Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ambassador of Chub
    Since this is evolving from footwear to handwear...

Wolftooth pogies are my current favorite and the most versatile pogie I've used. Big usable temp range, warmer than I expected for not being bulky, easy to vent. If it warms up enough that I don't need them and I'm on a long ride, I just detach them from the handlebar plug ends and fold/slide them toward the stem and they are conveniently out of the way.

But when it's truly cold (-10ļF or more), Dogwoods are what I reach for.

Back to footwear:

Still loving my Old Man Winters down to the single digits.

Below that, I put on flat, composite pedals and wear Merrell Polarand 8s with 400g of insulation and felt wool insoles.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    Pogies are a game changer. I thought they would be cumbersome as well, but nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Since this is evolving from footwear to handwear...

Wolftooth pogies are my current favorite and the most versatile pogie I've used. Big usable temp range, warmer than I expected for not being bulky, easy to vent. If it warms up enough that I don't need them and I'm on a long ride, I just detach them from the handlebar plug ends and fold/slide them toward the stem and they are conveniently out of the way.

But when it's truly cold (-10ļF or more), Dogwoods are what I reach for.

Back to footwear:

Still loving my Old Man Winters down to the single digits.

Below that, I put on flat, composite pedals and wear Merrell Polarand 8s with 400g of insulation and felt wool insoles.
    thx for the answers and sorry for the derail!!!!
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Iíve been on flats for a few winter riding seasons now. Iím currently running a pair of Freerider EPSís (high tops) down to about 5F. A pair of old Sorels like these, with heavily worn Vibram soles, hook me up below that. They grip nearly as well as Stealth rubber, and can handle -20. I generally donít ride below that.
    I highly recommend this route. Itís simple, effective, and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Vasque Lost 40 mukluks with Syntace Number Nine flat pedals. Just couldnít be happier with this combo

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sloth View Post
    Curious if anyone has tried KEEN Men's Winterhaven Waterproof Hiking Boot and what your comments are for winter biking?

The Winterhaven's are waterproof, ankle high and have a flat bottom, similar to something you would find on recommended 5Ten MTB style shoes for flats. Drawback on the Keen Winterhaven is the laces without a velcro securing strap but that could be easy to deal with. Not sure how rigid the soles are.

I might move forward on these unless anyone can say differently. I'll buy them one size larger to fit my thick Sealskin waterproof winter MTB socks.

I suppose I should mention that I'm not too interested in being out biking in temps that drop into or below single digits F.

Update: I finally sourced a fat bike and was able to get out riding yesterday. I can't believe I waited for so long to get a fat bike, ended up with "new, old stock" 2014 Norco Bigfoot. Bought it private party where the guy probably didn't put more than 20-30 miles on it, it honestly looked like it had never been ridden. Enough about that since this thread is a winter boots review thread, but I'm certainly hooked!

I did purchase the Keen boots in the link. Purchased one size larger than what I normally wear to accommodate the SealSkin really thick socks. The boot has a stamp inside that claims down to -4f (-20c), I'm not sure if I would agree with that assessment solely based on observation of the level of insulation, the insulation does not look overly thick. Although I do want to mention my feet never got cold yesterday.

As mentioned, socks worn were SealSkin thick MTB calve-high waterproof socks. 1 size larger on the boot which meant there was plenty of toe box to accommodate the thick sock and room for my toes to move around, not being constricted which can cause issues with circulation.

Trail (CO mountains at 8500 ft) was fully covered with snow and temps encountered on my ride 24f-28f, so not overly cold. Using cheap flat pedals that have composite cores with aluminum frame/spikes (those will be swapped with Race Face Chesters when I get them). Pedal grip on these boots was unbelievable and the Chesters might even be better since the Chesters are side symmetrical unlike my current pedals.

The boot sole is not super stiff but certainly more stiff than a Vans/Converse style shoe that the Keen's low portion of the boot resemble by looks only. The bottom grip is not very optimal for hiking in snow but I didn't experience any "oh ****" moments walking around or ascending on trail. I would prefer a stiffer sole and meatier tread pattern for snow hiking. However, going back to the grip I got with these boots on flats, I was extremely impressed.

