Salsa Mukluk, rack pro'lems- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Salsa Mukluk, rack pro'lems

Hey everyone! I've recently got my Mukluk back from a friend as they wanted a normal bike (was their first bike lol) and god is it amazing. It feels so amazing to ride!!! I mean compared to something like my Surly ECR which is a medium and I think way too stiff for me (I'm 5"4 45kg) making it not so fun to ride, but wow my Mukluk reminds me why I love fat tires in the first place! Was going to build a cargo fatbike, but forget it now, the Mukluk is amazing to ride. Vikb on here was talking about how he much prefers a lightweight bikepacknig setup and I definetely see why now! When I previously had my Mukluk I put a rack on it which ruined the whole bike, just the sheer weight and weight placement of it just destroyed it. Has anyone had any experience with this? How do you guys with Mukluk's carry your gear? Sorry for the wall of text lol. Hope everyone on here is having fun with their fatbikes!

Edit: Oooh wanted to ask, what does everyone think of the Salsa Bearpaw vs the Enabler? I have the Bearpaw which has no rack mounts or anything, kinda want to put a little one on lol, and the Enabler's made from steel to which I'm not sure how it would affect the handling... I actually originally wanted to build another fatbike just for the steel, would getting a steel fork help in the ride aspect? I mean I am currently running a pair of chromoly wingbars? Would really appreciate some help, thanks!

mtbr member

Man I am happy with my setup and revelate bags. The only thing I did wrong was carrying a big backpack as well. My bearpaw has anything mounts I have one with water one with anything.

mtbr member

The rack I got is light enough I didn't even bother taken it off with vischacha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    What I don't get is the difference between the 150 revelate bags and the ones like this which cost 15 and fit almost perfectly in my small Mukluk? I mean besides the obvious fact that they're custom!

mtbr member

Quality man. You get what you pay for. I am second owner of my frame bag first owner had fat biked, fat pack rafted all of Alaska. The bag has one little stitch coming loose. That is the difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerFriendly View Post
    What I don't get is the difference between the 150 revelate bags and the ones like this which cost 15 and fit almost perfectly in my small Mukluk? I mean besides the obvious fact that they're custom!
    Quality and also capacity. That bag is only 1 3/4" wide. The better bags will nearly double that capacity if not more. Works great for some I'm sure and I did get one. Keeping it because it'll cost more to ship it back. It'll be useful on a different bike. Not so much on my fat bike.

For the price it's worth it though.

Some o the better bags fan out in front to make like a fender too.