Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike

I've been riding it and it's kinda cool.

https://reviews.mtbr.com/fezzari-delano-peak-review

I often feel that this is the 'just right', 'goldilocks' bike for most areas. You?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-7-img_2695.jpg  

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-9-screen-shot-2020-07-20-5.01.50-pm.jpg  

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-4-dsc07148.jpg  

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Just read the review. Nice work fc. I wondered when they'd fill the gap between the Signal and LaSal..... or does this replace the Abajo Peak?
    I've been really impressed with Fezzari. The La Sal I test rode was very good and at a great price point.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Very nice review. $3500 for a entry level carbon bike and well spec'd is amazing.

rj2
    mtbr member
    The bike I want vs the bike I probably need
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    read that you rode the medium.. how's the fit. how tall are you / what is your inseam, etc..

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I'm definitely getting this bike! I have a Signal and La Sal. While they're both exceptional, I sometimes feel under-biked on the Signal, but over-biked on the La Sal. This seems like the perfect daily driver and I can make my others more race-oriented.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I'm definitely getting this bike! I have a Signal and La Sal. While they're both exceptional, I sometimes feel under-biked on the Signal, but over-biked on the La Sal. This seems like the perfect daily driver and I can make my others more race-oriented.
    interested in your feedback for sizing. i'm 5'6.. and a half with 29.5 inch inseam. what's your size and recommendation coming from two other modern fezzari's

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by chowfon View Post
    interested in your feedback for sizing. i'm 5'6.. and a half with 29.5 inch inseam. what's your size and recommendation coming from two other modern fezzari's
    I'm 6'1" and riding XLs. Looking at the geo, with the low standover than short seatubes, I'm guessing you'd be best off on a medium. But, check with Fezzari on that, they're more than happy to assist!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development

mtbr member
    Oh man, I've been looking at mid-travel 29ers and the value proposition on the Comp is just amazing.

I have to be very careful not to make an impulse buy on this....

I have the DVO Diamond on my current bike, and it's been great. That said, it's pretty heavy.... right? I'm having trouble finding out of the Fox 36 on the next level up is any lighter (brief look suggested maybe just 5 oz lighter...).

And on that note, have they published the frame weight on these? Can't find it on their website.

mtbr member
    Looks near perfect on geo. The value on the $3499 build is incredible. This bike should make a lot of people happy. My buddy recently got a LaSal and the customer service with Fezzari...also incredible.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    This will be on my sort list for my next bike. I've been watching bike drops over the summer and this is the first one to make the list.

I'd be looking at the Elite build myself.

I wonder what the coral paint looks like in person.

But I'm only on my second summer of my 2019 YT Jeffsy. If it carries over to a third summer, that's fine too. I love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I doubt it will replace the abajo peak. It compliments it. They canít keep the bikes in stock. The abandoned is one of the best values in a trail bike anywhere. Thatís why I bought mine. The Delano is a nicer, lighter abajo!

mtbr member
    Well the enthusiasm seemed to die off quickly here ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Fezzari lacks the brand recognition I would say. I loved what they did with this bike. I was thinking of the low-end build of Yeti SB130, but then instead ordered the Delano Peak. Cant wait for my new ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Maybe lots of folks are just evaluating the specs quietly, in their own corners (like me).

I haven't followed lots of bike drops, so this is probably the norm, but on day one (yesterday) there are suddenly lots of reviews published from the bike rags that got to ride it a few weeks early. Mostly very glowing reviews... again, maybe that's the norm.

I've read them all, and I'm trying to read between the lines.

MTB YumYum seemed to have mixed feelings in his review. He used the word "wallow" at one point. And the comment section of his review definitely shows some mixed feelings. He's hosting a live discussion Sunday night, I might try to log on for that.

There's also a local to me reviewer (Rich Drew) who says he'll drop a review tomorrow. I'll watch for that too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    I love the geo, and of course the value is incredible. Curious to see if a redesigned La Sal drops at some point in the next 6 months. Geo is almost identical between the La Sal and Delano.

mtbr member
    My wife is out on the trails on my La Sal Peak right now. She's in the market for a new bike. If she likes today's ride, there's a damn good chance a Delano will be in the shopping cart this afternoon. I rarely, if ever, feel overbiked on the LSP, but I bet I'd have more fun, almost all of the time, on the Delano, for the trails we ride most. That extra 5mm of bb height is appealing. Then, I could ride the coral colored Delano, and even though its a pink bike, I could always say its my wife's and I'm just trying it out.

Edit: Test ride was an expensive one. Delano, Size L, Coral ordered. I'm really looking forward to see/riding this bike. I'm also really interested in the DVO suspension. The SLX 1x12 setup on her fatbike is awesome. Happy wife.....
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I tend to agree that it won't replace the Abajo or Cascade Peak. I have the cascade and you need to spent around $4,500 to get the Delano in similar spec. The carbon and geo updates don't seem worth it to me as an east coast rider, but of course I'm going to ride it when I'm in Utah again and take one home with me ;-)

The DVO option sounds awesome. Not a lot of bike makers use their stuff and it's well regarded and easy to service. I love the Fox suspension on the Cascade but I really don't like how everything that says Fox on it costs twice as much as RockShox to service. Even the dust seals, which are most likely made by the same place as RockShox (SKF), cost 3x as much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S​​usspect View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Maybe lots of folks are just evaluating the specs quietly, in their own corners (like me).

I haven't followed lots of bike drops, so this is probably the norm, but on day one (yesterday) there are suddenly lots of reviews published from the bike rags that got to ride it a few weeks early. Mostly very glowing reviews... again, maybe that's the norm.

I've read them all, and I'm trying to read between the lines.

