Underwater ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: Underwater ride

Compulsive Bike Builder

Underwater ride

Record high tides AND low tides locally today, so I went and rode during the low tide. It was great, I was able to ride hundreds of feet out from what is normally the shore, and there were tide pools exposed everywhere you usually don't get to see. The Wildfire handled them with ease, the Rolling Darryl/BFL combo up front is very nice indeed. Most of the fly over looks like I am riding way off shore. I need to bring the camera or POV more often, I know, I know. Next time. Until then, here is the google fly over (hit pause to let the textures load if needed, and use fast forward, it gets boring). The ride, as usual, includes lots of me screwing around and exploring stuff like different routes, tide pools, etc.

<iframe src="https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/render_route_video?route_key=7627677175&site=mapmy ride.com" height="350px" scrolling="no" width="100%"><br /> <a href="https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/59079742">Imported Garmin Route (11/25/2011)</a> and more rides in San Clemente, CA on MapMyRIDE. <a href="https://www.mapmyride.com">Find ride</a><br /> </iframe>
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Must have been an awesome ride!

mtbr member

Neat!

Didn't realize this before, I can scroll through your vid after watching it, and use the Google Earth controls to zoom in and look around. I haven't played with this feature before, is it only something you can do with GPS, or can you program a manual route and make your own vid?

You've given me an idea for a vid, not cycling related, of pics and vids I have from Australia.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Really Cool!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Would you mind explaining how the hell do you do that? Any special GPS required?

It was great.

Cheers,
    Al.

Compulsive Bike Builder
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm View Post
    Would you mind explaining how the hell do you do that? Any special GPS required?

It was great.

Cheers,
    Al.
    I upload from my Garmin to mapmyride.com. Then I can view it in 3D just like you see, and it gives me an "embed" link that gives me some code to embed here, just like you do with youtube.

You should be able to do it with any GPX file and Google Earth (that is what it is using) and the "tour" function. But I don't know how to embed that...yet anyway.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Damn! I should've messaged you. There wasn't any activity on the other thread so I thought there wasn't a ride happening. Next time.

mtbr member
    Whoa! Just watched the video. That is really cool!