Abajo Peak Ordered- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2019

Abajo Peak Ordered

Hello everyone,

I ordered an Abajo Peak a week ago. I thought I was a medium and that's what they concluded as well.

Most of its use will be at Palo Duro Canyon, for anyone that knows the area.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share since I'm excited. I'll update as I get some miles on it, etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Following... Been highly interested in an Abajo for my first full suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Awesome bike! Only got 3 rides on mine before surgery. Going from 26-29" wheels was a game changer. Mine is a medium concrete color.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by BujiBiker View Post
    Awesome bike! Only got 3 rides on mine before surgery. Going from 26-29" wheels was a game changer. Mine is a medium concrete color.
    I went with the 27.5+. It was hard for me to choose though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and just got called today to go pick it up (I live close to headquarters). I went with the 27.5+ as well and i'm pumped to grab it tomorrow and get it out on the maiden voyage!

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaterratr View Post
    I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and just got called today to go pick it up (I live close to headquarters). I went with the 27.5+ as well and i'm pumped to grab it tomorrow and get it out on the maiden voyage!
    Awesome! Let us know what you think if you feel like it.

I'm interested in thoughts on the 27.5+ tires also. That's what I went with. It was hard for me to choose.

My current hard tail bike has 27.5 on it that are 2.2" so this will be quite a change.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yea I feel you on the change! I'm coming over from a 26" bike so i'm pumped to test it out. I have rode my buddies Trek with 27.5+ and it felt good so i'm very hopeful this will be a good pickup

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I couldnít believe how big the 29x2.5/29x2.4 tires were coming from 26x2.25ís on 23mm rims. Those were huge compared to the 26x1.95 on 19 mm rims in 2002.

The bike is great! I only have (very) limited miles on it. But it blows away my 120 mm fsr in every respect. Itís only 3/4 lb heavier at 34 lbs. thatís with tubes, and the manic dropper vs full platform spdís and no dropper on the fsr.

I wonít be able ride any bike until my left quad makes 90% of right quad after knee reconstruction. I can ride and pedal at 135 watts for a whopping mile on a stationary bike. I can ride a regular bike too. Getting off the bike, pretty close to life and death.

I couldnít find a bike as good as the Abajo until I would spend 1000 dollars more, in which case I would have bought a Cascad Peak!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Looking forward to ride reports on these!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just got out on the first ride and it was worth the money! We rode a quick 5 mile loop and the abajo climbs like a beast and the 2.8 tires really grip well in corners. I'm really pleased with it so far, and hopefully i will be getting out on a little longer ride that I can really get into some good climbing and descents. I'll update after the next ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Just got out on the first ride and it was worth the money! We rode a quick 5 mile loop and the abajo climbs like a beast and the 2.8 tires really grip well in corners. I'm really pleased with it so far, and hopefully i will be getting out on a little longer ride that I can really get into some good climbing and descents. I'll update after the next ride!
    Awesome! Glad to hear it and look forward to hearing more. I'll do the same and update when I have mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I ride mine... in my driveway. Riding it is fine. Getting off is scary. With my knee surgery I have to be very careful.

Glad to here everyone liking the Abajo Peak. Itís a great bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Saw another Concrete Abajo peak in the back of a truck with 2 other bikes and a tent camper today. 27.5 + bike. Those tires are huge! I thought my 29 er was big!

It was cool to see another Ferrari let alone another Abajo peak in my area. Ohio isnít exactly a mountain biking area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    just ordered my abajo peak 29er. man I cant wait!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Ha! I ordered mine, Size L, on August 2nd. I guess Fezzari will be busy with just the people in this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Dude take a break from riding and give us a report for Christ's sake!

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    My Abajo Peak arrived today.

I got it all set up. Planning on a ride in the morning.

I'll try to keep updating as I get some miles on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Ha! Same with me. I picked it up in Lindon.

I asked about the high speed rebound adjustment because Iíve never messed with one before. The clerk told me that they set it up how they think it should be. So, just ride it how it is unless something needs adjusting.

That makes good sense to me.

I took a ten minute ride before dark tonight and Iím impressed by how stable everything feels. Thereís no bob or bounce.