MTB YumYum seemed to have mixed feelings in his review. He used the word "wallow" at one point. And the comment section of his review definitely shows some mixed feelings. He's hosting a live discussion Sunday night, I might try to log on for that.

There's also a local to me reviewer (Rich Drew) who says he'll drop a review tomorrow. I'll watch for that too.
    fwiw, the fact that MTB YumYum mentions it in the same breathe as Yeti, Pivot, etc is notable, even aside from being $1k+ cheaper.

I don't have a Fezzari, but would love to see more Fezzari's on the trails around me here in NorCal.

mtbr member
    Looking closely at the spec of the $3500 Comp build, I noticed they use a non-series crankset... from what I can tell the chainring is stuck to the spider on these so you wouldn't be able to change up the ring. Plus it's heavy... not hollowtech. Too bad.

As someone else noted, the brakes aren't SLX either... I think they're Deore. Probably decent though.

I've been looking around and saw Jenson has a Ripmo AF SLX build that's $500 more but has a Bikeyoke dropper, full SLX, and Ibis Wheels. But yeah, it's aluminum.

Anyway if I get the Fezzari I'd probably try to swap in some of my XO1 stuff from my current bike (crankset, chain and cassette) which then of course means I need to keep my old wheels. Hmm....

mtbr member
    Not sure if youíve bought from Fezzari in the past...but if thereís something you donít like on a spec, they will give you a deal on a upgrading that part. On my Abajo I swapped the brakes for less than retail. If you really want that bike, call Fezzari and talk to them. They answer the phone and are happy to talk to you.

Also Vital MTBís review said the $300 upgrade on wheels from the base model was very worth considering.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've been looking around and saw Jenson has a Ripmo AF SLX build that's $500 more but has a Bikeyoke dropper, full SLX, and Ibis Wheels. But yeah, it's aluminum.
    Looking forward to reviews. I have the Ripmo AF, its 34.5 lbs in XL and love it. But I also love tracking my climbs (top 5%) and wouldn't mind something a touch more spritley, without much downhill compromise. I guess thats what we all want! Still considering a Delano though...just wish it were a little longer and taller for us tall guys (6'4"+).

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    You will see my Delano on the local NorCal trails (Quicksilver, Los Gatos & Demo Forest) in a few weeks. Its on order with a 6 week lead time. :-) Cant wait....

mtbr member
    Update: If you want the Delano Peak in the coral color, you'd better be prepared to wait until December - from the horses mouth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    Update: If you want the Delano Peak in the coral color, you'd better be prepared to wait until December - from the horses mouth.
    What happened...did you get the last one "for your wife"? Or did you have to get her the blue one?

mtbr member
    I apparently didn't even get a coral one to begin with. Ordered online, of course, and received an order # and confirmation. Website was posting 6 weeks out, and a local guy also bought one - he told me they were projecting 6 weeks as well (don't know what color he ordered). It wasn't until today when I received a call from Fezzari to go over the order, that he told me the coral was super popular, sold out, and was out of stock until December. I totally figured a barbi pink bike wouldn't be that popular, but that was apparently way off. So blue it is.

More tangential info. I've beat the piss out the bear pawl hubs (come stock on the Comp builds). Freehub bodies are made out of butter and crater (for me) in short mileage. Currently running a steel, massive e-bike freehub from bear pawls and it seems to be holding up. As such, I asked if there was a comparable freehub body in microspline to upgrade the bear pawl...there isn't. So......even though I'm not a huge fan of Stan's stuff, upgraded the wheelset.

The stock shimano crank on the Comp model can take a 30 tooth ring. They're not fixed on there, 32 tooth comes stock, but Fezzari can't make the change without significant delay, not an option. I don't know if an oval 30t is currently available or an option - but I want one for "our" trails.

Quotes for fun, I really do have a wife, and this bike really is for her.

I drilled down a little deeper on the differences in geometries between the LSP and Delano. I was under the impression that these two were virtual copies of each other, with different travel. Reach and stack differences are more than subtle. This is going to be interesting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telejefe View Post
    Looking forward to reviews. I have the Ripmo AF, its 34.5 lbs in XL and love it. But I also love tracking my climbs (top 5%) and wouldn't mind something a touch more spritley, without much downhill compromise. I guess thats what we all want! Still considering a Delano though...just wish it were a little longer and taller for us tall guys (6'4"+).
    I hear ya. I'm also on an aluminum frame (Banshee Phantom) for the last two years. Size M, weighs 32.8 lbs. Bike just rips though. I usually don't feel like it's "heavy"... but would like a bit more travel, a bit less heft etc.

Has anyone seen published weights on these builds?

I was also surprised the the "new" geo is not actually any longer ETT than my current bike. I guess that's what the steep STA does... longer reach, same ETT.

mtbr member
    I apparently didn't even get a coral one to begin with. Ordered online, of course, and received an order # and confirmation. Website was posting 6 weeks out, and a local guy also bought one - he told me they were projecting 6 weeks as well (don't know what color he ordered). It wasn't until today when I received a call from Fezzari to go over the order, that he told me the coral was super popular, sold out, and was out of stock until December. I totally figured a barbi pink bike wouldn't be that popular, but that was apparently way off. So blue it is.

More tangential info. I've beat the piss out the bear pawl hubs (come stock on the Comp builds). Freehub bodies are made out of butter and crater (for me) in short mileage. Currently running a steel, massive e-bike freehub from bear pawls and it seems to be holding up. As such, I asked if there was a comparable freehub body in microspline to upgrade the bear pawl...there isn't. So......even though I'm not a huge fan of Stan's stuff, upgraded the wheelset.

The stock shimano crank on the Comp model can take a 30 tooth ring. They're not fixed on there, 32 tooth comes stock, but Fezzari can't make the change without significant delay, not an option. I don't know if an oval 30t is currently available or an option - but I want one for "our" trails.

