RSD Bikes "The Mayor" - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Rocking on a Rocky

Looks good.

:thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The rear brake cable routing looks ridiculous...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I sold my 2015 Rocky Mountain Blizzard with Bluto last week and I just ordered a RSD Mayor Aluminium painted orange. I got the build kit #2, which is 1x11 Sram and carbon solid forks. Some people may ask why no more Bluto, well the Bluto suspension was almost useless for me as I only ride fat bike during winter. The combination of snow and soft tires were doing most of the suspension and that big Rockshox was just extra weight to carry. Now I just wish the rear hub will hold solid and be better that the Wheeltech that came with the Blizzard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It will be interesting to hear your thoughts comparing the blizzard and the mayor!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Delivery for 2016 models is scheduled for late October 2015, just in time for winter bike.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Some 100 mm rims and Snowshoe 2XL would make that thing a snow eating machine.
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i have large 2015 mayor with carbon fork, all parts stock except stem, bar, grips and seat. although I got used to riding this huge size large frame I want to get 2016 frame in medium when its available and wondering if all the parts are swappable...? rear spacing is different I think...do I need a new hub or wheel? im guessing front is all good...I hope

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by powanddirt View Post
    i have large 2015 mayor with carbon fork, all parts stock except stem, bar, grips and seat. although I got used to riding this huge size large frame I want to get 2016 frame in medium when its available and wondering if all the parts are swappable...? rear spacing is different I think...do I need a new hub or wheel? im guessing front is all good...I hope
    Are you getting frame or frame and fork? The new frame is set for a 490 fork and I think the old fork is 468 mm?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    id like to get frame only and set it up with my 2015 fork if possible...would the head angle be too steep? do any of these fat bike wheel hubs have convertible caps?

Rocking on a Rocky
    How much is putting a hundred millimeter Bluto on my Mayor going to throw off the geometry?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i meant how much difference in head angle would putting my 2015 carbon fork on 2016 mayor frame make...

mtbr member
    has anyone tried running 29+ on the Mayor?

In particular, does 29+ clear the Bluto?

Thanks
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    has anyone tried running 29+ on the Mayor?

In particular, does 29+ clear the Bluto?

Thanks
    Off the RSD site

mtbr member
    Have I read somewhere that there were creaking/ cracking issues with the 2015 and earlier frames? I have recently developed a continuous creaking sound from my Mayors frame.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    Have I read somewhere that there were creaking/ cracking issues with the 2015 and earlier frames? I have recently developed a continuous creaking sound from my Mayors frame.
    Oh no. I was just about to buy a 2014 mayor used. I'm going to look into this. Where did you read it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I had a bad creak with my 2015, came to find it was a loose dérailleur hanger. Didn't ever think a loose hanger could make that much noise.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Check your BB bearings.

mtbr member
    Mine has a bit of a creak, but it seems to originate from the front of the bike.

Sent from my XT1019 using Tapatalk
    winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    anyone around the height of 5'5-5'7 here? I want to know your opinion on the standover height for your frame. I can't find a geometry chart for the 2015 but the 2016 quotes 73Xmm which might be a bit tall.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Stay on the pedals and your gonna be fine!

mtbr member
    KantoBoy the standover from 15 to 16 are almost identical, what is your inseam. And some truth in Alain2's comment as well. If its close you should be fine. Winter boots and all
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rocking on a Rocky
    I'm 5' 8' and have a medium. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater View Post
    KantoBoy the standover from 15 to 16 are almost identical, what is your inseam. And some truth in Alain2's comment as well. If its close you should be fine. Winter boots and all
    Do you have the 2015 geometry chart handy? I can't find one for 2015 (the website has the 2016 up)

My inseam is at 28inches

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugs View Post
    Mine has a bit of a creak, but it seems to originate from the front of the bike.

If running carbon fork with expander wedge in steerer tube instead of star fangled nut as recommended for carbon steerers check for tightness.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Very cool! Though it looks like the 2015 version, not the 2016.

mtbr member
    that is cool, and a 2015 for sure
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    I'm 5' 8' and have a medium. Hope this helps.
    5' 8.5" here with a 2015 med. 2nd gen frame with the 150 mm HT and Bluto. Feels a touch big for me but it's still fun. It LOVES to jump and take air. If your 5' 7" then you should probably get the small.

Rocking on a Rocky
    5' 8.5" here with a 2015 med. 2nd gen frame with the 150 mm HT and Bluto. Feels a touch big for me but it's still fun. It LOVES to jump and take air. If your 5' 7" then you should probably get the small.
    80 or 100 mm ? Thinking about getting one but I don't want to screw up the handling.

mtbr member
    it comes stock with the 80mm Bluto
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Can The Mayor be setup to be single-speed or used with an IGH?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by webmonkey8 View Post
    Can The Mayor be setup to be single-speed or used with an IGH?
    Webmonkey8, you can run the Mayor, previous or updated version as a single speed. All that would be required is a chain tensioner of sorts, Pauls Melvin is great in this application. As far as Internaly geared hubs it would come down to hub size, previous Mayor is 190mm the updated is 197mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I have the 190 mm version.