Overall, I do like these boots based upon a single use and the setup and conditions described. I'm confident my setup will work fine into the Fahrenheit teens and if you are confident with regards to primarily riding and not hike-a-bike. The high top design provided a good, secure protective feeling without being overly confining. I may consider finding some short, breathable gators for days where there is fresh snow.

So, there you go. Not perfect but warm, incredible pedal grip, very comfortable and non-restrictive.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I may consider finding some short, breathable gators for days where there is fresh snow.
    Having done this for a while, you want the longest most durable gators you can find, not the shortest and most breathable. The 45nrth ones are ok, OR makes some even heavier duty stuff. Also buy them a size larger, makes putting them on and off easier and you can set them a bit big/loose to work with some varying sizes of shoes, instead of having to max them out for one particular pair.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    https://www.fishwest.com/p/simms-gra...SABEgJcUfD_BwE I have something like these for warmer days. Go on tight enough with just velcro and ez off and on. Can't vouch for this brand.

mtbr member
    Saw this in Deals. Comfy boot, Lake 303, order a size up.
    Great for 10-40 degrees F.

https://www.bikeshoes.com/Lake-MXZ30...ke-Shoes-2016/

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Having done this for a while, you want the longest most durable gators you can find, not the shortest and most breathable.
    I actually have an older pair of OR calf high breathable gators but was thinking they'd be a bit much if I were already wearing breathable snow pant shells. That would only be with fresh and falling snow though. I certainly could try them out first since the price is right, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeist View Post
    https://www.fishwest.com/p/simms-gra...SABEgJcUfD_BwE I have something like these for warmer days.
    Funny your posted that as I also have a set of those for fly fishing. Never considered them, they are definitely not breathable but are short and also priced right too. Thx.

Rode again today, I'm hooked!

Elitest thrill junkie
    I actually have an older pair of OR calf high breathable gators but was thinking they'd be a bit much if I were already wearing breathable snow pant shells. That would only be with fresh and falling snow though. I certainly could try them out first since the price is right, thx.
    Perhaps, I have similar pants that I sometimes use, although most of the time I'm using more breathable XC ski pants, but having tromped around in a lot of snow, the thicker/longer gaiters are nice to have IME. Just yesterday I had to put my foot down in some overflow, which later froze, but the bigger thicker gaiters seem to help boost the water-proofness of your setup if you quickly recover your foot out, it gives the water something to adhere to and freeze to, rather than your inner linings. Then there's the tromping around deep snow that you just never plan for.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Elitest thrill junkie
    Not bad I just ordered these:

45NRTH Wolfgar Winter Cycling Boot - MY18 in Tree Fort Bikes Winter Cycling Shoes

Going for the max now, plus price not bad at 355 (for what they are).

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    In addition to the 303s, Lake 400s are going for $240 at bikeshoes.com. Comfy, but I found them a bit too much for around here (SE MI).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I picked up a pair of Korkers Polar Vortex 600 for work, but I rode with them this afternoon and they were perfect. 600 grams of Thinsulate and my vapor barrier socks and my feet were toasty the whole ride. They stuck like glue to my Race Face Chesters.
    Kay9Cop, great review on the Korkers. However, I've got a question. You say they stick like glue to your RF Cesters. I've got RF Atlas.

It looks as if you pick which sole you want to go with on any given day. With the sole being removable, do they stay in place or slip/move around as they aren't permanent?