Quotes for fun, I really do have a wife, and this bike really is for her.

I drilled down a little deeper on the differences in geometries between the LSP and Delano. I was under the impression that these two were virtual copies of each other, with different travel. Reach and stack differences are more than subtle. This is going to be interesting.
    This is good info, thanks for sharing. I'm also surprised pink sold out first (salmon) but if I get one I'd want a blue anyway. I wonder if they'll run out of those too?

I'm dragging my feet, can't really decide what to do... if my wife was a mountain biker, this'd be an easier decision haha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I hear ya. I'm also on an aluminum frame (Banshee Phantom) for the last two years. Size M, weighs 32.8 lbs. Bike just rips though. I usually don't feel like it's "heavy"... but would like a bit more travel, a bit less heft etc.

Has anyone seen published weights on these builds?

I was also surprised the the "new" geo is not actually any longer ETT than my current bike. I guess that's what the steep STA does... longer reach, same ETT.
    Vital MTB says 31 lbs, 5 oz for the large sans pedals. Seems like one of the better reviews I've read, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Watermonkey, I'm the guy local to you that ordered a blue size L delano comp. Thanks again for letting me check out your la sal. I upgraded to the stans wheelset and pnw dropper but am considering getting the base wtb wheels and buying a wheelset with more durable hubs elsewhere. I want a 28t front ring (perhaps oval?) so am investigating getting a separate crankset too (then I can switch to 175mm as it comes with 170 cranks). I ordered on the phone and was told 6-8 weeks (mid to late sept). They're too slammed and have too many supply issues to change anything for you like they normally would (not even chainring size). Damn, one of the reasons I got interested in fezzari in the first place was the customization. Though I did find out that the 30 day love it or return it policy doesn't work if you customize outside the standard build options.

As for weights, every time I've called and talked to a different person, I've gotten a different answer. I've been told the elite build is anywhere from 29 lbs to 31.5 lbs and that the comp is anywhere from .5 to 1.5 lbs heavier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Anybody get info on the frame only weight? Also appears frame only may be available now?

mtbr member

Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike

Quote Originally Posted by BujiBiker View Post
    I doubt it will replace the abajo peak. It compliments it. They canít keep the bikes in stock. The abandoned is one of the best values in a trail bike anywhere. Thatís why I bought mine. The Delano is a nicer, lighter abajo!
    I didnít compare them side by side, but I suspect the Delano has updated, more progressive geo too.

Edit: yes longer reach, longer WB, slacker HTA, steeper STA.

And carbon compared to just alloy for the Abajo Peak, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KRob; 07-30-2020 at 07:28 PM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

Correct.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NTsnow View Post
    (A) it comes with 170 cranks....
    (B) Though I did find out that the 30 day love it or return it policy doesn't work if you customize outside the standard build options.
    (A) I checked with Fezzari to verify this, and across all sizes of the Delano, 170 mm cranks are standard. I find that to be a weird thing to change, especially across the entire size run. Maybe we'll like it once it's here, right now, I don't. I'm a princess and the pea kind of guy...if my seatpost has somehow dropped 5 mm, I know it, and am not happy about it. Decades of riding have 175 mm crank muscle memory embedded in my genetic code, this might be too weird to swallow. But, a full cm of pedal clearance over my LSP, and there's something to think about. Then again, I took to a super steep seat tube angle like a fly to shi.......

(B) This I disagree with, they shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    (A) I checked with Fezzari to verify this, and across all sizes of the Delano, 170 mm cranks are standard. I find that to be a weird thing to change, especially across the entire size run. Maybe we'll like it once it's here, right now, I don't. I'm a princess and the pea kind of guy...if my seatpost has somehow dropped 5 mm, I know it, and am not happy about it. Decades of riding have 175 mm crank muscle memory embedded in my genetic code, this might be too weird to swallow. But, a full cm of pedal clearance over my LSP, and there's something to think about. Then again, I took to a super steep seat tube angle like a fly to shi.......

(B) This I disagree with, they shouldn't be able to have it both ways.
    Bottom bracket drop doesnít change across sizes so why should crank arm length? Pedal strikes suck

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I just ordered one of these. I'd been hunting around for a new bike and this one just seemed to tick every box with the spec, value, modern geometry, positive reviews, etc. The aesthetics are even good. I'm really looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Bottom bracket drop doesnít change across sizes so why should crank arm length? Pedal strikes suck

Leg lengths of the riders probably change.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by outside! View Post
    Leg lengths of the riders probably change.
    While riding? That must feel strange. Thankfully we have dropper posts!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What do y'all think of the wheel upgrade to Stan flow s1 29er? Worth the 300 dollars? What do you think is a better value in the 500 dollar range? I'm on the lighter side at 150lbs but do occasionally ride fast through rock gardens in the northeast. I've dented my spank rims.

mtbr member
    Has anyone that's ordered one received any indication of shipments moving out? The end of this week is 6 weeks since ordering, which is what the website said the day it took my credit card info. The story shortly thereafter was 6-8 weeks. I'd sure like to know if these are being seen out there anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I just talked to them on the phone. They are expecting everything to arrive this week so they can start building and sending out orders next week.

mtbr member
    Excellent. You ordered first by at least a few days if not more, let me know when its in. Can't wait to see it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i ordered on launch day, nobody reached out to me yet. i'm still looking for feedback on the upgraded wheelset, probably not much more time to change my order to stock wheels if anyone has something bad to say about them.

for reference im on spank oozy wheelset. it's been good to me and the hub is pretty quick to engage. hub has only needed grease now and then and i had to replace the pawls. 10 bux.

mtbr member
    chowfon, you need to call them. Someone should have reached out to you to go over the build and verify your desired setup.