Webmonkey8, you can run the Mayor, previous or updated version as a single speed. All that would be required is a chain tensioner of sorts, Pauls Melvin is great in this application. As far as Internaly geared hubs it would come down to hub size, previous Mayor is 190mm the updated is 197mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Does anyone have tried the Snowshoe 2XL on the rear of the 2015 bike?
    On the front it cannot fit between the fork legs, but on the rear I'm pretty sure it will fit.
    But as the OD is bigger than the XL, that might interfere with the seat tube. I just want to be sure before ordering the tire.

Another thing, to date it seems impossible to find any stock in Canada for the Snowshoe 2XL. Or does anyone know where the secret stash is located?

Rocking on a Rocky
    Snowshoe XL front and back. You want studded?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    No I don't want studded.
    I already got the XLs, I want to go to the 2XL for the rear, it's not the same tire...

Rocking on a Rocky
    Sorry didn't see that on my phone no way a 2 XL will fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    They do not have the 2XL, and they are not in Canada either

mtbr member
    Supposedly fits the 2016 Mayor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yes windigo, but I was too cheap to buy a 2016, so I went for a 2015 closeout.

mtbr member
    I think the XL is a ton of tire, and maybe overkill anyway. Have you used them in snow? What do you want to run the 2XL's for?

winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi,
    I'm converting the bike to electric, and it will be used mostly in the winter, in snow. I want a maximum of floatation.
    I have another bike for the summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Hi,
    I'm converting the bike to electric, and it will be used mostly in the winter, in snow. I want a maximum of floatation.
    This makes a lot more sense than what I was picturing. I can hardly bear the rolling resistance of the XL's on dry ground, I can't imagine what the 2XL's are like. Good luck!

winter sucks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    He-He-He... Yes, they are power hogs.
    I wonder what it will be like on snow.
    But of course, it heavily depends on what pressure you're running the tires at.
    I'm going tubeless, to be able to run very low pressures.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey, RSD Mayor 2015 black V3 owner here! Time to revive this thread! I've read it all so I wanted to share my experience with the beast too!
    Yes it looks like a V3 as been made since my 2015 raw V2 cracked...but got replaced in no time by the LBS. Still in love with the bike!
    Been also upgraded with a steel rear axle, OneUp conversion kit 11-42t mate with Absoluteblack 26t oval & bash guard. Also running the rear Vee XL backward to help on the traction and no more than 5psi. Soon to be BUD & LOU but for now, this will have to do!
    Also cut the steer tube to lower the front as much as possible, even switch the stem downward. It suits me perfectly now! Maybe a Gravity Dropper Turbo LP next, to properly feel like going downhill in winter!

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3419.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3392.jpg

2015 V2
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3208.jpg
    2015 V3?
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3207.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Altair - have you converted your bike to electric? What motor are you planning on using? Post pics, please.

Hi,

mtbr member
    if anyone is looking to sell their 2016 Mayor carbon fork, let me know.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yes it's done. I used a MAC motor that I converted from hub drive to mid-drive.
    Works very well!.
    This is not the place to discuss e-bikes, so I'm attaching just one pic. Note that on the pic, I do not have pedals installed because I'm missing one part. So I made temporary pegs, transforming it into a... motorcycle.
    I shall make a build thread on Endless Sphere sometime.
    BTW, the Veetire Snowshoe 2XL doesn't fit on this 2015 frame.
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-p1060433.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    "Been also upgraded with a steel rear axle, OneUp conversion kit 11-42t mate with Absoluteblack 26t oval & bash guard."

I am curious about your thoughts on the oval chain ring. Also, is it screwed into the inner holes and the bash guard is screwed into the outer holes on the crank? Which ring did you get? I am feeling like 26 tooth is the sweet spot for my local trails so that I don't have to go beyond the stock 12-36 on the back end.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    dhbasher, could you please give me info on the steel rear axle you use? (In case I need it later...)

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidthefridgeguy View Post
    "Been also upgraded with a steel rear axle, OneUp conversion kit 11-42t mate with Absoluteblack 26t oval & bash guard."

I am curious about your thoughts on the oval chain ring. Also, is it screwed into the inner holes and the bash guard is screwed into the outer holes on the crank? Which ring did you get? I am feeling like 26 tooth is the sweet spot for my local trails so that I don't have to go beyond the stock 12-36 on the back end.
    The 26t is very nice for climbing and let me use more speeds on the rear. I was only using the 4 smallest speed (biggest cog) with the 32t.
    You don't really notice de oval except it feels easy to keep my pace with less effort. Really help if you use flat pedal.
    Don't feel any dead zone anymore.

And yeah, the 26t ring is 64bcd to go inside but you need a star spacer too to keep the chainline I think.

