Suspended fork for Larry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Suspended fork for Larry

Do You know any other fork (cheaper) than Maverick SC32 which can accept Larry? For light XC rides it seems too sophisticated (and expensive).

No, that's not phonetic
    A Zoke Shiver coil might work if you can find a cheap used one. I don't know of a 29er limiter you can put in it so keeping the tire from hitting the crown could be an issue, and it would not work with every rim width out there, I think.

An SC32 can be had pretty reasonably second hand. Build it with a Hope Pro II hub and you can always convert to a rigid 100mm fork later via swapping axles.

no dabs
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    A Zoke Shiver coil might work if you can find a cheap used one. I don't know of a 29er limiter you can put in it so keeping the tire from hitting the crown could be an issue, and it would not work with every rim width out there, I think.

An SC32 can be had pretty reasonably second hand. Build it with a Hope Pro II hub and you can always convert to a rigid 100mm fork later via swapping axles.
    I have a Shiver SC. it isn't really wide enough for even a 3" tire. It would need to have the travel shortened from a measured 100mm (spec'd at 120mm, but it isn't) by well over 1.5" to clear the tire (because the crown is M shaped, and the deep part in the middle is only about 2.7" wide).

If you are talking about the Shiver DC, shouldn't the travel be able to be kept as long as the head tube is short enough to let the lower crown move up?

Members who have read this thread: 0