What are my options? Winter is coming.- Mtbr.com
    Norđwegr

Hope What are my options? Winter is coming.

I bought my first fatbike back in 2013, it had those awful spidertires, qr axles and a triple crankset. But it was fun, alot of fun both in the dry and in snow. It's time to replace it with something modern as it's angles are very steep and there's no room for larger tires.

Before the coming winter I want to get a new bike and I'm looking at what my options are. Apart from the BB, the closest I've been able to get to a ride that fits everything; is the Surly ICT. Not liking the dropouts on the Wednesday unfortunately.

Should I be looking at any others without breaking the piggybank?

Wanted features:
    Thru-axle front and rear, pref 15x150 and 12x197 or 177.
    Threaded BB.
    Ability to take 4.8/5.0 tires.
    Headangle slacker than 69.
    Bluto-ready.

Unwanted features:
    Anything that contradicts the above

Indifferent to:
    Frame material.
    Weight.

This place needs an enema
    I think you're on the right track with the ICT.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Lots of great bikes to chose from with that list. Not sure what your budget is, but the Fatback Skookum checks all those boxes and with a DT Swiss set of hoops and a GX 1X drivetrain, that's a sweet bike for $3,350. Having said that, lots of great fat bikes in that range though, that is one of many. Have fun!

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I think you're on the right track with the ICT.
    It does appear to check the most boxes, Surlys pf bb does appear to have a good reputation aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by litespeedaddict View Post
    Lots of great bikes to chose from with that list. Not sure what your budget is, but the Fatback Skookum checks all those boxes and with a DT Swiss set of hoops and a GX 1X drivetrain, that's a sweet bike for $3,350. Having said that, lots of great fat bikes in that range though, that is one of many. Have fun!
    Never heard of that one before, thank you for the heads up
    After some googling it appears the price for a frame and bluto combo from them is $2700. Since I'm in europe paying to have a complete bike shipped would probably cost me a leg. Specs-wise that frame would be perfect, price-wise it's probably a bit to steep after shipping across the pond.

The ICT will be $1480+taxes so it leaves alot of room for a bluto and maybe a dropper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    The Surly ICT probably fit the bill. But, according to their frame spec sheet it seems the head tube is a straight 44mm one. Is the Bluto available with a straight steerer? If not then one other option for a suspension fork would be the RST Renegade. Which from what I've read isn't all that bad of a fork to consider.
    I sincerely hope that you find you new fatty. Depending where you're at in Europe winter could be just around the corner or three months away. 😜😀

Oldbear and clan
    Old bear says: REMEMBER TO USE YOUR SUNSCREEN

Norđwegr
    The straight 44mm is large enough to accomodate a tapered fork, it's the same size as on my Ti Honzo Only thing one needs to source in addition to the fork itself, is a new crownrace and maybe a new lower bearing as the stock one often gets stuck to the old fork/race. (latter part according to forumposters in the ict specific thread).

Thanks for looking out for me though

Unless I'm able to locate any other options it's probably going to be an ICT, Skookum looks perfect, but not $2000 more kind of perfect.

First snow should arrive here in october, 69* north

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Vogard: 69 north? I peaked at your profile and you are from the land my great grandfather immigrated from in the 1870's. Olsen is the family name. Olaf settled near Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
    I would consider an ICT myself. I will be looking for a new bike in December. It's either going to be a Surly or a RSD Mayor. My current bike a BD Gravity Bullseye Monster has over 2000 miles on it. So after it gets a tune up it will be handed down to my son.

Rocking on a Rocky

RSD Mayor Fat-bike

It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Build up a Ventana El Gordo!

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by Olbear6252 View Post
    Vogard: 69 north? I peaked at your profile and you are from the land my great grandfather immigrated from in the 1870's. Olsen is the family name. Olaf settled near Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
    I would consider an ICT myself. I will be looking for a new bike in December. It's either going to be a Surly or a RSD Mayor. My current bike a BD Gravity Bullseye Monster has over 2000 miles on it. So after it gets a tune up it will be handed down to my son.
    I live way up in Tromso, alot of things in this city are the northernmost in the world. Makes for great winters, but the summers aren't much to brag about Do you know where in Norway he came from?