I'm really intrigued as the hiking boots I wore during yesterdays race moved all over the place on my Atlas'. I went with flats as the coarse was muddy and thought they would be a better "oh sh*t I need to put my foot down so as not to fall in the mud" option than clipping into my Wolvhammers. I want a winter riding boot that's gonna stick like my 5 Ten Freerider Pros.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    On a side note as I just found this thread while searching for winter flats boots, the Wolvhammers are worth every penny. Buy yourself a pair! For all the years you'll own them they are worth the price. I've ridden at around 0F in them with a pair of SmartWool snowboarding socks and my feet stay toasty warm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    On Trek's CX coarse... (yeah it's a Rocky Mountain Blizzard but I also own 2 Treks)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter Biking Boots-tn_20180303_122222.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 101 View Post
    I think those [45NRTH Cobrafist] are probably overkill unless you're pretty far North. While they might have application for extremely cold days further south, you may find more versatility with something like this:

Redwall Pogies ‚ÄĒ Bedrock Bags

I use these with various glove combinations underneath depending on the weather. It gives you a pretty good range of versatility.
    Sorry for little off-topic, but since you already had it going on... What would you recommend for temperature range of +5 ⁰C ... -25 ⁰C (41 ⁰F ... -13 ⁰F). I have currently neoprene mitts, and they work pretty well, but somewhere -15 ⁰C (5 ⁰F) they start to be too cold. Of course I can compensate that with thicker gloves, but then driving becomes bulky.

The problem is, I want to attach the pogies when winter comes, and take them off next time when winter has gone. So the pogies should be quite worry free even if they get wet. From this point of view, neoprene has worked really well. I use my fatbike for commuting and for 2-3 hour bike rides.

Mostly I have been looking for the 45NRTH Cobrafists. But I'm unsure if they are too hot for warmer days, and could they take damage if becoming wet and then freezing. On the other hand they have good looking ventilation system, so at least that should help the warmer days.

Then there is Wolftooth Singletrack pogies, but I wonder if they can offer me anything over my current pogies.

The Bedrock Redwall pogies look good, but there isn't too much comments to be found of them. How would they work on the conditions I described?

Revelate Designs Williwaw would probably be my choice, but they are hard to find here (I live in Finland), and I don't like the fleece lining they are using (cancer risk; I might be oversensitive here, but because there are other options, I'm willing to skip these).

Hotpog Arctic pogies
    look good too, but there isn't too much information to be found on them either. How would they handle the warmer days etc.

Opinions which one I should chooce? Or should I pick for example the Cobrafists and just get used to remove them for warmer days?

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I think the bedrock posies arenít going to be warm enough for you. In those temps, the Cobrafists would probably be more applicable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Okay, thanks for the comment. Cobrafists are also the easiest to buy here, so I will probably end up getting them, because there are at least some reviews so I have some kind of idea what I'm getting. Other options look good too, but without 3rd party comments, reviews etc. it's hard to know what they really are.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    https://www.amazon.com/Exustar-SHOES.../dp/B01FT76ZUW
    I have an older version of these, bought them a size bigger. They work well and rode em in -8 in Northern Illinois Jan 1st. The major problem is where the spd cleats are, going to try thermal insoles. I ride these on my cross and fatty. When snows deep or if there's frozen ice/snow I put on flats and use my Columbia winter hikers.
    The key is room for your toes!

mtbr member
    What he said^^^. I use the L.L.Bean snow sneakers. They are too warm above single digits, but but are great below it. For me at least. But I don't wear insulated boots much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Snow Dog
    I got these last winter. i love 'em. I felt like I had to break in the sole a bit to make it flexible enough...just a few rides and some snow shoveling in them, but my feet NEVER got cold in them...used an REI merino wool liner, and then some Merino wool socks one of my students gave me. Eventually, I just used the liner b/c it was a bit claustrophobic with both on in the boot....temps down to 0*F

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

n00b
    Bring this back to the top!
    Looking at the Bugaboots.
    Are they wide at all?
    Are they warm enough?
    They will mostly be for my 20 mile commute.
    Need a warm boot. 0 F is damn cold and I dont want to mess around with a halfass warm boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    instagram@krigloch

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigloch View Post
    Bring this back to the top!
    Looking at the Bugaboots.
    Are they wide at all?
    Are they warm enough?
    They will mostly be for my 20 mile commute.
    Need a warm boot. 0 F is damn cold and I dont want to mess around with a halfass warm boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I'd recommend something (not necessarily these exact ones) more like this: https://www.rei.com/product/138035/c...RoCQ7sQAvD_BwE

Notice the sole is flat, that should mesh much better with flat pedals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Am I the only one that uses snowmobile boots on my fatbike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Scored a pair of Lake 303s in a clearance sale in 2017 but they sat on a shelf until I finally decided last week that I needed a bike to go with them. Just a caasual 1.5 hour today in -16f, toes were slightly cold at the end but actually the tops of my quads were stinging more.

