stock Framed Minne 2.0 to tubeless conversion HELP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

stock Framed Minne 2.0 to tubeless conversion HELP

Has anyone successfully converted their stock Framed Minne 2.0 to tubeless? I did the Gorilla tape thing got everything all done and couldn't get the tire to seat. To much blow by. Tried EVERYTHING (I think). Ratchet strap, Ether, soap / water..... is this a lost cause?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Split tube with adhesive weather strip on the bead shelf worked for me. 1 year of riding 8-12 psi with floaters and GC had zero leakage. Bud occasionally weeped.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    You think the weather strip / rod would work under the Gorilla tape?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    If you are going to try a rod/strip check out Fatty Strippers to put over the rods (those guys also sell fam rods to pack up against the rim - they're not cheap but I used them to fit up some Minions which were causing me trouble.

I also mounted the tire with a tube and then broke just one bead to pull the tube which meant I was starting the tubeless with one bead already set so I could focus on just getting the second bead to set.

I have a top peak pump with a chamber but that didn't cut it so I ended up using a high volume delivery air compressor I borrowed from a friend.

I also used Schwalbe tire mounting liquid. It I very much doubt that gives any advantage over soapy water other than convenient application.

The other thing that I had done was leave the tires mounted and inflated hard with tubes for two weeks before I went for the final tubeless set up. I don't know if that helped either but it may have given the tire a bit more shape.

Good luck!

Steve

mtbr member
    The Weinmann HL80 rims are know to be a pain to set up tubeless. Lots have tried, some have succeeded. There are a few threads here that have discussed the issues. Split tube is the method that works best from what I've read. Good luck!

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/how...ss-912220.html
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.