As far as the stock wheels go, I've had issues with the stock Bear Pawls rear hub, specifically the aluminum freehub body. Killed two in short order, finally purchased a steel replacement on my own. So far OK, but still think it might be cratering. I have dinged the stock WTB rim, but I had a slow leak and was running rock gardens at too low of a pressure - anything might have dinged. A DT hub/wheel is in the future for my La Sal Peak. Given this, I upgraded the wheeleset for my wife's Delano to the Stan's setup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I also ordered on launch day. I called them; they say they will contact us when they have our parts in.

I'm also in uncertainty about the wheelset. I know I don't want the base one so I ordered the stans upgrade. I'm not concerned about the rims as I've been on the original stans flow rims for many years. I abuse the hell out of them with an undersized bike for the riding I do and only have one small dent and they hold the bead fine. I have not had good luck with stans hubs in the past however and would prefer to be on some dt350s. Been on 240s for many years; the freehub is flawless and I think I've regreased it once.

Also, I noticed that my order receipt says Stans Flow MK3. I thought I was getting S1. I'll be stoked if I end up with MK3s instead!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    chowfon, you need to call them. Someone should have reached out to you to go over the build and verify your desired setup.

As far as the stock wheels go, I've had issues with the stock Bear Pawls rear hub, specifically the aluminum freehub body. Killed two in short order, finally purchased a steel replacement on my own. So far OK, but still think it might be cratering. I have dinged the stock WTB rim, but I had a slow leak and was running rock gardens at too low of a pressure - anything might have dinged. A DT hub/wheel is in the future for my La Sal Peak. Given this, I upgraded the wheeleset for my wife's Delano to the Stan's setup.
    thanks for the input. i also changed on my spank wheelset from alum to steel freehub. im questioning the value of the stan wheelset because i just specc'ed out a light bicycle carbon wheelset 30mm with dt 350 hubs for $758.. that includes stem, tape, microspline.

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Hi All,
    I am a new Mountain biker, I have been a roadie for the last 5 years. I bought a used hardtail in the pandemic and liked the mountain bike. I like All trial bikes, As I love climbing hills that test my endurance and coming down the technical trail faster.

I decided to go for a full suspension bike considering I am 41. I test rode Giant Trance X but felt like that is too big, Kind of liked the Trek Fuel Ex5. I got educated in the MTB parts and components and looks like i need decent components to hit all my trials. i have to buy a Fuel ex 7 which came around 3200.

Here is my challenge, I saw delano peak man for 3500 Chrome and decent components. I also checked Santa Cruz High tower not a great component but looks like the frame is solid and the warranty is relaiable.

I want the delano with the wheel upgrade and the Frame protector comes around 3900 ..Another 600 i can get a Santa Cruz Chrome with mediocre component but 3 year tuning free.

As i have only 5 months experience in all these.. Thought of asking in this forum before i decide to order.

Worst thing is i can't test ride either of them due to the pandemic and both with take 12 weeks after i decide to buy..

mtbr member
    I don't have a Delano, but I did buy a Fezzari over a bike store brand. 3 years free tuning sounds great, but honestly, what most shops do for free, is stuff you can do in 30 mins in your own garage. Plus you're going to want to know how to adjust a delrailure, brakes, check spokes, basic suspension service anyways.

There is a store near me that does free lifetime tune ups. Thats because 95% of customers never bring their bike back in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Anyone know if the X-Fusion 170mm dropper goes all the way down in a Large frame? Fezzari says they don't know since they have no frames currently. They sized me for a 170mm but if it can't be fully inserted i'll go with a 150.

I ordered the Comp last night. It was down to this or the Orbea Occam. Ultimately went with this because of the DVO suspension. This is my first full squish, currently on a '01 Kona Roast which has served me well but i'm really getting back into mtb and want one of these 29" bikes everyone's riding

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
    Anyone know if the X-Fusion 170mm dropper goes all the way down in a Large frame? Fezzari says they don't know since they have no frames currently. They sized me for a 170mm but if it can't be fully inserted i'll go with a 150.

I ordered the Comp last night. It was down to this or the Orbea Occam. Ultimately went with this because of the DVO suspension. This is my first full squish, currently on a '01 Kona Roast which has served me well but i'm really getting back into mtb and want one of these 29" bikes everyone's riding
    Have to ask, as long as you get the proper saddle height why does it matter if it goes all the way into the seat tube?
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just got a call from Fezzari. My frame and parts are here and build starts next week. Well, almost all the parts- the PNW Bachelor post is delayed. I have a choice of PNW Rainier (200mm, save $50), Fox Transfer (175mm, same price), or the X-fusion Manic (length?, save $120). Leaning towards PNW Rainier for reliability and ease of maintenance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Just got a call from Fezzari. My frame and parts are here and build starts next week. Well, almost all the parts- the PNW Bachelor post is delayed. I have a choice of PNW Rainier (200mm, save $50), Fox Transfer (175mm, same price), or the X-fusion Manic (length?, save $120). Leaning towards PNW Rainier for reliability and ease of maintenance.
    Congratulation , Getting excited for you. I would appreciate if you get the bike and how is your first ride and a possible video. I just ordered yesterday. They said december , Wait time is killing me. I may even cancel and buy a Santa cruz.. let me see

mtbr member
    Youíll be happy with the Rainer. I have one on my HT and the X Fusion on my Abajo. The Rainer is much smoother. The X Fusion works, but itís not as nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I also ordered on launch day. I called them; they say they will contact us when they have our parts in.

I'm also in uncertainty about the wheelset. I know I don't want the base one so I ordered the stans upgrade. I'm not concerned about the rims as I've been on the original stans flow rims for many years. I abuse the hell out of them with an undersized bike for the riding I do and only have one small dent and they hold the bead fine. I have not had good luck with stans hubs in the past however and would prefer to be on some dt350s. Been on 240s for many years; the freehub is flawless and I think I've regreased it once.

