abajo peak- Mtbr.com

Thread: abajo peak

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

abajo peak

I would like to see any feedback on the new abajo peak 29er. either good or bad. thinking seriously of getting one. btw I am a clyde at 265 so wandering how it will hold up. I ride mostly trails, nothing big

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    bump

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnbike View Post
    I would like to see any feedback on the new abajo peak 29er. either good or bad. thinking seriously of getting one. btw I am a clyde at 265 so wandering how it will hold up. I ride mostly trails, nothing big

I love my abajo peak. I have had it about 6 months and I have put about 500 miles of dirt and rocks and rough terrain on it and it has taken it very well. Let me know if you have any specific questions
    Last edited by ma67cpe; 04-01-2019 at 06:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    any other reports on the abajo peak 29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Hey All, just an FYI , I called Fezzari today to ask about the Abajo Peak availability. As of today the cement color frame across all sizes was 6 weeks out. Once the frames come in they go through the build process(about 4 weeks or less). According to the salesperson I spoke with, the build team would do their best to get the bikes finished and shipped. I did not inquire about the cherry color frames.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Has anyone bought the abajo in the 27.5+? I'm thinking very hard about purchasing one of these bikes and I'm deciding between the 29er or the 27.5+. I have never been on a plus sized bike, so just figured I'd get opinions on what people have thought

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaterratr View Post
    Has anyone bought the abajo in the 27.5+? I'm thinking very hard about purchasing one of these bikes and I'm deciding between the 29er or the 27.5+. I have never been on a plus sized bike, so just figured I'd get opinions on what people have thought

I know one guy that got it with the 29 option and didn't like it so fezzari just charged him the original 100.00 charge and sent him the 27.5 plus. May want to ask them if that could be an option for you so you can decide what you like on the bike itself I figured I would reply here as well just so you saw it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Iíve had mine for a month now.

Iíll start with the bad first: I canít ride it...for 9 more months! Had knee surgery 2 weeks ago. Ordered it 5 days before I blew out my knee for (hopefully) the last time.

The good, but a little history first. I only ride, not race XC. Iíve had a 92 gt timberline, 02 Gary Fisher Tassajara, 09 FSR XC Comp, and the Abajo Peak. This my first 29 er. I hated 29 er bikes when they first came out. At 5í7" they rode like runaway log trucks. Took a chance on Fezarri after trying a fuel ex7, and a jet 9.

This bike exceeds my expectations even as a budget bike. I climb, descend, brake, turn every trail faster than I thought possible. I havenít felt any bob when climbing, the fsr (3x chainring) bobs without using the trail setting. Iíve road clipless since 2002. Bought deity flats for this ride. I was still faster in running shoes and a bad knee vs the fsr with spdís.
    First time running SRAM, Eagle, or anything less than a 3x set up.

My medium weighs 33.75 lbs with a manic dropper post, deity composite pedals and tubed minions. Thatís 3/4 of lb more than my 26" fsr. I did get the 30 tooth chainring as I donít and wonít have iron legs for quite awhile.

I may replace the no eagle with 12 speed xt down the road but Iím pleased with sram as is. I love this bike, itís amazing.