I, also, will post an update and possibly a picture from tomorrowís ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Took the Fezzari on the first ride today.

Just one ride down, but I was very happy with it. I've been riding a hardtail, so it's hard to make a great comparison.

The Fezzari was excellent in the climbs and I was moving faster downhill with better control.

Really felt great and fits me very well.

I rode at Palo Duro Canyon. I'll list my ride for anyone familiar.

Upper Commanche
    GSL
    Lighthouse to Capitol Peak
    Inner loop Capitol Peak
    Juniper Cliffside
    Juniper Riverside
    Roho Grande
    Capitol Peak Outer loop to Lighthouse Trail
    Lighthouse to GSL
    GSL
    Kiowa

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_090921.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_093309.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_093323.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_093345.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_093407.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_095758.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_095808.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-20190917_095816.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-screenshot_20190917-190419_strava.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    One other thing I'd add is that the Fezzari really felt great in the twisty parts (lots of S curves, with deeper dirt/sand). 'Cornered' very well and had great traction.

a lot more stable than my hardtail. (to be fair, my hardtail is a Cannondale Catalyst 3 with 27.5 x 2.2 tubeless tires)

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    I took my first good ride today. Here are my impressions, compared to my previous bike (a hardtail 27.5 plus bike):

1. I am so happy to have a full suspension bike. The tires stay planted to the ground, my rear end isnít sore, and the feeling of ,Ēsmoothness,Ē was really nice. Also, my legs had more strength for pedaling, rather than lifting off the seat.
    2. I experienced zero negatives concerning the 29 in wheels. There was no feeling of ďsluggishnessĒ when accelerating. They rolled over everything and helped keep my momentum up.
    3. Even though these SRAM brakes are on the less expensive side, they worked great for me. I was curious if they would be good enough.

So far, this bike seems like a great bargain and a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I had another good ride on the Abajo Peak. I planned to get it back out on the trails 3 days ago, but we got rained out. No problem... we need the rain.

No negatives to report so far. I'm enjoying it.

Rode it on most of the same trails as last time, minus Jupiter and Rio Grande.

I rode all of Comanche (upper and lower) this time. This is at Palo Duro Canyon if anyone wants to look it up to get an idea of what sort of trails I'm on.

Comanche is a pretty good trail. I don't know what system is the best way to describe the trail, but it's a 'black diamond' on the map I use. Lots of up and down, a lot of rock, and pretty technical. The Abajo Peak did great. I like how it climbs and it's also great on the longer downhill portions that have a lot of rock. It feels very stable and I'm really liking how it feels on the tight/fast corners.

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-1-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-2-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-3-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-4-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-5-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-6-.jpg

Last two pics are aoudad (last pic is just for reference, you can't really see them in the last pic). I enjoy all of the wildlife at Palo Duro Canyon.

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-7-.jpg

Abajo Peak Ordered-1-8-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Abajo Peak Ordered-screenshot_20190928-130816_strava.jpg

At about 98 miles on the Abajo.

No negatives to report.

I'm settling in on it. Getting use to the differences between it and my other bike.

For me, it's quite an improvement... so far in my times and maybe most of all, my comfort.

Another thing I've noticed is how much better I can jump and land under control. That might say more about my (lack of) skills than the bike though.

My other tries were 2.2s and my Abajo has 2.8s. I'm really liking the 2.8s and at this point I'm guessing I'll stick with them.

I did add a mud guard on the front. I'm guessing the wider ties (also bigger knobs) just throw up more dirt, sand, mud, etc. Mud guard seems good so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a seemingly random question for you Abajo owners... Does it really have a bsa threaded bottom bracket? Is that a 73mm bb shell?* any idea of q factor? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using ****************android_app_mtbr

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua79109 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190928-130816_Strava.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1282529

At about 98 miles on the Abajo.

No negatives to report.

I'm settling in on it. Getting use to the differences between it and my other bike.

For me, it's quite an improvement... so far in my times and maybe most of all, my comfort.

Another thing I've noticed is how much better I can jump and land under control. That might say more about my (lack of) skills than the bike though.

My other tries were 2.2s and my Abajo has 2.8s. I'm really liking the 2.8s and at this point I'm guessing I'll stick with them.