The bash guard just use the 104bcd original bolts on the outside.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    2016 Transition Patrol 3 (Satan's AM ride)
    2016 RSD Mayor (winter Fatbike)
    2016 RSD Mayor (29+, summer setup)
    2016 RSD Catalyst (700+, gravel & commuter)
    2013 Felt Breed (SSCX, winter commuter)
    2010 NS Bike Metropolis (DJ, bmx, pump track)

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    dhbasher, could you please give me info on the steel rear axle you use? (In case I need it later...)
    The steel axle is suppose to fix the problems that can be cause by the aluminum axle that tend to bend and could affect the cassette body.

It also help stiffing up the rear end.
    The bike shop had them in stock since they had a few defective rear hub to fix...

It's part of a recall apparently so better safe than sorry! Perhaps it's a FatLab axle or a "standard" 10mmx190mm steel axle?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks dhbasher.
    I checked mine and it's aluminum.
    I'll keep this in mind for the future.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Altair, you should contact your LBS and get your steel axle. The steel axle will prevent your pawls from wearing unevenly.
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi RSD,
    In fact, I bought my bike directly from you, invoice 1274. I think it was your last 2015 in the small size.

As I understand it, this is a warranty replacement?
    Could you send me a PM on this.
    Thanks for your involvement.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just wondering if the 2016 mayor has the steel axle?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Then it should have been replaced already. to be sure, you can just unscrew the end caps and pulled the axle out. It takes 30 seconds. If it's greenish, it's aluminum. If it's silver, it's steel
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    No, the 2016 uses Sun Ringle SRC hubs
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cool, thanks RSD.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Also, any known issues with the Sun Ringle hubs?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

The Mayor in It's Element

Some pics from last weekend:

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3455.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3452.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3449.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_3454.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_1872.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I want to say how happy I am with my '16 Mayor I was surprised at the value even after I ordered it and put it together, I am amazed of what you get for the money. They answered my numerous stupid questions and the whole process was painless.

I bought it to put the 2XL tires on, but that will wait till they are available retail again.

I went out in the snow yesterday and this bike rips. Very playful geometry. It wants to go airborne every chance you give it. My only modifications: I put a Bud up front and put tubeless valves in. They come with the strips and tubeless tape preinstalled. Have not lost a drip of stans yet. I ran 6psi front and 7psi rear on packed trails.

There is 6" clearance between chain stays and a little less in the fork.

Rob

mtbr member
    I like the lines on these frames, but what is up with the rear brake cable mounting. Seems like a big oversight.
    Last edited by in the trees; 02-01-2016 at 04:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks RSD, I removed it and I can confirm it's aluminum.
    I will wait for you to contact me.

mtbr member
    80 or 100 mm ? Thinking about getting one but I don't want to screw up the handling.
    Sorry for the late reply. The BLUTO is an 80 mm. They're definitely nice to have in the summer. I haven't switched grease or dampers yet. So in the winter I just leave them locked out. I'd like to get some carbon forks for it.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Sorry for the late reply. The BLUTO is an 80 mm. They're definitely nice to have in the summer. I haven't switched grease or dampers yet. So in the winter I just leave them locked out. I'd like to get some carbon forks for it.
    Contact Alex at RSD and see if he has any of the old 468 mm ones left over.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    email us at [email protected] with your info. We'll send you a replacement axle Monday
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    I'll do that

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSD Bikes View Post
    email us at [email protected] with your info. We'll send you a replacement axle Monday

Alex,
    Do you have any of the old 468mm carbon forks around?
    Thanks,
    Zeke

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Zeke, we don't have any of the 2015 forks left. That said, we have another version of the fork that is 135mm front spacing and 483mm A to C. The 2015 was 468mm.
    The 2016 fork only comes in 490mm A to C and 150mm front spacing
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=RockyJo1;12447887]Contact Alex at RSD and see if he has any of the old 468 mm ones left over.[/QUOTE
    I'll do that
    You would need a 150 mm spaced fork to run your stock wheel

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anybody have success converting their 2015 rsd mayor to tubeless using the original rims and XL tires ?. How did you deal with the Schrader valve holes ? I have the tubeless presta valve but I would require with some modifications ie drill out presta holes which I would prefer to avoid . I can't find much info? Thanks in advance for any suggestions from RSD or bikers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etik05 View Post
    Anybody have success converting their 2015 rsd mayor to tubeless using the original rims and XL tires ?. How did you deal with the Schrader valve holes ? I have the tubeless presta valve but I would require with some modifications ie drill out presta holes which I would prefer to avoid . I can't find much info? Thanks in advance for any suggestions from RSD or bikers.
    why not run presta valves?

The original owner of my bike managed to get the XL's setup with Gorilla tape and presta valves, but at the time i bought the bike, one of the tires had burped and he had put a tube in it.

I have since put Q-tubes superlight tubes in each.

I spoke to RSD and they said it's doable with the XL's but next to impossible with Bud and Lou.

If I decide to go tubeless, I may try the FattyStripper method or ghetto tubeless if I don't upgrade the wheels.