Sounds like you're in the same spot I am with choosing bikes, seems the tech has progressed far enough for there not to be any bad ones anymore. Guess it's all boils down to personal preferance and intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    RSD Mayor
    Looked into those now and it appears they suit all my needs, cheap to boot!I thought I had checked out that frame already, but must have confused it with one from Advocate which didn't fit the bill.

Sent them an email

Quote Originally Posted by mohrgan View Post
    Build up a Ventana El Gordo!
    I did look at those a little while ago, but couldn't find a price for the frame. Having custom-fit geo would be awesome, but sounds expensive

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post

Looked into those now and it appears they suit all my needs, cheap to boot!I thought I had checked out that frame already, but must have confused it with one from Advocate which didn't fit the bill.

Sent them an email
    Alex will take good care of ya. RSD has a lifetime guarantee on the frame and fork, which is becoming further and fewer between these days.
    A true custom frame will require a car payment to purchase and you still will have to hang components on it at additional cost. Room for 5.0fat tires and a nice sturdy feeling frame.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Grandpa Ole came from around Bergen or a place I believe was called Tanafjord.

I guess I am kind of stuck on the Mayor. The built up model is nicely appointed one. The only drawback is the Mayor doesn't come in black😜.
    Oldbear

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Maybe the Felt DD30

DD 30 - Felt Bicycles

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingo View Post
    Maybe the Felt DD30

DD 30 - Felt Bicycles
    The Felt looks like a fun ride, but op want's less than 69 head tube angle, the Felt unfortunateluy runs with 70..

To the op: Beware that overseas shipping will cost you an arm and a leg. If you're in scandinavia you need to look for frames/bikes in europe or your home country unless you're rich, and in that case just get a complete custom build to your specs.

Buy ICT.

It's a pressfit bb, but it'll tick all your other boxes and it can run vee 2xl on 100mm rims which is insane for winter riding, and in your country it's the best value for money you can find if you can take the weight (the frame alone is around 3 kg).

Look in the ICt thread, people that rides it reckons it's so playful that you forget the weight..

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Wanted features:
    Thru-axle front and rear, pref 15x150 and 12x197 or 177.
    Threaded BB.
    Ability to take 4.8/5.0 tires.
    Headangle slacker than 69.
    Bluto-ready.
    Scott Big Jon/Ed has a 69° head angle but otherwise ticks all those boxes

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Alex will take good care of ya. RSD has a lifetime guarantee on the frame and fork, which is becoming further and fewer between these days.
    A true custom frame will require a car payment to purchase and you still will have to hang components on it at additional cost. Room for 5.0fat tires and a nice sturdy feeling frame.
    Hope so, waiting for a reply to my email with shippings costs and suchs

Grandpa Ole came from around Bergen or a place I believe was called Tanafjord.

I guess I am kind of stuck on the Mayor. The built up model is nicely appointed one. The only drawback is the Mayor doesn't come in black😜.
    Oldbear
    That's neat, Tanafjord is actually way north of me and very close to the Russian border. Bergen is down south so that could possibly be the port he left from? (it would be the closest one to the US)

If the colour irks you, I'd look into powdercoating; it's not that expensive really.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy81 View Post
    The Felt looks like a fun ride, but op want's less than 69 head tube angle, the Felt unfortunateluy runs with 70..

To the op: Beware that overseas shipping will cost you an arm and a leg. If you're in scandinavia you need to look for frames/bikes in europe or your home country unless you're rich, and in that case just get a complete custom build to your specs.

Buy ICT.

It's a pressfit bb, but it'll tick all your other boxes and it can run vee 2xl on 100mm rims which is insane for winter riding, and in your country it's the best value for money you can find if you can take the weight (the frame alone is around 3 kg).