I did add a mud guard on the front. I'm guessing the wider ties (also bigger knobs) just throw up more dirt, sand, mud, etc. Mud guard seems good so far.
    Thanks for the updates and great pictures. I ordered a couple weeks ago, and an anxiously monitoring my email. I'm about 5'7" and they said medium was right, it's what I was leaving towards too.

I switched out for SLX brakes w/180mm rotors and got the x fusion dropper too. I'll put on carbon wheels, different tires, and a GX cassette as well, and likely carbon handlebars once I get the fit dialed as well as the needed personal saddle choice and grips.

How big of a water bottle can you fit in your medium? Any chance you can take a photo with one in the frame? I'm trying to plan out my hydration options...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Thanks for the updates and great pictures. I ordered a couple weeks ago, and an anxiously monitoring my email. I'm about 5'7" and they said medium was right, it's what I was leaving towards too.

I switched out for SLX brakes w/180mm rotors and got the x fusion dropper too. I'll put on carbon wheels, different tires, and a GX cassette as well, and likely carbon handlebars once I get the fit dialed as well as the needed personal saddle choice and grips.

How big of a water bottle can you fit in your medium? Any chance you can take a photo with one in the frame? I'm trying to plan out my hydration options...

I haven't added a water bottle yet. I use a Camelback.

I will need to get a water bottle on before it heats back up outside. I use one on my hardtail.

Sounds like you'll have a nice bike when you're through with it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua79109 View Post
    I haven't added a water bottle yet. I use a Camelback.

I will need to get a water bottle on before it heats back up outside. I use one on my hardtail.

Sounds like you'll have a nice bike when you're through with it!
    Supposed to come tomorrow! I'll take some photos and a weight when it does before I start changing things around

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    One oversized bottle barely fits the medium.

Tried to upload a pic, but canít make it work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm going in boys, report, weights, disappointments, stoke to follow

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Everything went together easily. Rotors were true, though the front had a tiny tiny wobble. Enough to barely rub the brake, but I'll take care of it.

There were traces of grease here and there, which is good, though I did add some to stem bolts when I installed handlebars. Dropper came with it partially dropped, and slammed to fit in the box. They fortunately left some extra slack in the cable/housing so I should be able to just pull it out without resizing.

A had then make a few changes before shipping the bike and they were all done. Sweet!

The bike feels lighter than it should. I'll get a weight tomorrow. As mentioned I will be changing tires, because I like to pedal a lot, and these things are beefy.

I need to look under the grip or measure but these bars seem very wide. I run 750 mm now, so we'll see where they landed.

The only bad: the thru axle uses a hex, which I didn't realize but I'm not a huge fan of. Oh well. So I start loosening it and it came out REALLY poorly. Definitely metal stripped on the threads. It made an awful noise.

I applied generous grease and reinstalled VERY gently, and it went on okay. Hopefully there's no lasting issue.... But it was disappointing. I think it's probable this came from the (Xfusion) factory like that, so I can't really blame fezzari.

More to come!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I'm also interested in this bike, so thanks for all the feedback. Just curious, I rented the Cascade Peak and loved it but the Abajo is more in my price range (barring a black friday sale on the cascade). Can anyone speak to the differences between the two bikes? I wanted to demo the Abajo but it wasn't available (you guys bought them all!). How is the suspension? It seems like X-Fusion is disliked by anyone who's never owned it and loved by those who do. But the Cascade upgrades are pretty substantial.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by da_kube View Post
    I'm also interested in this bike, so thanks for all the feedback. Just curious, I rented the Cascade Peak and loved it but the Abajo is more in my price range (barring a black friday sale on the cascade). Can anyone speak to the differences between the two bikes? I wanted to demo the Abajo but it wasn't available (you guys bought them all!). How is the suspension? It seems like X-Fusion is disliked by anyone who's never owned it and loved by those who do. But the Cascade upgrades are pretty substantial.
    Main upgrades are: The GX stuff is lighter, which I don't often care about, but the NX cassette is a bit of a boat anchor. I had this upgraded from Fezzari to my Abajo.
    XFusion: the xfusion mcqueen got great reviews. I have ridden x fusion before and always been happy. I don't know much about the shock, but I am not a suspension expert. I have found things to dislike about any fork I've owned, but never enough to actually make me dislike them as a whole. The money was not worth it for me to go cascade based on that.
    color: this gray looks great. I'll post detail photos this weekend.
    dropper: add the dropper. This bike with a rigid post is a waste! Droppers are worth the weight penalty. Whether you add your own aftermarket or do the $200 upgrade to x fusion is your call (which comes on the cascade I think)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Weight for a Medium, completely stock, with tubes:
    - With X-fusion Dropper
    - With upgrade to Sram GX Cassette (1275)
    - no pedals, no bottle cage

