Delano Ordered- Mtbr.com

Thread: Delano Ordered

mtbr member
    Nov 2020

Delano Ordered

Hey guys,
    New here, been biking for only about 4 months now on a Giant Stance 29 2. I've been lucky to ride a lot and with better riders so I have progressed quickly to handling 6-10' drops, double black tech trails and getting ok on jumps now. I felt it was time to get a better bike and I landed on the Delano Peak. I went with the Elite package in Coral (hope it's not too pink for my liking ) I told Fezzari I wasn't in a hurry to get it as it's getting cold and I won't be riding as much over the winter. They said it will likely ship out in late January which is fine by me. I can work on being patient now!

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason TNMTB View Post
    Hey guys,
    New here, been biking for only about 4 months now on a Giant Stance 29 2. I've been lucky to ride a lot and with better riders so I have progressed quickly to handling 6-10' drops, double black tech trails and getting ok on jumps now. I felt it was time to get a better bike and I landed on the Delano Peak. I went with the Elite package in Coral (hope it's not too pink for my liking ) I told Fezzari I wasn't in a hurry to get it as it's getting cold and I won't be riding as much over the winter. They said it will likely ship out in late January which is fine by me. I can work on being patient now!
    Great choice! you will enjoy the bike. The bike has been just perfect for my needs (i am not as advanced as you though :-) ). I have taken the bike out on whole day rides, climbed 1500+ft, technical singletracks and speedy flow trails, and have enjoyed every minute on the bike. The bike does bob when you step out of saddle and pump hard, but the climb switch takes care of that. The downhills let you be agile on the bike and are buttery smooth. I did experience some rattling of cables, I need to get that fixed.

I was tempted to get the coral, but went conservative with blue. I am 5' 11" and ride a size Large.
    Last edited by bike_hard; 5 Days Ago at 11:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Glad you like it! Im 510 and they put me in a Large too. My Giant is a medium, but Im guessing the more modern geo on the Delano means the Large wont feel too big and be the right size for me.