The 2016 rims are a lot more tubeless friendly than the 2015's
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    just FYI, on my 2015 mayor, in under a year I shredded my hub (fixed under warranty with extra springs), then I broke my axle (fixed under warranty with the new steel axle), then I blew my hub again (fixed under warranty with all new hub internals - new pawls and driver). it's running like a top right now - even with the issues, I've been really happy with the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the reply . I purchased the Orange Seal kit with the schraeder valves prior to taking delivery of the bike , I then notice the larger presta valve holes in the rim. Not sure this will be compatible or work effectively without some modifications . What kind of presta valves did the original owner put in ? I would consider the Q tubes 2.7 work the 4.8 tire ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Craig , that's a bit alarming . My bike spent the first 3 weeks in the shop waiting for an 1 X 11 sram upgrade prior to taking delivery ( not RSD or the shops fault , sram back ordered parts ) No regrets getting that 42 tooth rear . I hate the idea of having the bike in for repairs under warranty , even worse after warranty . Was there any warning signs for the shredded hub or axle . I am relatively light and weak and hope this will be easier on the bike . I like the bike so far , XL tires seems to grab and retain a lot of snow on it but I guess that can be replaced later

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSD Bikes View Post
    Zeke, we don't have any of the 2015 forks left. That said, we have another version of the fork that is 135mm front spacing and 483mm A to C. The 2015 was 468mm.
    The 2016 fork only comes in 490mm A to C and 150mm front spacing
    Thanks. I was hoping for the older version. As the front end is a little to high on my bike. I also believe I'm holding one of the coveted aluminum axles. I'll check later.

Muskoka

The Mayor, Blue, and I

...on my lake trail

https://www.instagram.com/bertschuh/
    Everyone has a mountain to climb. Everyone has a
    wilderness inside - Laurence Gonzales

mtbr member
    nice!!! always great photos BCD, great to see the Mayor out in the wild.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Uploaded from my Commodore64
    Last edited by horizontallyopposed; 02-24-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Muskoka
    Thanks Kreater! Yep ...this old boy is still kickin'

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

2016 Mayor paint chipping

I'm riding the 2016 and have nothing but good thing to say about the bike except for the paint job. Is anyone else having an issue with chipped paint?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hi Skiffer709, would you mind send us pictures of your chipped paint? We have not had a single issue to date. Thanks. [email protected]
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    So we all know the 2016 mayor will fit the snow shoe 2xl on 80mm rims. But will the 2xl on 100mm rims fit????? Hmmmm

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    A few pics of my bike,after we got tons of freezing rain, and two days after, four inches of snow.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-p1060479.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-p1060493.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-p1060490.jpg

Pedals not installed, again...

mtbr member
    deleted.

Thanks for clearing up my question Alex!
    Last edited by Swerny; 03-02-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Looking into the orange ’16 frameset to build up, what would likely be a better fit for me at 177cm which is I think about 5'9" or so?, M or L? I normally run 45-60mm stems and wider bars around 760 or so.
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2010 Giant STP SS

Muskoka
    Muskoka ride ...a sweet 20K

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just got the 2016 Mayor v2 in raw. Amazing bike as I rode it for the first time today and she ran flawlessly. At 6'3" the XL fits beautifully. Great components, didn't feel heavy...nice ride.

Check the guys out at Power In Motion in Calgary. Great deal on the bike as per their current internet ad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kryten View Post
    Looking into the orange ’16 frameset to build up, what would likely be a better fit for me at 177cm which is I think about 5'9" or so?, M or L? I normally run 45-60mm stems and wider bars around 760 or so.
    Medium
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

Trying to be helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelott View Post
    Just got the 2016 Mayor v2 in raw. Amazing bike as I rode it for the first time today and she ran flawlessly. At 6'3" the XL fits beautifully. Great components, didn't feel heavy...nice ride.

Check the guys out at Power In Motion in Calgary. Great deal on the bike as per their current internet ad.
    cervelott any pics, I'm going to be ordering a Mayor next month and I'm considering the Large or XL. I'm 6'4", leaning towards the XL but never had a bike with a top tube that long, usually 24-24.5. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5CA

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I'm replacing my black Mayor 2015 v3 with a brand new raw Mayor 2016 build 3! I love it so much, I'm upgrading to ride all year round and get a more suitable angle to go crazy on the downhills! FedEx arriving tomorrow! So stoked!
    Oh and I can ride a WeeRide baby seat to bring my 2yo dauther on these bikes. So I'll be able to bring her this summer too!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Guy, pm sent.
    Garry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    cervelott any pics, I'm going to be ordering a Mayor next month and I'm considering the Large or XL. I'm 6'4", leaning towards the XL but never had a bike with a top tube that long, usually 24-24.5. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    At 6'4 for sure XL. If not you, who would it me made for? I'm 6'0 on a large

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    At 6'4 for sure XL. If not you, who would it me made for? I'm 6'0 on a large
    Have to agree here. The XL is a perfect fit for me at 6'3".

Muskoka

Last official day of winter...