32.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    @tfinator thanks for the info! I was visiting a friend and luckily I was able to visit Fezzari. The cement and desert tan look awesome but a lot of their bikes have great color choices.

Just curious how much the GX cassette was to upgrade? I think you gotta do hubs and maybe other stuff, right? Iím also considering a YT Jeffsy and Stumpy al so I might end up with the NX. Pretty cool that Fezzari can customize these bikes. I feel like itís a custom bike at budget prices, so this company is really impressing me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    So they have to swap the free hub to XD to put on the GX cassette. Just call and ask the cost, it takes them about 2 minutes to give you an answer. You can email too and they're very responsive.

I also swapped to slx brakes w/ slx 180mm F/R rotors.

Not being dodgy, just don't want to quote prices that maybe they won't/can't honor anymore.

They charged me less than MSRP to do so though, so they gave me some credit because they get to keep the NX cassette, which is nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Yea makes total sense. I did ask to upgrade to the cascade guide R brakes once and it wasnít too much money. Sounds like you got a cascade spec bike for a lot less money. Good deal!

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    They charged me 14 bucks to to swap from a 32 tooth down to a 30 tooth chain ring. Not bad.

Iíve been happy with x fusion so far. My 09 fsr xc comp has an 02 rl(?) rear shock. Been drop dead reliable.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Finally got to ride today, but only briefly. Still a lot to do as my saddle position is a little off, and levers need to be moved around, I haven't done anything with the suspension etc. But good to get the shake down out of the way.

With some more time and fine tuning I'll try to share thoughts on the ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Got in a better ride yesterday, about 20 miles. I got a little more comfortable, and can tell this is going to be a great bike.

I've never had a FS with this much travel, so consider the source.

The suspension feels great and the bike is confidence inspiring. I did a downhill that on average takes me about 2:35, and strava says my PR is 2:18. Yesterday I did it really relaxed to keep myself in check as I'm not familiar with the bike, but i still did it in 2:29. I was taking it really easy, so I can imagine where I'll go from here!

Climbing felt good. It's definitely not as spritely as my Fourstroke, but that is completely expected. I prefer to sit and spin, and this bike feels great for that. Standing seemed okay, but I could feel some sag. Still experimenting with body position.

Other than moving levers, etc I'm not changing the cockpit at all to see how the fezzari fit does for me. After some miles to get accustomed it feels good, but needs more time to work out the kinks.

The x fusion dropper is butter. The NX shifting is also.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Got in another ride, a little under 30 miles this weekend. The bike is really fun to ride. The slack HA/ short CS means I really need to lean it more than my other bike, and rely on steering less. It feels like a lot of grip when I do it though.

It's definitely less efficient when pedaling, but again, that's compared to a pure-xc bike.

One thing that really tickles me is how QUIET this thing is. Note the hubs it comes with are pretty loud, but I have DT350s on it now, which are very very quiet. It feels silent, which makes it feel great when blasting over stuff.

I'm still holding back some so I don't get myself in too much trouble, but I know it'll happen soon anyway.

I have a section of trail that is a few minutes of very twisty, flat, narrow singletrack with trees encroaching all over. With an extra 30mm on the bars from my previous bike and longer WB overall it was a challenge. I think it'll end up being okay, but there's going to be a learning curve to deal with certain obstacles differently.