Also, I noticed that my order receipt says Stans Flow MK3. I thought I was getting S1. I'll be stoked if I end up with MK3s instead!
    Have you confirmed this with Fezzari? Is it possible to get the MK3 even as an upgrade? I ordered the Delano, foolishly not realizing that the S1 is a cheaper, heavier rim than the MK3. While Iím sure they are fine I want to have the most reasonably high end alu rims I can get. I got the XT build and Iím not sure if I can downgrade for -$300 or upgrade to MK3. I kind do want better hubs as well, the Stans hubs sound decent at best.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    There is another review out on these:
    https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-rev...-final-review/

Does anyone have theirs, yet?

mtbr member
    Received a text a few days ago, frame and parts are in, build process to being in the next few days, so hopefully two days before the day after tomorrow they'll start the build. No ETA on shipping. Finally cooling off some in Moab, getting itchy to head west for the first time in a looooooooong time, re: covid.

edit - heard back, one to two weeks out on delivery.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Received a text a few days ago, frame and parts are in, build process to being in the next few days, so hopefully two days before the day after tomorrow they'll start the build. No ETA on shipping. Finally cooling off some in Moab, getting itchy to head west for the first time in a looooooooong time, re: covid.

edit - heard back, one to two weeks out on delivery.
    Cool - on what date did you order yours and what model did you order?

mtbr member
    Several days after the release date, Comp model, Large w/upgraded Stan's wheelset.

mtbr member
    Shipping info sent from Fezzari, expecting delivery Friday. Woot!

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Ordered my Coral Dune Delano Peak Comp last week, expected delivery in early December
    Last edited by cletuslol; 10-17-2020 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    When you put in an order with Fezzari for a model with a long delivery time, do they take a partial deposit or the full price of the bike at checkout?

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgicklhorn View Post
    When you put in an order with Fezzari for a model with a long delivery time, do they take a partial deposit or the full price of the bike at checkout?
    Full price at checkout

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Good to know, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    They took a deposit from me when I ordered then took the rest when the bike was built and ready to ship.

mtbr member
    She's here, and she's beautiful.
    Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-delano.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Rad. Ride reviews would be appreciated. Also, any chance you're planning to run two bottle cages? I would love to see a photo with two bottles/cages mounted.

mtbr member
    Well, If i can talk my wife into letting me ride it, I'll get a review. I'm really interested to check out the DVO bits, and compare this to my La Sal Peak. The chain and seat stays are massive compared to the LSP.

We're planning on running 3 water bottle cages, just like on my LSP. Two for water in the frame, one "tool bottle" under, with tube, tire levers, etc. This is our preferred setup for short local rides. Its so nice to ride without a pack. Longer rides needing more water and we run packs.

The blue is really pretty in person - kind of like a concrete sea blue ish.

mtbr member
    Would definitely be curious on a LaSal comparison/review. My buddy has one on order.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delano.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	1364805
    Shes a looker for sure! What size is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Shes a looker for sure! What size is that?

Large - setup for 5'9" rider, dropper post is 150 mm. Might go to riser bar/stem combo - 170 mm cranks mean you have to run your saddle 5mm higher. I think that's why it looks like an XC setup now.

I haven't even swung a leg over this bike, not even a parking lot test ride. Until I'm explicitly given permission from my wife, its off limits. At this stage, I'm just the mechanic.

She has set numerous section PR's on this on each ride, and I can attest to the fact that this bike is fast, fast. I normally catch her on the downhills....those days may be over.

Still getting things dialed, but initial feedback is that the DVO suspension bits are awesome. She knows my La Sal Peak well, and said the DVO stuff is much smoother.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Need some help from others who got the dvo suspension... How's the rebound control on the shock? For me, fully closed and fully open have no difference in a simple parking lot test. I'm wondering if it's defected or if the rebound range is way out of range for my weight, 150lbs. Shock is at 185 psi. Rear end is out of control through medium speed rocks and roots. I also blow through travel with 1 spacer in the positive chamber. I've added 2 more but haven't ridden it yet. FYI, the shock is limited to 50mm stroke, while the shaft shows 55mm. This means you'll never visibly bottom out, so beware if the oring is still showing decent shaft remaining, you could very well be bottoming out.

For the fork, I'm also going through travel very quickly with the dvo recommended Hsc. What's your experience here?

mtbr member
    Have you checked the shock's bladder pressure? Forgot to set it up on the first ride, and it was like a pogo stick for my wife, regardless of settings - "lockout" did virtually nothing. When I realized I hadn't checked it (never had to before with Fox and Rockshox), pressure was only 70, range is 170-200 psi. The next ride, it was great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    yup, i set bladder pressure right in middle at 185. from what i understand, this bladder pressure essentially shifts the whole air spring curve.

when you say pogo stick, you are still talking about the rear? are you saying that increasing the bladder pressure slowed down the rebound? can you do me a favor and wind the rebound all the way closed and see if the shock is slow as molasses?

i'm going to reach out to both fezzari and dvo later today, however, DVO via email already told me to fill out a form... i don't want to be out a shock for the season..

regarding the lock out, it's definitely a soft lockout, essentially just alot of lsc. if you jump on it, it definitely breaks away. i'd say realistically on a trail, it's effective, but parking lot jumps.. it seems useless.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    DVO had me send back my diamond fork. Only way I could get appropriate sag was to set the pressure at 75psi when it should have been closer to 115. After some pressing, Fezzari was gracious enough to reset the 30 day trial window to whenever the fork comes back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    DVO had me send back my diamond fork. Only way I could get appropriate sag was to set the pressure at 75psi when it should have been closer to 115. After some pressing, Fezzari was gracious enough to reset the 30 day trial window to whenever the fork comes back.
    i'm not totally happy with the fork either.. seems to be alot of stiction. i even cranked on the OTT dial to maximum negative spring and still seems like a lot of stiction. i'll give this a pass for now because maybe it needs to be broken in.. but i've done over 30 miles..