I like Lakes, I have a pair of Lake mb shoes I bought new in 2004 that are still going without duct tape.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikbur View Post
    Am I the only one that uses snowmobile boots on my fatbike?
    Not at all! How many are or have used Sorels for flat pedal use. Weight wise, sled boots are in the same area of Sorels.
    Now if only there were heat exchangers on my damn pedals!

Another issue for those of us using flat pedals is tread pattern on the soles of so many winter boots being too widely spaced so traction pins are meaningless as the boot wallows around over em.

One item that disappeared from the market is Five Ten's C4 resole kit.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by marilyn_monroad View Post
    Scored a pair of Lake 303s in a clearance sale in 2017 but they sat on a shelf until I finally decided last week that I needed a bike to go with them. Just a caasual 1.5 hour today in -16f, toes were slightly cold at the end but actually the tops of my quads were stinging more.

I like Lakes, I have a pair of Lake mb shoes I bought new in 2004 that are still going without duct tape.
    I have a pair of boots that I never wear that still look like new
    Blaine, Mn

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i got these Vans North Face Sk8 Hi last year, I ride groomed trails in Michigan mostly and they keep my feet happy. I wear tall thin ski socks. If its singe digits Ill wear thicker/wool socks, these have plenty of cushy room inside. Wide leg snow pants cover the top of the shoe from getting snow inside for the most part, just gotta be careful if post holing in the deep fluff.

Winter Biking Boots-imgrc0072514826.jpg

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Black4esT View Post
    i got these Vans North Face Sk8 Hi last year, I ride groomed trails in Michigan mostly and they keep my feet happy. I wear tall thin ski socks. If its singe digits Ill wear thicker/wool socks, these have plenty of cushy room inside. Wide leg snow pants cover the top of the shoe from getting snow inside for the most part, just gotta be careful if post holing in the deep fluff.
    Snow gaiters.

fat guy on a little bike
    Dec 2006
    Snow gaiters.
    agreed. without gaiters, snow gets packed into my achilles. i have a pair of gaiters from rei combined with the LL Bean snow sneakers. There are 3 different kinds of snow sneakers. i got the pair with the chunky "Artic Grip". Warm, waterproof, decent flat pedal grip and they have gaiter loops. win/win.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1182...ip-mid-lace-up

Rocking on a Rocky
    I just picked up a some TNF Tsumoru Boot so far so good 3 1/2 hours riding at -18C no cold toes.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

Keep on Rockin...
    In an effort to cater to appearances boot makers neglect the need for a large toe box on most winter boots. Winter cycling shoes are amongst the biggest offenders.

Without a large roomy toe box all the fluff and features are near worthless. (Two close seconds are thick soles and waterproofing.)

Old fashioned pack boot makers get this concept, that's about it.

Makers of cycling shoes can sure trimly down on bulk and features of their boots and still make them warm - if they only focused on more room in the toe box area.

For example, the Lakes I owned did a wonderful job at everything - except giving my toes enough room to stay warm. Those boots had more bell's and whistles than the space shuttle (buckles, knobs, cables, straps, etc...) but in an effort to look stylish they refused to do away with that darn sleek toe box. Sold'm to a friend for next to nothing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    REI has the Columbia 600gr bugaboot on sale for $120.00 in limited sizes, With a couple of dividends they came in under $100 they should be here on Monday. Not knowing if I will stick with winter biking I didnt want dedicated boots not to mention prices.

https://www.rei.com/product/138034/c...now-boots-mens

Still playing with gloves inorder to see what may or may not work will most likely order some pogies if I decide to stick with it.
    Blaine, Mn

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Received the above mentioned Bugaboot from REI and got one ride in and my feet did not get cold today, Todays ride was 15F my last ride with old boot was 25F and I had cold feet.
    Not sure if it was totaly the boot or the fact that I ordered one size larger than my normal size thus giving better blood flow and more trapped air around the foot either way I am happy my feet did not get cold.