Anything that involves using the suspension is butter. I haven't even gotten in to the top of the travel on a ride yet, but it still feels so so so much better than the off or on feeling of the xc bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I did ten miles with 2k elevation today in Rocky chunk. I'm pretty out of shape so I took it slow. Impressions:

The recommended pressure on the fork is very high. There's some really good chunky square edged stuff there, but I never got past 110mm on the fork and 100 on the shock. I didn't want to make a bunch of changes right out of the gate, but at 10 hours they should be broken in, and I need to adjust.

There's a ton of steep, loose, ruts, rocks, ledges both down and up today. Bike did great up. I did a couple tight technical turns I had not done successfully before.

I did mess up a number of uphill switchbacks. The short chain stay and long/slack fork make this a different beast than my previous bike. I started to get the hang of it by the end of the ride, but it'll take a little more attention.

Overall, it felt great and in looking forward to hitting those trails again. Also, I kicked up a giant rock and it made me glad I don't have a carbon bike anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Tfinator, really loving these updates. Keep 'em coming!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Tfinator, really loving these updates. Keep 'em coming!
    Ha, thanks, I'm glad someone's listening. There's not a ton of info out there on this bike other than some ride reviews, but those are always suspect.

What kept happening on tight uphill switchbacks is I was used to a longer CS and steeper HA. These factors made it easy to direct that previous bike to the outside of the switch, the ideal line. This thing turns so much quicker that I kept ending up on the very inside and steepest part, and having to really crank whole needing to turn.

This bike requires more patience to wait for the turn in. Took about 5 dabs for me to figure it out.

By the way, I do a lot of pedaling on hard pack, so I ditched the tires. I have 2.35 ardent race rear and 2.4 XR4 front. These are working nicely. I still need to adjust the suspension as mentioned, but popping off rocks and things is very very easy.. and fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Ha, thanks, I'm glad someone's listening. There's not a ton of info out there on this bike other than some ride reviews, but those are always suspect.

Yes, I'm more inclined to trust your review of the bike over the "professional" review that said "Fezzari knocked our socks off. And then we put them back on and rode the bike." That sounds like pay to play turned up to 11.

That said, I remain impressed with the company. I recently heard this podcast (https://thebuildcycle.podbean.com/e/...hris-washburn/) with the owner and I was really impressed with their attention to fitting, as well as their customization of components. They've also emailed all 1386 emails I sent them, so there's that.

You said it didn't climb as well as your XC, but would you say it climbs pretty well? I felt like that was the weakest spot on the Cascade I rode but I was riding at higher altitude and different terrain than I'm used to. When I saw "weakest spot" too that's to say that it almost, but not quite, knocked my socks off everywhere else. It was the first time I rode a FS bike at any length of time, so maybe I'm not used to it, but it felt like it had a slight bounce to it when pedaling, even on straights. Could just be a misperception because my rides were pretty efficient overall. As mentioned, it's my first year riding. I'm super green.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes, I'm more inclined to trust your review of the bike over the "professional" review that said "Fezzari knocked our socks off. And then we put them back on and rode the bike." That sounds like pay to play turned up to 11.

That said, I remain impressed with the company. I recently heard this podcast (https://thebuildcycle.podbean.com/e/...hris-washburn/) with the owner and I was really impressed with their attention to fitting, as well as their customization of components. They've also emailed all 1386 emails I sent them, so there's that.

You said it didn't climb as well as your XC, but would you say it climbs pretty well? I felt like that was the weakest spot on the Cascade I rode but I was riding at higher altitude and different terrain than I'm used to. When I saw "weakest spot" too that's to say that it almost, but not quite, knocked my socks off everywhere else. It was the first time I rode a FS bike at any length of time, so maybe I'm not used to it, but it felt like it had a slight bounce to it when pedaling, even on straights. Could just be a misperception because my rides were pretty efficient overall. As mentioned, it's my first year riding. I'm super green.
    It's hard to give an answer because I'll need to really dial in the suspension to find out. Climbing rocky chunk, ledges, etc it is better than my xc bike.

When it comes to steep the front wanders due to the slack HA. It's manageable but I need more time. It's not as good on loose for me at the moment because I'm still figuring out weight distribution to keep the front planted and the rear hooked up.

I was on my last bike for 2.5 years, as my only bike. So the differences are apparent, and I only have about 12 hours on the AP.