Look in the ICt thread, people that rides it reckons it's so playful that you forget the weight..
    I've shipped a couple of frames before, it usually runs me $120 which is do-able if the frame is hard to get over here

Thanks for mentioning the 2xls, I was trying to locate info on wether or not those would fit, must have missed it when I read through the ICT thread. The BB sounds alright, from what I gather people are having a great amount of miles on them before getting any issues.

And weight is definitely not an issue, it's going to be my winterbike for exercise so the heavier the better really :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wingo View Post
    Maybe the Felt DD30

DD 30 - Felt Bicycles
    Quote Originally Posted by max gnarcore View Post
    Scott Big Jon/Ed has a 69° head angle but otherwise ticks all those boxes
    These two fall into the same category, they get close and have good reviews; but they don't fit what I want. Sadly so, because they're both priced great.

Rippin da fAt
    Vegard, My fatbike doesn't have a "season", just another beautiful day to go riding. I think Alex might be outta town on holiday cause he usually responds to emails promptly. I sent him a review of my Mayor form this past weekend's shakedown and haven't heard back yet, which is highly unusual.

What are my options? Winter is coming.-img_0385.jpg
    Front tire space is generous.
    What are my options? Winter is coming.-img_0361.jpg
    Rear tire space is generous as well. D5 in this image. Has loads of space with Lou in there too. Fat cat not included.

Bud/Lou 4.8's on at the moment. Also have a pair of Dilly 5's that are slightly smaller than the Bud/Lou.
    5.05's for this winter will be ordered in the near future...
    Doctor recommended...

Norđwegr
    What are my options? Winter is coming.-small.jpg

There's my old bike in all it's glory.

Vegard, My fatbike doesn't have a "season", just another beautiful day to go riding. I think Alex might be outta town on holiday cause he usually responds to emails promptly. I sent him a review of my Mayor form this past weekend's shakedown and haven't heard back yet, which is highly unusual.
    I used my old fatbike year round, but I've always had a dedicated trailbike to back it up

He replied just after my last post, sadly though FedEx tackled my ability to get one. As it sits, it is the perfect frame for me; but I can't afford the frame, shipping and getting parts for it.

The frame with shipping and half the parts I'd need comes out at the same cost a complete ICT would, and the ICT would still be better specced. So I think I'll have to get the ICT for now and look into the Mayor again at a later date when I have some parts to transfer from a complete bike.

Rippin da fAt
    Vegard, the ICT is a fine choice. The geo is good and the space for 5.05's is there. You're gonna be good to go.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    The Farley has a 69 degree head angle.

Put on a 120mm travel Bluto and it will be less than 69!
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

Norđwegr
    I guess I decided, starting small

What are my options? Winter is coming.-dsc_0071.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Just FYI, Salsa just announced the next Mukluk will have a threaded bottom bracket. Lots of tire clearance, short chainstays, alternator drops, 150/197 TA, <69* HTA.

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingout View Post
    Just FYI, Salsa just announced the next Mukluk will have a threaded bottom bracket. Lots of tire clearance, short chainstays, alternator drops, 150/197 TA, <69* HTA.
    Thank you for the headsup, I've already ordered some ICT specific parts and don't want to cancel them with my lbs; but that mukluk sure does sound spot on. It's probably going to end up costing $350 more than the ICT so that helps soften the blow

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Thank you for the headsup, I've already ordered some ICT specific parts and don't want to cancel them with my lbs; but that mukluk sure does sound spot on. It's probably going to end up costing $350 more than the ICT so that helps soften the blow
    http://salsacycles.com/culture/mukluk_all_new_for_2017

Even though the spec sheet makes it sound like one of the sweetest bikes out there (and it definitely is amongst those), you'll be giving up vee 2xl tires to ride it. ☺

https://www.bcsport.no/go-fat#content
    this one though almost made me buy ict last year..

Get two sets of wheels: Go 90/100mm rims and vee 2xl for winter and 70/80mm and jj4.8 for summer (my preference)

Once you try 2xl in snow you'll eyes will be closed to all bikes that cannot fit them.