Muskoka

The Barrens Report

Spring time means messages and texts from southern ON mtbiking friends, asking me about riding conditions in The Barrens. Here is my report...

mtbr member
    nice!!!! love the photos...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Great photos, and superb riding terrain.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    dhbasher,
    I've always wondered what the raw color looks like in reality, is it just raw aluminum ready to be painted or is it silver-painted and clear-varnished?

mtbr member
    dhbasher,
    I've always wondered what the raw color looks like in reality, is it just raw aluminum ready to be painted or is it silver-painted and clear-varnished?
    It's raw aluminum with clear coat

mtbr member
    Beautiful pics and dog. Looks like a great riding companion. And some beautiful country to ride in.

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

Trying to be helpful
    dhbasher,
    Here's a couple pics.. (not mine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-image.jpg  

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-20160108_081028.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice bike!
    Looks sturdy. I'm tempted to order another one...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Medium
    I tried a medium at the shop briefly, and while I really like the bike and spec, it just did not fit me the way I hoped it would so will have to look into something else.
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2010 Giant STP SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    RIP "The Mayor" namesake Rob Ford.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

RIP mayor Ford

In tribute to the passing of the colorful man that inspired the name of my fat bike - I went out for a nice lunchtime spin today.RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_20160322_125020%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

RSD Mayor first impressions

I'm new to this group as I just picked up a gently used 2015 mayor a week ago. IMHO raw looks great - just polished aluminum with some varnish on it. Mine is equipped as follows:
    • Raw - medium frame
    • X1 shifter/derailleur 10-42 cassette
    • 1X 32T raceface turbine crank (will be changed to something more like a 26T)
    • 80mm Bluto fork
    • Avid BB7 mechanical disk brakes (I'm a big fan of the self adjusting nature of hydraulic so I'm going to give these a shot but may change them out)
    • snowshoe XL tires - studs are on order

I'm planning on only using this bike as a winter toy in the river valley trails near my house. My first impressions are great. The medium fits me well (I'm 5'11") - very comfortable. I was on the fence about getting suspension but I have definitely appreciated the fork as it really smooths the ride on bumpy descents. Handling on the trails is fantastic, a little more nimble on the technical stuff than my 29'r, probably because of the steep head tube angle.

Anyone notice the steering on the bike a little squirrely on pavement with snowshoe xl's? The bike seems to really want to take off in the direction of the slightest lean.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    reckhard,

Great picture!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yes, Snowshoes XL have a mind of their own on pavement. But of course, they have not been made for that kind of use. They are fantastic on snow of course, and not bad at all on dirt. Sure, you could run them at a higher pressure, but what's the point of NOT running a fat tire at a low pressure. That's what give them their great adherence. I like to do trials-type riding and when I'm on a very steep&slow descent with all the weight on the front tire, I get appreciative of this tire.

mtbr member
    RIP Mayor Ford!

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by reckhard View Post
    In tribute to the passing of the colorful man that inspired the name of my fat bike - I went out for a nice lunchtime spin today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160322_125020[1].jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	1058671
    https://youtu.be/Z01F289IXDY

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    That's my raw 2016 Mayor on the build process
    But since I was leaving for a holiday week, the 2015 Mayor will have to do for now.
    Love the 2015 but I'm going all the way for summer riding!

Muskoka

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbasher View Post
    That's my raw 2016 Mayor on the build process
    But since I was leaving for a holiday week, the 2015 Mayor will have to do for now.
    Love the 2015 but I'm going all the way for summer riding!

Chev, ça va te prendre un set de 29+ pour les weeride d'été lol ;o)

mtbr member
    if anyone with a 2015 Mayor is looking for a set of RSD 29+ wheels for their bike, I have a set for sale.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

Muskoka

Torrance Barrens today..

mtbr member
    Very nice BCD😎

mtbr member
    makes me want to come for a ride.....bcd

Muskoka
    makes me want to come for a ride.....bcd
    Sure! Come on up to Muskoka. Should hit Buckwallow too

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi, I'm thinking about buying a frame & fork, and I'm wondering if the 2016 carbon fork is centered, or if it needs an offset hub?

Rocking on a Rocky
    Hi, I'm thinking about buying a frame & fork, and I'm wondering if the 2016 carbon fork is centered, or if it needs an offset hub?
    Centered.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Good, Thanks!

mtbr member
    dhbasher,
    Here's some close ups I tried to take. If you look close you can see the marks in the raw aluminum. RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1459699146108.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1459699155677.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1459699164044.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-uploadfromtaptalk1459699170865.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    AH! OK Thanks for those pics, paco.
    It looks like the frame has been buffed with Scotch-Brite before the clear coat. I thought it would instead have been dipped in a caustic bath, which would have given it a more uniform, "etched" look.
    My blue 2015 seems to have been silver-painted first, then coated with a transparent blue, which gives it a semi-metallic look.
    If I buy a 2016 frame, I think I'll try to reproduce that metallic look on it.

Trying to be helpful
    Question for you Mayor owners, the specs say all sizes come with a 70mm stem, did yours? I've seen some pics that look otherwise, just curious.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Muskoka

April WTF!!