I just order a pair of Wolftooth Pogies from Amazon for $35 to try and address my cold hands next. At this price I figured why not. Once again kinda leary about ordering these at $35 seeing as everyone else is selling around $100 guess I will find out.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Tooth-Co...lftooth+pogies
    Last edited by Iffykid; 1 Week Ago at 10:33 PM.
    Blaine, Mn

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffykid View Post
    Received the above mentioned Bugaboot from REI and got one ride in and my feet did not get cold today, Todays ride was 15F my last ride with old boot was 25F and I had cold feet.
    Not sure if it was totaly the boot or the fact that I ordered one size larger than my normal size thus giving better blood flow and more trapped air around the foot either way I am happy my feet did not get cold.

I just order a pair of Wolftooth Pogies from Amazon for $35 to try and address my cold hands next. At this price I figured why not.

How'd those boots do other than keeping you warm?

Too bulky or heavy?

How are they for walking around in?

Buying a boot that I can use off the bike is way less risky a proposition.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    How'd those boots do other than keeping you warm?

Too bulky or heavy? A little more bulk than say my Irish Setter insulated boot but not as bulky and heavy as a Sorel Pac type boot

How are they for walking around in?
    About typical for any new footwear felt stiff and new but didnt feel overly clumsy walking or driving initially and by the time I got back home from my ride I had already forgot they were new boots.

Buying a boot that I can use off the bike is way less risky a proposition. Was one of the main reasons I took a chance.

I was kinda leary of ordering something that I couldnt physically touch, But for me I have a REI within a few miles so I could return no questions asked if I didnt like them.

I like them on and off the bike so I will not be returning them I needed a replacement for my 15yr old Irish Setters anyway so it was a win win. They are not something I would typically just slip on to run to the grocery store even living in Minnesota.
    Blaine, Mn

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    The arch on the Bugaboot was a non issue for me riding on Chester pedals. YMMV

Bugaboot 3lb 6oz size 9 vs Sorel Pac 4lb 4oz size 8 for comparison only as individual boot size is obviously going to vary the boot weight.

As mentioned in other reviews the top two eyelits (4 per Boot)are not speed lacers which I didnt find a hinderance but it is something you might consider.
    Blaine, Mn

mtbr member
    I'd recommend something (not necessarily these exact ones) more like this: https://www.rei.com/product/138035/c...RoCQ7sQAvD_BwE

Notice the sole is flat, that should mesh much better with flat pedals.
    I picked up a pair of these exact boots(Columbia Fairbanks) in grey last month(and a set of Kona Wah Wah 2 composite pedals), and have been very happy. Only a few rides so far with lowest temp was in the mid teens. They are really light and super comfy so I'm using them as my primary winter boot for everything right now, not just riding. They are pretty flexible compared to bike specific winter boots, which I actually like for winter riding as I feel it helps keep my feet warmer. I just wear a pair of thick Smartwool socks and my feet have been toasty warm. I got them at REI using a coupon and they were around $90.

Last season I used a set of 45NRTH Wolvhammer and clipless pedals. While they did a decent job of keeping my feet warm, they were stiffer than I like and not nearly as comfortable. After trying the Columbias, I promptly sold the Wolvhammers!

I haven't ridden flats in decades, so that's taking a bit of adjustment!