Edit: if you haven't bought your ict frame yet bikeshop.no has a good deal on size m

The White Jeff W
    The ICT is a great all season bike. Swap out tires to suit the season & have a ball.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Vegard: I think that Grandpa Ole left from Bergen. Incident, when I was a teen my family and I had Norwegian Elkhounds. I think they were on the back of one of your coins. I think that they are called in Norway, Norske Elghunds. We even had one imported from a kennel in Asmark.

I hope you get your bike soon. I love mine even though it's a 'high mileage' bike,(2350 miles) it has done me good.

Oldbear

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Mukluk - All New For 2017 | Salsa Cycles

Even though the spec sheet makes it sound like one of the sweetest bikes out there (and it definitely is amongst those), you'll be giving up vee 2xl tires to ride it.
    Are you sure about that? Your link says the Alternator Dropouts in the furthest in position accommodates 4.7” tires (on 70mm rims), and pushing it back allows for bigger tires.
    “The Mukluk Carbon comes spec’d with a two position Alternator Dropout fixed plate, with the first of the two positions allowing room for a 4.7” tire on a 70mm rim while providing a chainstay length of 432mm– the shortest fatbike chainstay available. The second position sets the wheel a little further back giving you options for larger tire/rim combinations.”

Bikepacking.com says 5” tires as well. Not saying it will fit the 2XL’s, but who knows?

http://www.bikepacking.com/bikes/salsa-timberjack-fargo/

Norđwegr
    Mukluk - All New For 2017 | Salsa Cycles

Even though the spec sheet makes it sound like one of the sweetest bikes out there (and it definitely is amongst those), you'll be giving up vee 2xl tires to ride it. ☺

https://www.bcsport.no/go-fat#content
    this one though almost made me buy ict last year..

Get two sets of wheels: Go 90/100mm rims and vee 2xl for winter and 70/80mm and jj4.8 for summer (my preference)

Once you try 2xl in snow you'll eyes will be closed to all bikes that cannot fit them.

Edit: if you haven't bought your ict frame yet bikeshop.no has a good deal on size m
    I know about the bikeshop frame, had my eye on it for a year or so; but it'll end up being more expensive building it up with shittier parts than buying a stock ICT nib. I much prefer building my own bikes, but not when it costs more for less unfortunately.

The problem is finding a wheelset which isn't junk.

with the first of the two positions allowing room for a 4.7” tire on a 70mm rim while providing a chainstay length of 432mm– the shortest fatbike chainstay available. [/FONT]
    Atleast for 6 more days until the 420mm CS Wozo starts to ship.

Vegard: I think that Grandpa Ole left from Bergen. Incident, when I was a teen my family and I had Norwegian Elkhounds. I think they were on the back of one of your coins. I think that they are called in Norway, Norske Elghunds. We even had one imported from a kennel in Asmark.

I hope you get your bike soon. I love mine even though it's a 'high mileage' bike,(2350 miles) it has done me good.

Oldbear
    Yeah there were, I think I have a couple of those coins with elghund on them actually.

Even though? I think that means you just enjoyed your bike alot, makes it worth alot more than what you paid for it really

Car
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Are you sure about that? Your link says the Alternator Dropouts in the furthest in position accommodates 4.7” tires (on 70mm rims), and pushing it back allows for bigger tires.
    “The Mukluk Carbon comes spec’d with a two position Alternator Dropout fixed plate, with the first of the two positions allowing room for a 4.7” tire on a 70mm rim while providing a chainstay length of 432mm– the shortest fatbike chainstay available. The second position sets the wheel a little further back giving you options for larger tire/rim combinations.”

Bikepacking.com says 5” tires as well. Not saying it will fit the 2XL’s, but who knows?

http://www.bikepacking.com/bikes/salsa-timberjack-fargo/
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am also looking at a fat bike purchase for this winter...

Are the 2XLs that much better than say, the Dillinger 5 studded? I'm in southern Michigan and will be riding the bike mostly on an ungroomed dirt rail trail.

I'm also a tiny person, so the rotational mass and any snow accumulation on the wheels will be a big deal.