Trying to be helpful
    Picked up my 2016 XL Mayor in Raw from Cyclepath PDX in Portland, OR. XL weighs just 33.5 lbs with the crap platform pedals. I'm super impressed with the build and quality. Changes to be made, pedals, dropper post, bar, stem and brakes.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Muskoka
    Picked up my 2016 XL Mayor in Raw from Cyclepath PDX in Portland, OR. XL weighs just 33.5 lbs with the crap platform pedals. I'm super impressed with the build and quality. Changes to be made, pedals, dropper post, bar, stem and brakes.
    Nice ...looks GREAT!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The face of a proud new owner ;-)
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    I have the same build. Awesome bike! I have RF atlas pedals.
    I always wondered what it weighed. Thanks for sharing.

Trying to be helpful
    I must say I was somewhat concerned based off what I've read about fat bikes being slow and kind of heavy to pedal, I don't find the Mayor to be that difficult to pedal. Air pressure currently is 8.5r/7f (bought an ace-gauge with the bike, brilliant gauge).

I've only had it out around town on urban adventures, ridden it around some grassy parks and gravel railroad tracks, this thing is damn fun. I'm super stoked, can't wait to get it on dirt once I've upgrade the brakes, pedals and figured out bar\stem.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Winter mode

Non-winter mode

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Dropper post is totally worth it!
    Now feels like a full enduro beast!
    I've choose the Specialized Command Post Blacklite 425mm/125mm 3 positions because it WILL work in winter too.
    Just put Mobil 1 0w20 instead of the grease. It's air/mechanical, so you just put air depending on the conditions.
    Love it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbasher View Post
    Dropper post is totally worth it!
    Now feels like a full enduro beast!
    I've choose the Specialized Command Post Blacklite 425mm/125mm 3 positions because it WILL work in winter too.
    Just put Mobil 1 0w20 instead of the grease. It's air/mechanical, so you just put air depending on the conditions.
    Love it!

Nice Chev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

Quote Originally Posted by new8812 View Post
    Chev, ça va te prendre un set de 29+ pour les weeride d'été lol ;o)
    Oh! 27,5+ is more my thing!
    Would love a RSD Wildcat or Spec 6Fattie...

Trying to be helpful
    Ran into something interesting regarding my build 1 XL Mayor, when I was swapping out the stock 28t RF NW ring for an AbsoluteBlack 32t Cinch Oval ring, when installing the brand new chain (SRAM PC1031) I did not need to shorten the chain. I was maxed out on chain length with the new chain, due to having to add 4 links for oval rings the brand new chain measured out perfect without doing anything. Which means I doubt I could go up another ring size, seeing as its not necessarily a great idea to run two quick links on a chain, which would be my only option. Not that I haven't done in an emergency, but not sure long term it would be a good idea, I've heard it's not recommended by chain mfgs. Fwiw stock build 1 comes with an 11-36 cassette. Anyhow, just thought I'd pass that along.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    A big thank you goes out to Alex at RSD. I contacted him last week about my rear wheel skipping.

He asked if I had my axle replaced with the steel one. I hadn't. So he sent one off with a new set of pawls.

15 minutes of install time and my rear wheel is rock solid.

Thanks Alex. Your bikes are awesome and your customer service, spectacular.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0448-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"

A big thank you goes out to Alex at RSD. I contacted him last week about my rear wheel skipping.

He asked if I had my axle replaced with the steel one. I hadn't. So he sent one off with a new set of pawls.

15 minutes of install time and my rear wheel is rock solid.

Thanks Alex. Your bikes are awesome and your customer service, spectacular.
    Was it with the Mayor 2015 or 2016?

I did that swap on my 2015 but never had issues with the FatLab hub before or after that.

It's all other story with the SunRingle SRC Rear hub on my Mayor 2016. A defective rachet ring is a known problem from the early batch.

Rocky Mountain Blizzard have the same hub and same defective ratchet ring...early batch failing. 3 friends with RM Blizzard had the same issues.

I've contacted Hayes who deal with warranty for SunRingle.

Got a free new internal kit with the tool to fix that.

Went riding after the fix, 2km later, problem is back and it's even worst! Had to remove the chain because of a completely locking freewheel when I stop pedaling.

I have to send pictures of the internals on monday since the bike is at the shop...again...

At that step, a friend with the RM Blizzard got a brand new hub after that and it fixed it. Another one got it fixed with the 2nd internal kit. The 3rd one got fed up after 2 fix failing and went to buy real quality hubs...where I'm about to go if it fails a 3rd time...but for a bike that new, it's very disappointing. But it doesn't stop me from liking the ride feeling. I could ketch up to my friend going downhill chain less anyways! :P The ride is still amazing, just need the rear to be at the level of the bike!

Now, on another note.

I'm finally contemplating the idea of a 29+ wheelset conversion for summer riding.

His anybody here tried it on the Mayor 2016 with the Bluto?

Could go with Mulefut 50SL, DT Comp spokes, DT Swiss 350 hubs, Bontrager Chupacabra 29x3.0 tubeless...while I wait for Maxxis Minions in 29x3.0!
    Last edited by dhbasher; 06-21-2016 at 11:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    You have a very easy solution to try 29+: ME! lol, but you'll ride Stan Hugo... ;o)

Rippin da fAt
    Fata$$ is due to arrive in the morning! Looking forward to a Jeep that can actually go Jeepin round here. Damn it! It's like waitin for Santy Clutz to land on the roof...UGH!