Winter Biking Boots-columbia-fairbanks.jpg

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    I picked up a pair of these exact boots(Columbia Fairbanks) in grey last month(and a set of Kona Wah Wah 2 composite pedals)
    They look excellent, I think I've posted before about them, the flat sole should be perfect for pedals.

n00b
    Very early review of the Keen Revel III...
    Feels like I'm wearing slippers. So damn comfortable!
    I have a horrible bunion on my right foot. If my shoes aren't wide enough, it's painful as crap!
    Boots are totally wide enough towards the front of the foot.
    Some hiking and around town. Pure love!
    Shoveling snow, very warm!
    Riding in 15-20F. My toes get a minor chill.
    My commute is about 45-50 minutes. Towards the end of the ride there's some chill. No big deal yet.
    I've used sandwich bags over the toes and it helps.
    Rest of the foot is so nice and warm.
    Next week it's supposed to get nasty cold. I think next Monday night it will be around -8F. So that will be a really good test... for all my gear. ugh!

Will post again after next week.
    instagram@krigloch

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Vasque Arrowhead. REI has them for $85 right now. I got a pair recently and have used them several times in cold, snowy conditions. Feet have been very warm and very dry and the boots are comfortable for longer rides. They are designed for snowshoeing so they have a fairly flat sole and a flexible ankle. This is a great combination for flat pedals. The integral cover keeps the snow from building up in the laces. Unlike lots of regular winter boots, they have a fairly narrow heel so they don't bump your chainstays. So far, really liking these boots. We'll see how they hold up.

mtbr member

I just order a pair of Wolftooth Pogies from Amazon for $35 to try and address my cold hands next. At this price I figured why not. Once again kinda leary about ordering these at $35 seeing as everyone else is selling around $100 guess I will find out.

What ever happened to your pogie order? i ordered them too. All I received was an order of bar ends for the pogies (not ordered), NOT the pogies themselves. I have contacted the seller (Bells Bike Shop) to see if they are going to make good on the pogie order. I will report back when I hear from them.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheesehead View Post
    What ever happened to your pogie order? i ordered them too. All I received was an order of bar ends for the pogies (not ordered), NOT the pogies themselves. I have contacted the seller (Bells Bike Shop) to see if they are going to make good on the pogie order. I will report back when I hear from them.
    gonna use my Bugaboots tomorrow in the Snowpocalypse that is hitting the Midwest tomorrow!!! Gonna be warm and toasty

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheesehead View Post
    Yesterday I received my order which was only the bar ends same as which you received with your order, I contacted both Amazon and Bells, Bells said it was Amazon fault as they posted the ad but would do a prepaid return label and if I wanted the actual pogies they would sell them for additional fees. I basically told them what they could do with there Pogies and I would purchase elsewhere in the future. Sorry to anyone who made purchase with Bells after I posted about the Pogies. I should have known better with the old adage if the price is to low to believe it probably is.
    Blaine, Mn

mtbr member
    Yesterday I received my order which was only the bar ends same as which you received with your order, I contacted both Amazon and Bells, Bells said it was Amazon fault as they posted the ad but would do a prepaid return label and if I wanted the actual pogies they would sell them for additional fees. I basically told them what they could do with there Pogies and I would purchase elsewhere in the future. Sorry to anyone who made purchase with Bells after I posted about the Pogies. I should have known better with the old adage if the price is to low to believe it probably is.
    The pre-paid return postage is standard for Amazon for incorrectly sent items and NOT something Bell's went out of their way to do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    I picked up a pair of these exact boots(Columbia Fairbanks) in grey last month(and a set of Kona Wah Wah 2 composite pedals), and have been very happy. Only a few rides so far with lowest temp was in the mid teens. They are really light and super comfy so I'm using them as my primary winter boot for everything right now, not just riding. They are pretty flexible compared to bike specific winter boots, which I actually like for winter riding as I feel it helps keep my feet warmer. I just wear a pair of thick Smartwool socks and my feet have been toasty warm. I got them at REI using a coupon and they were around $90.

Last season I used a set of 45NRTH Wolvhammer and clipless pedals. While they did a decent job of keeping my feet warm, they were stiffer than I like and not nearly as comfortable. After trying the Columbias, I promptly sold the Wolvhammers!

I haven't ridden flats in decades, so that's taking a bit of adjustment!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	columbia fairbanks.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	1232973
    I just picked up a pair of these. They look comfy and not to rigid. Can't wait for them to get here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123