags that got to ride it a few weeks early. Mostly very glowing reviews... again, maybe that's the norm.

I've read them all, and I'm trying to read between the lines.

MTB YumYum seemed to have mixed feelings in his review. He used the word "wallow" at one point. And the comment section of his review definitely shows some mixed feelings. He's hosting a live discussion Sunday night, I might try to log on for that.

There's also a local to me reviewer (Rich Drew) who says he'll drop a review tomorrow. I'll watch for that too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    I love the geo, and of course the value is incredible. Curious to see if a redesigned La Sal drops at some point in the next 6 months. Geo is almost identical between the La Sal and Delano.

mtbr member
    My wife is out on the trails on my La Sal Peak right now. She's in the market for a new bike. If she likes today's ride, there's a damn good chance a Delano will be in the shopping cart this afternoon. I rarely, if ever, feel overbiked on the LSP, but I bet I'd have more fun, almost all of the time, on the Delano, for the trails we ride most. That extra 5mm of bb height is appealing. Then, I could ride the coral colored Delano, and even though its a pink bike, I could always say its my wife's and I'm just trying it out.

Edit: Test ride was an expensive one. Delano, Size L, Coral ordered. I'm really looking forward to see/riding this bike. I'm also really interested in the DVO suspension. The SLX 1x12 setup on her fatbike is awesome. Happy wife.....
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I tend to agree that it won't replace the Abajo or Cascade Peak. I have the cascade and you need to spent around $4,500 to get the Delano in similar spec. The carbon and geo updates don't seem worth it to me as an east coast rider, but of course I'm going to ride it when I'm in Utah again and take one home with me ;-)

The DVO option sounds awesome. Not a lot of bike makers use their stuff and it's well regarded and easy to service. I love the Fox suspension on the Cascade but I really don't like how everything that says Fox on it costs twice as much as RockShox to service. Even the dust seals, which are most likely made by the same place as RockShox (SKF), cost 3x as much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S​​usspect View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Maybe lots of folks are just evaluating the specs quietly, in their own corners (like me).

I haven't followed lots of bike drops, so this is probably the norm, but on day one (yesterday) there are suddenly lots of reviews published from the bike rags that got to ride it a few weeks early. Mostly very glowing reviews... again, maybe that's the norm.

I've read them all, and I'm trying to read between the lines.

MTB YumYum seemed to have mixed feelings in his review. He used the word "wallow" at one point. And the comment section of his review definitely shows some mixed feelings. He's hosting a live discussion Sunday night, I might try to log on for that.

There's also a local to me reviewer (Rich Drew) who says he'll drop a review tomorrow. I'll watch for that too.
    fwiw, the fact that MTB YumYum mentions it in the same breathe as Yeti, Pivot, etc is notable, even aside from being $1k+ cheaper.

I don't have a Fezzari, but would love to see more Fezzari's on the trails around me here in NorCal.

mtbr member
    Looking closely at the spec of the $3500 Comp build, I noticed they use a non-series crankset... from what I can tell the chainring is stuck to the spider on these so you wouldn't be able to change up the ring. Plus it's heavy... not hollowtech. Too bad.

As someone else noted, the brakes aren't SLX either... I think they're Deore. Probably decent though.

I've been looking around and saw Jenson has a Ripmo AF SLX build that's $500 more but has a Bikeyoke dropper, full SLX, and Ibis Wheels. But yeah, it's aluminum.

Anyway if I get the Fezzari I'd probably try to swap in some of my XO1 stuff from my current bike (crankset, chain and cassette) which then of course means I need to keep my old wheels. Hmm....

mtbr member
    Not sure if youíve bought from Fezzari in the past...but if thereís something you donít like on a spec, they will give you a deal on a upgrading that part. On my Abajo I swapped the brakes for less than retail. If you really want that bike, call Fezzari and talk to them. They answer the phone and are happy to talk to you.

Also Vital MTBís review said the $300 upgrade on wheels from the base model was very worth considering.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've been looking around and saw Jenson has a Ripmo AF SLX build that's $500 more but has a Bikeyoke dropper, full SLX, and Ibis Wheels. But yeah, it's aluminum.
    Looking forward to reviews. I have the Ripmo AF, its 34.5 lbs in XL and love it. But I also love tracking my climbs (top 5%) and wouldn't mind something a touch more spritley, without much downhill compromise. I guess thats what we all want! Still considering a Delano though...just wish it were a little longer and taller for us tall guys (6'4"+).