This one's stayin fat cause Sarge is a little less rotund.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Just ordered a Mayor, spent alot of time deciding on my first fat bike to get. RSD seemed to have the best value compared to others with similar components, also the 15% off coupon on they're facebook sealed it for me.

Rippin da fAt
    Fata$$ is here and here's the dope...

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0358-2-.jpg

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0361.jpg
    Loads of clearance.
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0362.jpg
    D5 looks like a D4 in this rear end!
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0363.jpg

Unfortunately, my X9 crankset ain't gonna work on this frame. Kinda had concern there cause the arm to stay clearance on the 907 with a 190 rear end was rather close. Doh! After fitting the fork and wheels on the RSD, and measuring the BB clearance, holy smokes! I'll have an extra 1.25" of clearance over the 907! YAY!!!!!!! Now I can go Jeepin! Fukken A, Bubba!! Can,t wait til the crankset gets here so I can take the Mayor out and feel good about not having to call the AAA to get unstuck, uh pedal strike free. Wow, a novel concept, hmmm.

Alex is alright in my book. If anyone finds anymore blackmail pix of him get em posted here and the Sergent thread!
    Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Awesomesauce man, congrats. Can't wait to see the entire build and read some ride reports. My drooper is on the way, then mine will be getting some much deserved dirt time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Rippin da fAt
    Thanks, Guy! It sure is fAt. Can't wait to get this bike out Jeepin and enjoying pedal strike free offroad time! This winter 5.05's are likely.

It's the orange flavor that's really tart!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Your comment in the other thread brought me over.

How can you have 1.25" more clearance when the BB drop is only 10mm less?

What am I missing?

Rippin da fAt
    Real world measurements. And a flawed 907...
    The RSD fork is 490mm A/C whereas the 907 is 470. This based on my 2014 907 and 2016 Mayor. Perhaps the BB drop figure is based on a lower A/C figure.

Either way, my new Jeep has better ground clearance for a better offroad experience.
    Thank God!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Huh. Not saying you're wrong, but I have the same year aluminum 907 - the first year they went 150/197 - and I just measured the fork at 483mm A-C. You got a bum fork or something else strange is going on.

That RSD carbon fork, though - do you know what kind of terrain it's rated for, and if there are any weight limits? I've been looking for a good fork - Salsa is super late on their carbon Bearpaw - and that looks pretty burly.

Rippin da fAt
    Mine is a 190 qr. One of the last of the 2014's per the LBS. They coulda been wrong but the invoice stated 2014. I think the damn thing is a blem.
    Not an early edition of the 197 which was intended for 2015.
    Very pleased with 13" of BB height so I can actually ride offroad without being a potato mashing machine! The 907 will get built back up in the future with an RSD fork and be groovy all over again cause it does ride nicely and I think for what it is, I'll make it worthy of hitting mild trails. Frame flex is very concerning with it as well, so it's not what I consider sturdy enough to be treated like a mountain bike. (Note: Mountain bike is not by any means a "dirt couch" ie DH or dirt jumper)

As for the fork, it seems well made and has a lifetime guarantee. Some of the carbon forks I've had a look at feel kinda light and flimsy.
    My trials bike has been through far worse than I'll ever put "Larda$$" though. Not concerned about the fork as I'm the anti-clydes. Trials is for maintaining a light riding style and it works. 160#'s soakin wet without the basher riding style=long bike lifespan.
    Doctor recommended...

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Fata$$ is here and here's the dope...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0358 (2).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	1079819

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	1079820
    Loads of clearance.

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	1079821
    D5 looks like a D4 in this rear end!

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	1079822

Unfortunately, my X9 crankset ain't gonna work on this frame. Kinda had concern there cause the arm to stay clearance on the 907 with a 190 rear end was rather close. Doh! After fitting the fork and wheels on the RSD, and measuring the BB clearance, holy smokes! I'll have an extra 1.25" of clearance over the 907! YAY!!!!!!! Now I can go Jeepin! Fukken A, Bubba!!
    finally a decent color.

mtbr member
    Mine is a 190 qr. One of the last of the 2014's per the LBS. They coulda been wrong but the invoice stated 2014. ... Frame flex is very concerning with it as well, so it's not what I consider sturdy enough to be treated like a mountain bike. (Note: Mountain bike is not by any means a "dirt couch" ie DH or dirt jumper)
    Oh, that makes sense. I think they must have updated quite a bit with my model, it's bomber strong even under my lard ass too.

Thanks for the fork info!

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    finally a decent color.
    Werd!

Quote Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    Oh, that makes sense. I think they must have updated quite a bit with my model, it's bomber strong even under my lard ass too.

Thanks for the fork info!
    I believe you have an early 2015. The 15's were revised nicely.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Just ordered my first Fatty, 2016 mayor, medium, build 1 in Orange. Now just have to wait for it to get here 😁

Rippin da fAt
    Their shipping is a week or less. They use FedUp, FedEx, so pretty reliable.