what is DVO's turn around time for the fork? can you test the rear shock to see if rebound fully closed is slow? you could pump it to like 50psi to make it easier to actuate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Others have said DVO forgot to put oil inside the lowers of the fork, maybe check that? https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspe...-936949-7.html

mtbr member
    Sizes: Large. La Sal Peak - mullet 29x 27.5+ low setting, Delano - stan's 29er, low setting. Fezzari sent me two of their "Fezzari" branded high school team issue bottles, as standard bottles (see the ones on the La Sal) would not clear the shock reservoir on the Delano.
    Delano 150mm dropper, La Sal 160 mm dropper. Both bikes running +7į, 60 mm 31.8 stems and Race face bars @785mm X 1.5 rise. I still don't understand the point of 35mm bars.
    Both bikes rip.
    Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-img_20201004_120632898.jpg
    Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-img_20201004_120649282.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Update on the fork. I dropped the lowers and indeed there was very little oil that came out, however, dvo tells me this is normal because the grease absorbs the oil.. Additionally the foam wiper was bone dry and the grease in the dust seal was untouched. I soaked both the foam rings, packed dust seal with grease, and replenished oil in the lowers. Stiction has been reduced.

I think I'll add a touch of oil in the spring chamber to increase progression and decrease pressure a tiny bit to get it a little softer on initial stroke.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Can anyone who actually has one give a solid ride report or compare it to other bikes? Does anyone have one with Fox suspension?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Sizes: Large. La Sal Peak - mullet 29x 27.5+ low setting, Delano - stan's 29er, low setting. Fezzari sent me two of their "Fezzari" branded high school team issue bottles, as standard bottles (see the ones on the La Sal) would not clear the shock reservoir on the Delano.
    Delano 150mm dropper, La Sal 160 mm dropper. Both bikes running +7į, 60 mm 31.8 stems and Race face bars @785mm X 1.5 rise. I still don't understand the point of 35mm bars.
    Both bikes rip.

Thanks watermonkey, the larger reservoir on the DVO Topaz does seem to cause some clearance issues. However, I bet with a little fenagling of different bottles and cages one could get a smaller bottle up front and larger 750ml/26oz bottle in the rear bosses while still clearing the reservoir.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dromond View Post
    Can anyone who actually has one give a solid ride report or compare it to other bikes? Does anyone have one with Fox suspension?
    I don't really have much to add over this review - he covers all the bases really well, and it reflects what I've seen riding both these bikes last weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFnlmzxcbc

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Coral Color and initial impressions

Last edited by durhamguy; 10-07-2020 at 10:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Coral Color and initial impressions

Last edited by durhamguy; 10-07-2020 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Duplicate

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Listen! test to see if my post disappears

Last edited by durhamguy; 10-07-2020 at 10:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Initial Ride Impressions and Color

I after ordering in early August I received my Delano Peak last Tuesday.

FYI. The Coral color is more what I would describe as salmon. I was a bit surprised as I was expecting something closer to burnt orange. It definitely has an obvious pink component. I don't hate it. I might have picked the blue if I had known, though it is growing on me.

I have the elite build and I really like it, but I don't have much of a frame-of-reference as I'm coming straight from a XC hardtail with 2.2 inch tires. I'm mid-fifties, and I had knee surgery, so the full-suspension is really to my liking. I roll over obstacles that used to bring me to a dead stop. The bike seems pretty efficient given the fat tires and I think I'm faster on the 6" root and rock chatter common on the single track around NC.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fezzari Delano Peak 135/150mm trail bike-delano-peak.jpg  

Last edited by durhamguy; 10-06-2020 at 02:48 PM. Reason: update with photo

mtbr member
    Sep 2020
    Ordered September 11th. Just got told that Fezzari will not get me my bike (Comp with upgraded wheels, Coral Dune color) before the end of December. This will be a 16+ week delay rather than the 12-14 that I was told in September. I was told this is due to delay on the frames coming in.

So now I won't have a bike for Christmas to go along with my 5 year old's new bike and it is overall a real bummer. Not sure if I will cancel the order because the Fezzari was kind of my ideal bike at this price point.

mtbr member
    Ride report - second hand. Spent a long weekend in Moab. I was on my La Sal Peak, my wife was running her new Delano Peak. We've been to this area and rode these same trails enough times that we're familiar with them, but don't know them like our backyard trails. She loves this bike. In techy, chunky, punchy stuff, this bike excels. Regardless of how I had my LSP set up, high or low mode, her bike was just way more suited to this type of slower (but not crawling) tech riding. The only times I could gain ground on her were high speed more open descents. The rest of the time, she simply pulled away. The Delano is a great trail bike. Unfortunately, my knee kept me from riding yesterday, so I held down camp while her and my son rode with friends at the Bar M trails. We'd always been under the impression that everything was mellow there and a fully "beginner" area. Ride reports were different - sounds like Deadman's ridge is a blast. Her and my son said it was, by far, the most technical riding they've done. She said her bike was awesome on this - minimal pedal strikes too. Looking forward to going back soon. Moab was the biggest $h!tsh0w i've seen yet. I go to Moab expecting it to be a zoo, but holy bejeezus, that was nuts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cletuslol View Post
    Ordered September 11th. Just got told that Fezzari will not get me my bike (Comp with upgraded wheels, Coral Dune color) before the end of December. This will be a 16+ week delay rather than the 12-14 that I was told in September. I was told this is due to delay on the frames coming in.

