Abajo Peak weight- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2017

Abajo Peak weight

Anybody with a new Abajo Peak have a ballpark on the weight with the X-fusion fork/shock? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    bump

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by blip01 View Post
    Anybody with a new Abajo Peak have a ballpark on the weight with the X-fusion fork/shock? Thanks!
    I just ordered one but it won't arrive for a month. I can weigh it then but it may be too late for you.

VT1
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Sub'd! Really interested in an Abajo, and would like to hear your first impression and how it rides.

mtbr member
    I dont know the weight of mine but I do love it. I can thrash it around and jump better than I ever have before. I can also tell.you that the x-fusuon suspension is very underrated. I have has people get in my bike and be amazed of how supple it really is. If you have any other specific questions ask away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Yea I'm pretty stoked. I think I'm going to put the One Up Dropper and pedals on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kluthage421 View Post
    Yea I'm pretty stoked. I think I'm going to put the One Up Dropper and pedals on it.
    Congrats. I got mine with the xfusion dropper and it has been good so far. Nothing to complain about with it but it is the only dropper I have ever had

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ma67cpe View Post
    I dont know the weight of mine but I do love it. I can thrash it around and jump better than I ever have before. I can also tell.you that the x-fusuon suspension is very underrated. I have has people get in my bike and be amazed of how supple it really is. If you have any other specific questions ask away.
    Could you tell us your build/spec and then weigh yourself and then weigh yourself holding the bike and let us know the weight (of course with whatever you have on there with bottle cage or pedals or garmin mount etc etc)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
    Could you tell us your build/spec and then weigh yourself and then weigh yourself holding the bike and let us know the weight (of course with whatever you have on there with bottle cage or pedals or garmin mount etc etc)?
    Ok I used this method so please do not use this as an exact measurement. It came out to about 32.4 pounds.

I have xfusion mcqueen RCP front fork and xfusion 02 pro rl rear shock and also I added the xfusion Manic Internal Dropper Seatpost (so that may weigh a bit)

Other than that is is all sram drivetrain (nx eagle 1X12) and brakes (hydraulic disc brakes)

I run the fezzari pedals, alloy bar and stems

I have the WTB 29 inch wheels with maxxis 2.5 tires and the saddle is wtb as well.

I have nothing else added except an absolute black oval chainring. No bottle cages or garmin mounts. Heres a couple pics in case I forgot something. I hope this helps out at least a little bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abajo Peak weight-20190316_143538.jpg  

Abajo Peak weight-20190310_135322.jpg  

Abajo Peak weight-20190307_175007.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Awesome looking bike. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me/us. What size is the bike?

Did you put on the oval ring yourself or did you ask Fezzari to do it s part of the build?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
    Awesome looking bike. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me/us. What size is the bike?

Did you put on the oval ring yourself or did you ask Fezzari to do it s part of the build?
    I knew I forgot something lol. Mine is a medium frame. I installed the oval myself about a month ago. Thanks and I'm just glad I can help.

VT1
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Beautiful bike, and thank you for taking the time to post some pics.
    How is climbing on it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1 View Post
    Beautiful bike, and thank you for taking the time to post some pics.
    How is climbing on it?
    Thanks you and anytime.

I think the climbing is great on this. My first day on this bike I made climbs that I had never made in the first year or so of riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Received my Abajo Peak 29er size large this week after it was back-ordered. It weighs 32.8 with One-Up Components aluminum pedals and the non-dropper seat post. My fat bike actually weighs less, but this bike is much faster. I only stopped today because of time. Going to put the One-Up dropper on. I am 245lbs. Rode 16 undulating and at times sandy miles on it today after basic assembly and brake lever positioning. It climbs well especially with the rear shock locked out. It's very playful and nimble and I feel it's easy to hit tight lines through trees and windy trails. Many times I thought I was going to clip a tree with the bars or a rock with the pedals but never did. Of course the Minion DHII tires are awesome. So much grip. I think you'll be happy with this bike if you decide to purchase.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Has anyone road the abajo in the 27.5+? I'm thinking very hard about purchasing one of these bikes and I'm deciding between the 29er or the 27.5+. I have never been on a plus sized bike, but really like the feel of a regular 27.5". So I just figured I'd get opinions on what people have thought

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaterratr View Post
    Has anyone road the abajo in the 27.5+? I'm thinking very hard about purchasing one of these bikes and I'm deciding between the 29er or the 27.5+. I have never been on a plus sized bike, but really like the feel of a regular 27.5". So I just figured I'd get opinions on what people have thought
    I know one guy that got it with the 29 option and didn't like it so fezzari just charged him the original 100.00 charge and sent him the 27.5 plus. May want to ask them if that could be an option for you so you can decide what you like on the bike itself.