Norđwegr
    If you're tiny you might do fine on 4"s, I did very well on them when I was 140lbs. My walking around weight is around 185lbs now so I definitely want the float of 4.8+ in snow.

Car
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    If you're tiny you might do fine on 4"s, I did very well on them when I was 140lbs. My walking around weight is around 185lbs now so I definitely want the float of 4.8+ in snow.
    Thank you! Won't cross off the Mukluks then

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Car - I am 160lbs, so not heavy, but not super light. I do fine with 4.8" tires (which the Mukluk fits). Utah has a good amount of snowfall and it's done well for me through a myriad of conditions. Honestly, different between a Bud/Lou in the snow vs 2XL....won't be much. There will be a very narrow spectrum of condition where you're riding on 2XL and walking on Bud (VERY VERY narrow). So narrow, I won't bother with 2XL's on my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Car - I am 160lbs, so not heavy, but not super light. I do fine with 4.8" tires (which the Mukluk fits). Utah has a good amount of snowfall and it's done well for me through a myriad of conditions. Honestly, different between a Bud/Lou in the snow vs 2XL....won't be much. There will be a very narrow spectrum of condition where you're riding on 2XL and walking on Bud (VERY VERY narrow). So narrow, I won't bother with 2XL's on my bike.
    Have you tried 2xl?

They are way wider than bud/Lou and almost 2 inches bigger in diameter (32" on 100mm rims).

They dwarf any regular 4.8" tires and they are amazing in proper off road conditions and deep snow. Great traction and amazing float. You've gotta be down to 1-2 psi to have them excel (most people have way too much air in their tires..)

I've been able to ride in way more terrain with those than any 4.8 tire I've tried.. They are for exploring though, and since the rolling resistance is huge I wouldn't ride them on groomed tracks.

But you've right about them being for special conditions, so they are for the last 10-20% of the times "regular" fatbikes fail.
    Personally though I'm not riding anything else in winter.
    Remember that first "wow I didn't think I could ride here" feeling that fatbikes gives over skinny MTB? 2xl gives the same feeling compared to "normal" fatbike tires.

turtles make me hot
    9:ZERO:7 Whiteout AL GX-10

How has no one posted this yet?? It hits on all of your points on the list.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    The straight 44mm is large enough to accomodate a tapered fork, it's the same size as on my Ti Honzo Only thing one needs to source in addition to the fork itself, is a new crownrace and maybe a new lower bearing as the stock one often gets stuck to the old fork/race. (latter part according to forumposters in the ict specific thread).

Thanks for looking out for me though

Unless I'm able to locate any other options it's probably going to be an ICT, Skookum looks perfect, but not $2000 more kind of perfect.

First snow should arrive here in october, 69* north

69°N. WoW, you r up there. I'm at 61°+N. . Yup. Winter should be there in not too long. We usually get freeze up by the 20th of October. But the main river here. The Copper river doesn't freeze o er fully till January. Last winter it never did fully close in some places.
    I am also wanting an ICT and 2XL Snowshoe s. . Those there are other bikes that can now take those tires. I like the ICT. If I liked on the coast, I would go for another aluminum frame tho.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I believe you already made your choice, but did you look at this and does it fit what you were looking for?

Diamondback Bikes - Mountain Bikes - El Oso

Norđwegr
    What are my options? Winter is coming.-_20160804_190241.jpg

That's what my fatbike project looks like currently, some TI headset bits, TI bottlecage and a set of new mallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Car View Post
    Thank you! Won't cross off the Mukluks then
    Just consider what kind of maintenance you're ok with doing yourself and how futureproof the bike is in general. (bottom bracket swaps, hub standard etc)

Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    9:ZERO:7 Whiteout AL GX-10

How has no one posted this yet?? It hits on all of your points on the list.
    That's a really good deal, but it suffers from the same problem the Mayor does (for me) and that's shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
    69°N. WoW, you r up there. I'm at 61°+N. . Yup. Winter should be there in not too long. We usually get freeze up by the 20th of October. But the main river here. The Copper river doesn't freeze o er fully till January. Last winter it never did fully close in some places.
    I am also wanting an ICT and 2XL Snowshoe s. . Those there are other bikes that can now take those tires. I like the ICT. If I liked on the coast, I would go for another aluminum frame tho.
    Southern Norway is roughly 61*, I usually melt from the heat when I go there during the summers :P

Anyone know wether or not the dropouts need to be swapped for the 2xls to work on the ICT? Seems the link posted previously said something about sliding dropouts being a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by trojan9x View Post
    I believe you already made your choice, but did you look at this and does it fit what you were looking for?