So now I won't have a bike for Christmas to go along with my 5 year old's new bike and it is overall a real bummer. Not sure if I will cancel the order because the Fezzari was kind of my ideal bike at this price point.
    What are you going to get instead, even big companies are telling people spring for orders placed now.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

RE: Trail Report

My impressions of the Delano Peak match your observations.

We have a lot of twisty, chunky, technical up-and-down in NC and relatively little really fast, flowing, and sustained downhill. I feel like i made a good choice for my style of riding. The Delano is at least as fast as my XC hardtail on the chunky trails, and gains speed quickly. It also feels pretty efficient climbing the saddle. I don't notice much, if any, pedal bob. Overall, I feel the bike suits me well and is very capable. I added an Absolute Black 30t oval chainring and I am happy with that choice as well.

Ride report - second hand. Spent a long weekend in Moab. I was on my La Sal Peak, my wife was running her new Delano Peak. We've been to this area and rode these same trails enough times that we're familiar with them, but don't know them like our backyard trails. She loves this bike. In techy, chunky, punchy stuff, this bike excels. Regardless of how I had my LSP set up, high or low mode, her bike was just way more suited to this type of slower (but not crawling) tech riding. The only times I could gain ground on her were high speed more open descents. The rest of the time, she simply pulled away. The Delano is a great trail bike. Unfortunately, my knee kept me from riding yesterday, so I held down camp while her and my son rode with friends at the Bar M trails. We'd always been under the impression that everything was mellow there and a fully "beginner" area. Ride reports were different - sounds like Deadman's ridge is a blast. Her and my son said it was, by far, the most technical riding they've done. She said her bike was awesome on this - minimal pedal strikes too. Looking forward to going back soon. Moab was the biggest $h!tsh0w i've seen yet. I go to Moab expecting it to be a zoo, but holy bejeezus, that was nuts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by durhamguy View Post
    My impressions of the Delano Peak match your observations.

We have a lot of twisty, chunky, technical up-and-down in NC and relatively little really fast, flowing, and sustained downhill. I feel like i made a good choice for my style of riding. The Delano is at least as fast as my XC hardtail on the chunky trails, and gains speed quickly. It also feels pretty efficient climbing the saddle. I don't notice much, if any, pedal bob. Overall, I feel the bike suits me well and is very capable. I added an Absolute Black 30t oval chainring and I am happy with that choice as well.
    Have you taken it to WNC yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I got my Delano Peak with the Elite build out for the first ride yesterday on a mixture of shorter DH-focused trails from smooth and flowy to steeper, loose, rutted trails. I'm pleased overall.

I'm coming from a 2016 Devinci Troy Carbon 27.5 which I've enjoy. A few weeks ago I demoed a 2020 Norco Sight on the same trails. That bike was very capable and performed better on steep, rough, fall-line trails but I felt over biked everywhere else. The Delano is more fun overall for me, and is more versatile. Climbing is more manageable. I think it's because the wheelbase is a little shorter, it's 1 degree steeper HA, less travel and slightly less reach. The fit on this bike feel excellent to me. I love the steep seat angle and had noticeably less low back pain from climbing compared to my older Troy.

The stand out problem so far is the DPX2 rear shock, which seems to function OK but makes a loud sucking noise on compression and rebound. It sounds pretty bad! Fezzari said that they can fix the sound through a warranty process, or I can do that directly with Fox for faster turnaround times. They were very responsive and helpful - I just wish the bike arrived in perfect working condition, or that they would just exchange for a shock that works right rather than having to immediately warranty it. Not the end of the world, but that could be better.

I need to do a bit more suspension tuning. So far I'm not getting the last 10% of travel either front or rear despite having enough sag and a few hard hits. We'll see what different damping settings do, and possibly changing volume spacers. Overall the rear suspension performance seems fine but nothing amazing. There is plenty of suspension movement when climbing without the shock compression lever in climb mode - I used that on every climb. It's reasonable efficient when seated but moves more when you are out of the saddle. it feels extremely comfortable when climbing and I intend to use it on long rides of 4+ hours regularly.

Overall I'm excited to dial this thing in and ride it more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    air down completely the fork and shock, then compress to determine full stroke length. remaining stanchion is not a perfect indicator of how much travel you are using. after understanding full stroke length that could also affect your sag percentage..

at least for the dvo topaz, it can be configured as 50/55mm stroke, and the delano uses the 50 setting, so you would always see at least 5mm remaining stanchion.

pro tip: this bike uses the universal derailleur hanger that is designed to rotate upon impact to the derailleur to protect derailleur. the area around the frame dropout is prone to paint chips if the universal derailleur hanger bangs it.. ask me how i know...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    @chowfon thanks for the tip regarding paint chipping - I'll try to protect that somehow. My above 90% travel measurement is using the method you describe - airing down the suspension to determine the stroke length. As you suggest with the DVO, the Fox fork/shock also both show exposed stanchion when fully compressed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Accidental double post.
    Last edited by NovaYankee; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:40 PM. Reason: Double Post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

Stans Flow worth the extra $300?

I'm really considering pulling the trigger on the comp build, but Iím trying to decide whether it's worth the extra $300 for the Stans Flow wheelset. Where I typically ride, it's pretty rocky with lots of roots. I know there's been some talk of this on here, but wanted to know if the folks who stuck with the stock wheels regret not doing the upgrade from the start. I don't really care about weight that much Ė I am more concerned with durability. If I stick with the stock WTB wheels, would a wheel replacement be in my near future forcing me to spend more anyway?