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    You will see my Delano on the local NorCal trails (Quicksilver, Los Gatos & Demo Forest) in a few weeks. Its on order with a 6 week lead time. :-) Cant wait....

mtbr member
    Update: If you want the Delano Peak in the coral color, you'd better be prepared to wait until December - from the horses mouth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    Update: If you want the Delano Peak in the coral color, you'd better be prepared to wait until December - from the horses mouth.
    What happened...did you get the last one "for your wife"? Or did you have to get her the blue one?

mtbr member
    I apparently didn't even get a coral one to begin with. Ordered online, of course, and received an order # and confirmation. Website was posting 6 weeks out, and a local guy also bought one - he told me they were projecting 6 weeks as well (don't know what color he ordered). It wasn't until today when I received a call from Fezzari to go over the order, that he told me the coral was super popular, sold out, and was out of stock until December. I totally figured a barbi pink bike wouldn't be that popular, but that was apparently way off. So blue it is.

More tangential info. I've beat the piss out the bear pawl hubs (come stock on the Comp builds). Freehub bodies are made out of butter and crater (for me) in short mileage. Currently running a steel, massive e-bike freehub from bear pawls and it seems to be holding up. As such, I asked if there was a comparable freehub body in microspline to upgrade the bear pawl...there isn't. So......even though I'm not a huge fan of Stan's stuff, upgraded the wheelset.

The stock shimano crank on the Comp model can take a 30 tooth ring. They're not fixed on there, 32 tooth comes stock, but Fezzari can't make the change without significant delay, not an option. I don't know if an oval 30t is currently available or an option - but I want one for "our" trails.

Quotes for fun, I really do have a wife, and this bike really is for her.

I drilled down a little deeper on the differences in geometries between the LSP and Delano. I was under the impression that these two were virtual copies of each other, with different travel. Reach and stack differences are more than subtle. This is going to be interesting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telejefe View Post
    Looking forward to reviews. I have the Ripmo AF, its 34.5 lbs in XL and love it. But I also love tracking my climbs (top 5%) and wouldn't mind something a touch more spritley, without much downhill compromise. I guess thats what we all want! Still considering a Delano though...just wish it were a little longer and taller for us tall guys (6'4"+).
    I hear ya. I'm also on an aluminum frame (Banshee Phantom) for the last two years. Size M, weighs 32.8 lbs. Bike just rips though. I usually don't feel like it's "heavy"... but would like a bit more travel, a bit less heft etc.

Has anyone seen published weights on these builds?

I was also surprised the the "new" geo is not actually any longer ETT than my current bike. I guess that's what the steep STA does... longer reach, same ETT.

mtbr member
    I apparently didn't even get a coral one to begin with. Ordered online, of course, and received an order # and confirmation. Website was posting 6 weeks out, and a local guy also bought one - he told me they were projecting 6 weeks as well (don't know what color he ordered). It wasn't until today when I received a call from Fezzari to go over the order, that he told me the coral was super popular, sold out, and was out of stock until December. I totally figured a barbi pink bike wouldn't be that popular, but that was apparently way off. So blue it is.

More tangential info. I've beat the piss out the bear pawl hubs (come stock on the Comp builds). Freehub bodies are made out of butter and crater (for me) in short mileage. Currently running a steel, massive e-bike freehub from bear pawls and it seems to be holding up. As such, I asked if there was a comparable freehub body in microspline to upgrade the bear pawl...there isn't. So......even though I'm not a huge fan of Stan's stuff, upgraded the wheelset.

The stock shimano crank on the Comp model can take a 30 tooth ring. They're not fixed on there, 32 tooth comes stock, but Fezzari can't make the change without significant delay, not an option. I don't know if an oval 30t is currently available or an option - but I want one for "our" trails.

Quotes for fun, I really do have a wife, and this bike really is for her.

