Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Underwear for Fatbiking??

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Bearbait 
#1 ·
Ok guys, hear me out. With all these recent threads "winter pants?" and "what kind of boots" popping up left and right. I just want to make sure I'm wearing the right kind of underwear for fatbiking, I mean, I used the search function for "unicorn fur man thong" but came up empty handed. Any suggestions? I need something that is soft like chamois, breathable (so the boys don't sweat), warm down to at least -60 f, and some thing that doesn't bunch up in the back. Also it would help if they could double as a tent in case of an emergency situation. thanx for the help.

#6 ·
My boys were sweating just looking at that!
Not really. I find the wool Ibex El Fito knickers to do the job pretty well. I notice a big difference when I don't wear them, such as cold(er) cheeks, thighs and knees.
I do have to admit they have a seam in a rather lousy place for really long rides-right down the middle in front. Ask me about the bloody carnage in the ITI sometime. Not pretty at all. I still wear them though, as that's a different amount of riding than normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.