Diamondback Bikes - Mountain Bikes - El Oso
    Nice bike, but same as above unfortunately. Shipping costs would be outrageous from the US.

Pretty much stuck with what I can get in Europe.

Rippin da fAt
    Vegard, don't remember what shipping company tartybikes.com uses, but it was not too expensive to get my Red Sky over here from the UK. And it was actually faster transit time than if I had ordered form a US seller.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Anyone know wether or not the dropouts need to be swapped for the 2xls to work on the ICT? Seems the link posted previously said something about sliding dropouts being a requirement.
    sliding dropout from Surly, art.no FS2008

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Vegard, don't remember what shipping company tartybikes.com uses, but it was not too expensive to get my Red Sky over here from the UK. And it was actually faster transit time than if I had ordered form a US seller.
    I've shipped things from Tarty Bikes ( UK) to Alaska (USA) and from Alaska to Norway and unfortunatly the rates are not even close. I don't know why but US to Norway is very expensive.
    Latitude 61

Norđwegr
    What are my options? Winter is coming.-ecda901436e1b6e1335b4569169ab.jpg

I settled on this, doesn't fit my criteria perfectly; but the discount on it was too good to pass up. There was no way I could build something on my own and beat this on price, no matter how I tried putting the numbers together it always came out at way more $$.

For those wondering it's a Canyon Dude 9.0 SL (2015), for whatever reason they had one left in my size so I got $450 off. The 2017s are coming out soon, but I don't mind

Full 2x10 XT, TRS+ crankset, carbon handlebar and carbon seatpost

It's the same spec bike reviewed here:
    [REVIEW] Canyon Dude 9.0 SL: the fat blade! - MTB WorkshopMTB Workshop

Norđwegr
    Four business day to deliver, not bad.

Build quality appears to be topnotch, but I haven't had the time to fully go over it yet. Getting around to that and a first ride tomorrow

What are my options? Winter is coming.-unnamed2.jpg

What are my options? Winter is coming.-unnamed4.jpg

Tiny bit of cobweb, it's dusty from having spent a year in a warehouse somewhere.
    What are my options? Winter is coming.-unnamed3.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Congratz, Vegard!! Looks good.
    Doctor recommended...

Norđwegr
    Thanks, it is great
    It is however a soulless carbon behemoth that I can't really mod in any fun way. Might get a dropper and proper 4.8s, but that's just about it.

If anyone are curious about Canyon before their launch in the US, I'd be happy to prod and gauge my example

vmk
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I ordered the last one that they had on outlet for my wife a couple of days ago

I've one already, the cheapest model, heavily modded though (Wren + 100mm carbon rims + a lot of other stuff).

The one thing that I'll do for this new one arriving is to take the e13 APS-system off and replace it with shims. The APS doesn't work, if it's muddy enough it will start to tighten the play automatically and ultimately destroy the bearings.

When removing the cranks be extra careful, it's really easy to strip the threads from the crank (where you put the removal tool). I broke mine and I've heard about some other mishaps too. Some say that the cranks come off really easily, but at least mine were really stuck. Interesting to see if I'm able to destroy the other cranks too :P

It's a bit soulless bike, but I've done a ton of riding on it and don't really have anything to complain about. OK, the green color that the cheap one has is just awful. The best bike I've ever owned during my 20 years of mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Eh, throw in a contrasting rim strip, swap some parts, it'll be fine. Looks like a killer bike.
    Yamaguchi Cross • YT Jeffsy • Salsa Mukluk & Vaya • Canyon Commuter