Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sissypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    475

    What carbon forks will fit a Vee Snowshoe 2XL?

    What carbon forks (preferably open mold) can fit the 2XL?

    Is a 3XL coming this winter?

    So much info out there, so scattered over these huge threads, I don't know where to start.

  2. #2
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    150 mm=5.9055 inches 2XLs are 5.05 inches on 80mm rims. Some one posted pics of a set on a Farley 5.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sissypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    150 mm=5.9055 inches 2XLs are 5.05 inches on 80mm rims. Some one posted pics of a set on a Farley 5.
    Yeah so the hub clears, but the issue is most forks are not built for the sheer volume of a 2XL, which translates into about 3 inches beyond the rim, making the effective diameter almost 32 inches.

    So you're saying a Bontrager Haru fork should fit it?

  4. #4
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    Yeah so the hub clears, but the issue is most forks are not built for the sheer volume of a 2XL, which translates into about 3 inches beyond the rim, making the effective diameter almost 32 inches.

    So you're saying a Bontrager Haru fork should fit it?
    RSD and Salsa also.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    317
    Zero issues tubeless on 90mm rims on Salsa Blackborow

  6. #6
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,377
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    What carbon forks (preferably open mold) can fit the 2XL?

    Is a 3XL coming this winter?

    So much info out there, so scattered over these huge threads, I don't know where to start.

    Bontrager Haru and Lauf, both on 80 - 85mm rims.

    Will also fit on 100mm rims, but with basically zero clearance for wheel/tire runout, mud, slop, etc...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Zero issues tubeless on 90mm rims on Salsa Blackborow
    The same for me on 100mm rims.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blaster182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    85
    Specialized chissel has gobs of room mounted on 90mm.
    Gotta Ride Fat !!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    32
    Simple china-carbon fat-forks (with 150x15mm axles) from the Ebay also clearly fit 2XL's (on any rims) for just $100.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sissypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Sukhov View Post
    Simple china-carbon fat-forks (with 150x15mm axles) from the Ebay also clearly fit 2XL's (on any rims) for just $100.
    Thank you, that's what I'm looking for! But not all China forks fit them, in fact I've had two forks which haven't in the past (Angle Sports and another generic).

    Specifically, which open mold forks fit the 2XL? Do you have links and pictures? Thanks a lot! Btw I've seen these as cheap as $60 on Aliexpress special sales.

Similar Threads

  1. Vee Snowshoe 2XL tires
    By the_eleven in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 06:07 PM
  2. Cargo rack for Farley 7 with Snowshoe 2XL's
    By headwind in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 10:37 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 09:46 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 03:42 PM
  5. Vee Snowshoe 2XL 5.05 Tire on a Moonlander?
    By kaleidopete in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 03:44 PM

Members who have read this thread: 52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.