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Sweet looking bike! Anyone try with a coil yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaYankee View Post
    I'm really considering pulling the trigger on the comp build, but Iím trying to decide whether it's worth the extra $300 for the Stans Flow wheelset. Where I typically ride, it's pretty rocky with lots of roots. I know there's been some talk of this on here, but wanted to know if the folks who stuck with the stock wheels regret not doing the upgrade from the start. I don't really care about weight that much Ė I am more concerned with durability. If I stick with the stock WTB wheels, would a wheel replacement be in my near future forcing me to spend more anyway?
    Vital's review (https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/gui...ws/3877/expand) essentially said that the only downside of the comp build was the WTB wheelset, as they destroyed two rear rims. They switched to the Stan's set and had no more issues. If I was doing it, I would buy the stock set, and sell it as new for ~$200, and replace it with something like a set of Hunt Trail Wide wheels (https://us.huntbikewheels.com/produc...33272368594989) at $459 + $28 shipping to US. In the end it would be about the same price as the upgraded Stans set, with better hub reliability (although Stan's will cover hub failures under warranty).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I dented my rear rim pretty early on. I pulled it straight with wrench and it holds air 👌, but there is a flat spot now that you can feel on pavement. I've had to redo the spokes because they kept loosening.

I'm not faulting the rim completely, I think I was running too low pressure and I landed flat on a rock. Cut the tire too.

I haven't had issues since, but I've got a stronger rear wheel coming in.

BTW, both fezzari and wtb offer wheel crash replacement discount 😁

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I also have the heel-rub issue on the chainstays that they noted in the video and also wear Five Ten flat shoes - although only on the left side where my trailing foot hangs out. I put some thick protective Shelter tape there to prevent from wearing out the paint.

Unlike what they found in this video, I do find there is some suspension movement from pedaling, but the climb switch mostly takes care of that. The suspension is still pretty reactive to bumps when climbing and combined with the great climbing position and traction it climbs up more technical sections with ease. If you are looking for a crazy firm pedaling platform for out-of-the-saddle hammering on smooth trails, I would look elsewhere. For seating spinning up smooth trails with some technical climbing mixed in occasionally, I'm pretty happy. FWIW I dropped the chainring to 30t to get an ultra-low gear and didn't find it negatively impacted that pedal-bob in any way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgicklhorn View Post
    Vital's review (https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/gui...ws/3877/expand) essentially said that the only downside of the comp build was the WTB wheelset, as they destroyed two rear rims. They switched to the Stan's set and had no more issues. If I was doing it, I would buy the stock set, and sell it as new for ~$200, and replace it with something like a set of Hunt Trail Wide wheels (https://us.huntbikewheels.com/produc...33272368594989) at $459 + $28 shipping to US. In the end it would be about the same price as the upgraded Stans set, with better hub reliability (although Stan's will cover hub failures under warranty).
    I don't have an opinion on that particular wheelset, but would do something similar. The flow upgraded is not worth $300 imo, money spent better elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I don't have an opinion on that particular wheelset, but would do something similar. The flow upgraded is not worth $300 imo, money spent better elsewhere.

And save ~300g in the process. Hunt TW is 1823g, vs the Flow S1 is 2102, and Hunt has much better engagement.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Thanks all. I was leaning towards ordering with the stock wheel set so this seems to reinforce that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaYankee View Post
    Thanks all. I was leaning towards ordering with the stock wheel set so this seems to reinforce that.
    Looks like the Stan's wheel upgrade, along with PNW dropper upgrade option, have mysteriously vanished from the ordering page. Makes that decision a little easier.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey all, looking for input on what others have dialed in their dvo suspension. I'm 150lbs in size medium with the dvo build. I had alot of stiction in the fork, so I opened it up and soaked the foam ring and lubed up the wiper seal.It was dry. I had to add oil to lowers too. After many miles, fork is smooth now. Overall suspension is composed and playful when I want it.

Rear shock
    185psi
    13mm sag, about 28% considering 50mm stroke.
    4 bands in positive chamber. I think I'm going back to 3. 4 seems too spiky at end stroke.
    0 clips in negative chamber
    185psi piggy
    Rebound 3 from fast with the 4 clips. I was at 2 with 3 clips.

Fork
    103psi
    22mm sag, about 15%
    1 OTT rotation, using the 3d printed cap to keep it from auto rotating
    Hsc 1
    Lsc 1
    Rebound 6 from fast
    Added About 5ml oil into air chamber

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Does Fezzari have an owners manual for the Delano?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason TNMTB View Post
    Does Fezzari have an owners manual for the Delano?
    just a generic manual for mountain bikes. there's no suspension setup guide if that's what you're looking for, however, i assume they keep track of the base settings they use based on your weight and measurements.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    just a generic manual for mountain bikes. there's no suspension setup guide if that's what you're looking for, however, i assume they keep track of the base settings they use based on your weight and measurements.

Copy that. Thanks.

mtbr member
    As in...you assumed Fezzari took your specs, body weight, riding style, etc. and actually set up your suspension for you with tokens, rebound, air pressure etc. specific to you? Not a chance. Neither of mine were remotely setup for specs provided. Assume nothing on a bike out of the box.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialtone View Post
    Looks like the Stan's wheel upgrade, along with PNW dropper upgrade option, have mysteriously vanished from the ordering page. Makes that decision a little easier.
    Noticed that as well - I just pulled the trigger on the order and it did make things easier! Now the waiting game begins...website says 8-10 weeks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Ordered the Elite build last week. Canít wait!

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Any upgrades or parts you guys would recommend on my elite build? I'm planning to use the OneUp Alloy Pedals and PNW Grips. I had wrist pain on my Giant Stance and moved to the PNW Ranger bar and it is awesome. I was thinking about using a PNW bar on the Delano, but would have to replace the stem to a 31.8, or I could just get the carbon OneUp bar that is already 35mm. Any thoughts there?