Note that I sit and spin a lot. So full suspension climbing is still really efficient for my style.

A couple times yesterday on unfamiliar trails I was caught off guard by a sudden up hill. I could drop one gear and stand/Sprint. The bike reacted well. Really well actually, better than anticipated.

But one of these turned into a real climb, and there was a definite drop off where I was slowing down and it became very inefficient. I realized it was time to sit and drop gears for spinning.

So once you lose momentum, standing will be a drag. But if you need a burst of speed, it will give it to you

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Wish I could stand on my pedals, let alone climb out of the saddle. My knee isnít there yet I have ride my Abajo seated the entire time.

Iím extremely impressed at how well mine pedals. If Iím on pavement I can see the linkage move. I just canít feel it. My only other fs bike is a 26" fsr xc 120mm bike. It bobs like a pogo stick in granny ring up front. Less so in the middle, but not even close to the efficiency of my Abajo. Both are Horst link but way different.

Longest ride has been 9 miles, average is about 5. I get saddle sore before my legs do. Unfortunately the weather only gives me me about 1 day a week. If I could get 3 days a week Iíd heal quicker and get rid of the saddle soreness. Love my bike!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

One thing that really tickles me is how QUIET this thing is. Note the hubs it comes with are pretty loud, but I have DT350s on it now, which are very very quiet. It feels silent, which makes it feel great when blasting over stuff.

Tfinator, just curious about the stock wheels, specifically the bear pawl hubs. Anything you didn't like about them? I lucked into wheels with DT350 hubs and I love them on my hard tail, so I can see myself making the same swap (and maybe carbon rims) that you did but I figured the stock rims were good enough to get me going.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Tfinator, just curious about the stock wheels, specifically the bear pawl hubs. Anything you didn't like about them? I lucked into wheels with DT350 hubs and I love them on my hard tail, so I can see myself making the same swap (and maybe carbon rims) that you did but I figured the stock rims were good enough to get me going.
    Nope, just wanted to keep the bike light and wanted 350s so went to carbon rims etc right away. The wheels have a good look to them out of the box, and that's all I know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    The stock bear pawls drive me nuts. Iíve never had a bike with loud hubs before. Iím looking for quiet hubs. I ride a bicycle not motorcycle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Yea Bujibiker, I know what you mean. I guess theyíre fairly durable, though, right? I havenít heard much about those hubs. I figure wheels are something Iíll upgrade within a year or two so I wasnít too concerned. But I live in Pa. Itís great not scaring away all the great wildlife. On my road bike Iíve been able to scare the crap out of all sorts of things.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Theyíve been reliable. I only have about 75 miles on the bike. Iíve tested loud bikes, but never, ever owned one till now. From a schwinn stingray as tike to now this is the only loud bike that makes noise.

I bowhunt so Iím very sensitive to loud sounds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Is there anything anyone doesn't like about the abajo or something that might be worth an upgrade? There isn't a lot of info on the hubs, but WTB wheels have a great reputation. Also, did everyone go with the 29er? I heard the 27.5+ is worth considering because I ride rocky, wet trails. I'm used to a 29er, but I rode the 27.5+ and also enjoyed it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    The only negative for me was I couldnít get it in OD Green.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    FYI, after adding carbon wheels, bars, going tubeless, GX cassette, didn't tires line came out to 29.8lbs, sans pedals, bottle cage, etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    What frame size are you @tfinator? What wheels did you go with? I was thinking of waiting a year and then getting Reynolds or similar carbon (thatís a lot of scratch for a guy like me) or, if I get impatient, get something like the Hunts, which are pretty light and have decent hubs, engagement wise. Where I ride, ratcheting is as common as pedaling.

Iím going to ask Fezzari what they take off if you donít get wheels, but Iím going to assume itís not much. Maybe $100. I would prefer better wheels and their next step up is Stans S1 with neo hubs. Iíve heard they arenít very durable.
    Last edited by da_kube; 1 Day Ago at 04:51 PM. Reason: Spelled handle wrong.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Thatís pretty good weight. Got another 10 miles today. Thatís a record post surgery.

Anybody know what the shock length is for a medium frame? X Fusion has shock calculator Iíd like to try out.