I drilled down a little deeper on the differences in geometries between the LSP and Delano. I was under the impression that these two were virtual copies of each other, with different travel. Reach and stack differences are more than subtle. This is going to be interesting.
    This is good info, thanks for sharing. I'm also surprised pink sold out first (salmon) but if I get one I'd want a blue anyway. I wonder if they'll run out of those too?

I'm dragging my feet, can't really decide what to do... if my wife was a mountain biker, this'd be an easier decision haha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I hear ya. I'm also on an aluminum frame (Banshee Phantom) for the last two years. Size M, weighs 32.8 lbs. Bike just rips though. I usually don't feel like it's "heavy"... but would like a bit more travel, a bit less heft etc.

Has anyone seen published weights on these builds?

I was also surprised the the "new" geo is not actually any longer ETT than my current bike. I guess that's what the steep STA does... longer reach, same ETT.
    Vital MTB says 31 lbs, 5 oz for the large sans pedals. Seems like one of the better reviews I've read, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Watermonkey, I'm the guy local to you that ordered a blue size L delano comp. Thanks again for letting me check out your la sal. I upgraded to the stans wheelset and pnw dropper but am considering getting the base wtb wheels and buying a wheelset with more durable hubs elsewhere. I want a 28t front ring (perhaps oval?) so am investigating getting a separate crankset too (then I can switch to 175mm as it comes with 170 cranks). I ordered on the phone and was told 6-8 weeks (mid to late sept). They're too slammed and have too many supply issues to change anything for you like they normally would (not even chainring size). Damn, one of the reasons I got interested in fezzari in the first place was the customization. Though I did find out that the 30 day love it or return it policy doesn't work if you customize outside the standard build options.

As for weights, every time I've called and talked to a different person, I've gotten a different answer. I've been told the elite build is anywhere from 29 lbs to 31.5 lbs and that the comp is anywhere from .5 to 1.5 lbs heavier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Anybody get info on the frame only weight? Also appears frame only may be available now?

mtbr member

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike

Quote Originally Posted by BujiBiker View Post
    I doubt it will replace the abajo peak. It compliments it. They canít keep the bikes in stock. The abandoned is one of the best values in a trail bike anywhere. Thatís why I bought mine. The Delano is a nicer, lighter abajo!
    I didnít compare them side by side, but I suspect the Delano has updated, more progressive geo too.

Edit: yes longer reach, longer WB, slacker HTA, steeper STA.

And carbon compared to just alloy for the Abajo Peak, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 07:28 PM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

Correct.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NTsnow View Post
    (A) it comes with 170 cranks....
    (B) Though I did find out that the 30 day love it or return it policy doesn't work if you customize outside the standard build options.
    (A) I checked with Fezzari to verify this, and across all sizes of the Delano, 170 mm cranks are standard. I find that to be a weird thing to change, especially across the entire size run. Maybe we'll like it once it's here, right now, I don't. I'm a princess and the pea kind of guy...if my seatpost has somehow dropped 5 mm, I know it, and am not happy about it. Decades of riding have 175 mm crank muscle memory embedded in my genetic code, this might be too weird to swallow. But, a full cm of pedal clearance over my LSP, and there's something to think about. Then again, I took to a super steep seat tube angle like a fly to shi.......

(B) This I disagree with, they shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    (A) I checked with Fezzari to verify this, and across all sizes of the Delano, 170 mm cranks are standard. I find that to be a weird thing to change, especially across the entire size run. Maybe we'll like it once it's here, right now, I don't. I'm a princess and the pea kind of guy...if my seatpost has somehow dropped 5 mm, I know it, and am not happy about it. Decades of riding have 175 mm crank muscle memory embedded in my genetic code, this might be too weird to swallow. But, a full cm of pedal clearance over my LSP, and there's something to think about. Then again, I took to a super steep seat tube angle like a fly to shi.......

(B) This I disagree with, they shouldn't be able to have it both ways.
    Bottom bracket drop doesnít change across sizes so why should crank arm length? Pedal strikes suck

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I just ordered one of these. I'd been hunting around for a new bike and this one just seemed to tick every box with the spec, value, modern geometry, positive reviews, etc. The aesthetics are even good. I'm really looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Bottom bracket drop doesnít change across sizes so why should crank arm length? Pedal strikes suck

Leg lengths of the riders probably change.