unsubstantiated Rumor of the Day- Foundry carbon fat bike- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,200

    unsubstantiated Rumor of the Day- Foundry carbon fat bike

    Per their Facebook (can't link, I'm on my phone) they have "dreams" about a carbon fat bike. Will it happen? Maybe we need a petition going. This thing would make me seriously happy in the pants.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    197
    Crazy cool!!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    473
    If my memory serves me right, I think I heard that same rumor last fall.

  4. #4
    =========
    Reputation: ~gomez~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,869
    Why haven't more bike companies jumped into the fa-bike market? Kona, Redline, Haro?
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

  5. #5
    Human Test Subject
    Reputation: Volsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,200
    Another Q brand would do this before a major brand I believe.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ~gomez~ View Post
    Why haven't more bike companies jumped into the fa-bike market? Kona, Redline, Haro?
    The big, boring companies are too serious to produce a clown bike. Also, they'd be forced to buy parts (tires, rims, etc.) from QBP, with whom they compete on one or more levels.

    Kona seems like the kind of company that might do it. I'm sure if the sales numbers were there, they'd all jump in.

  7. #7
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,024
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    The big, boring companies are too serious to produce a clown bike. Also, they'd be forced to buy parts (tires, rims, etc.) from QBP, with whom they compete on one or more levels.

    .
    The only part they'd *really* need to get from QBP would be tires, as Surly and 45nrth are really the only players in the tire game. Sure, there's the spider and skull tires, and the VeeRubber vaporware tire[stupid heavy at that]. IMO, the thing that needs to happen before other companies make one is another tire company needs to jump in. Then you'll see some one else make a complete bike. Trek has been rumored to have a prototype. they have the tire making capabilities, and the large dealer network to make it all pay off. I'd count on them before anyone else.

    But then they totally fell in for the stupid 69er gimmick, so they might be a tad gun shy when it comes to stepping into the oddities markets.

    Kona's far enough north, they should. Hell Rocky Mtn, Norco and Devinci are all Canadian. They should too!
    Just a regular guy.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~ View Post
    The only part they'd *really* need to get from QBP would be tires, as Surly and 45nrth are really the only players in the tire game. Sure, there's the spider and skull tires, and the VeeRubber vaporware tire[stupid heavy at that]. IMO, the thing that needs to happen before other companies make one is another tire company needs to jump in. Then you'll see some one else make a complete bike. Trek has been rumored to have a prototype. they have the tire making capabilities, and the large dealer network to make it all pay off. I'd count on them before anyone else.

    But then they totally fell in for the stupid 69er gimmick, so they might be a tad gun shy when it comes to stepping into the oddities markets.

    Kona's far enough north, they should. Hell Rocky Mtn, Norco and Devinci are all Canadian. They should too!
    All true, man.

    I'm kinda over hoping that the big guys get into fatbikes. In the last year or so, there's been so much innovation going on without them that I have more than enough choices.
    All these choices are making me go broke!

  9. #9
    Self-defeatist
    Reputation: CLONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    965
    I'm pretty surprised that Kona hasn't made some move. Sure they're big, but they're not huge, and they usually don't shy away from niche bikes.
    I'm covered in beer.

  10. #10
    Living the thug life.
    Reputation: Logantri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    795
    I heard they are coming out with a hardtail and dually carbon fat frames and rims. They will have clearance for their new carbon 7.9" tires and be compatible with belt drive, igh, rohloff, and coaster brake. The coolest feature is their use of S&S couplers that can combine two frames to make a fat tandem.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

    My blog.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    930
    [QUOTE=Logantri;9720926... The coolest feature is their use of S&S couplers that can combine two frames to make a fat tandem.[/QUOTE]

    I know this is tongue in cheek, but that would be awesome

  12. #12
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,137
    Yes, carbon full suspension. I want one.

  13. #13
    nvphatty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    these bikes are new & niche?

    beat ya too it NV
    errrr play nice.

  14. #14
    Dirt Huffer
    Reputation: AC/BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,751
    UGH! Not even worth logging into facebook to read that garbage.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: druidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    673
    The On One Crawler tyre is now available, so that's not a show-stopper.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.