Congratz and welcome to the fAt side! You're in for a real treat...
    Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsiiide View Post
    Just ordered my first Fatty, 2016 mayor, medium, build 1 in Orange. Now just have to wait for it to get here 😁
    Congrats and welcome to the RSD family. Enjoy, it's going to be an awesome ride, the Mayor it badass.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! now I just have to buy tools, shoes, a helmet, a pump, Guage, and all there other goodies 😅.

Trying to be helpful
    Question for anyone with a Mayor that came with Mulefut wheels, where the wheels ready, taped and everything, for sealant?

Trying to be helpful
    New toy for The Mayor. Fox Transfer Performance drooper; 30.9 x 150mm; external.

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Rippin da fAt
    Lookin good, Mr. Ford!!

Here's fatA$$...
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0367-2.jpg
    Catchin some mornin rays...
    RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0365a.jpg
    Chillin
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Nice bikes guys! Did u guys assemble them yourselves? Mine will hopefully be here Friday and wonder how hard it is to put together?

Rippin da fAt
    I did my build with parts from my 907. It went together quite well.
    If you bought a complete, you'll most likely have to slide the stem on and align it and tighten it up and fine tune. Can't tell you what a pleasant experience the first ride will be for ya! Oh yeah, pedals! You may wanna go shopping for some pedals.They are not included cause peeps can be very particular about the type of pedals. Platform, clipless etc.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the pedals, I'll have to buy some. I was wondering about that😅.

Rippin da fAt
    No worries! Welcome to the fatter side of fat...
    You're in for a good ride, indeed!
    Doctor recommended...

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    Lookin good, Mr. Ford!!

Here's fatA$$...

Name:	IMG_0367-2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	494.4 KB 
ID:	1080413

Name:	IMG_0365a.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	1080415
    Chillin
    How you going to pedal that thing?

Lol
    Collection of fun carbon & titanium bikes

@tgi_cycling

Trying to be helpful
    Lookin good, Mr. Ford!!

Here's fatA$$...

Name:	IMG_0365a.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	1080415
    Chillin

HELLS F#CKIN YEAH!!! Looking very nice Mr. Rune. Jealous of your tires, I have a set of Buds in the budget, but the wife has put my spending on hold for a few months. Love that orange, The Mayor is coming along nicely brother, cannot wait to see it completed, congrats.

Trying to be helpful
    Nice bikes guys! Did u guys assemble them yourselves? Mine will hopefully be here Friday and wonder how hard it is to put together?
    Basically what BansheeRune said, with one exception the complete's do come with pedals, albeit cheap Wellgo platforms. But its something to get you started if you don't have funds to drop or own pedals at the moment of purchase.

mtbr member
    Too late, already told the wife it has no pedals and she said I better get some haha. Parts shopping today at my Lbs

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by EBG 18T View Post
    How you going to pedal that thing?

Going chainless race today! It's an adult Strider! Hehe!

Lol
    HELLS F#CKIN YEAH!!! Looking very nice Mr. Rune. Jealous of your tires, I have a set of Buds in the budget, but the wife has put my spending on hold for a few months. Love that orange, The Mayor is coming along nicely brother, cannot wait to see it completed, congrats.
    Thank you, kind sir!
    Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Too late, already told the wife it has no pedals and she said I better get some haha. Parts shopping today at my Lbs
    Bummer, parts shopping can be such a pita.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Just got my Mayor build 1 in have to admit there was more assembly then I thought there would be but still got it together and really happy with how it looks. Have to take it out still put it through it's paces soon, Also I got no pedals with the complete which is fine I got some that a really liked from my Lbs.

Trying to be helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_bike View Post
    Just got my Mayor build 1 in have to admit there was more assembly then I thought there would be but still got it together and really happy with how it looks. Have to take it out still put it through it's paces soon, Also I got no pedals with the complete which is fine I got some that a really liked from my Lbs.
    Awesome Rob_bike, congrats! Post some pics when you get a chance. Interesting about the pedals, me wonders if the shop forgot to take the ones on my bike back.

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

nvphatty

Here's fatA$$...

yabba dabba dooo look ma no pedals!!

mtbr member
    Depending on what type of pedals you're looking at, I really like my Fyxation brand platforms. The slims are thin and have pretty good traction in wet and sloppy conditions. Plus, they're pretty affordable at ~$30!
    Surly Pugsley
    Surly Instigator 1.0

Rippin da fAt
    What Mayor? No pix, no bike!

Congratz, Dood! And, welcome to the fAt fray!

Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Well the wife got jealous, so I got her one too. Small black 2015 build 3. So hers is better then mine... for now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Here it is, going to keep it mostly stock for now and
    going tubeless soon. How much psi do you guys go with for summer riding mostly single track trails and dirt roads.

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0545.jpgRSD Bikes "The Mayor"-img_0546.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Rob, start out around 10 PSI and adjust it as needed. Softer for and firmer for hard surface. PSI is also dependent on your weight and riding style.

Now ya have a fun bike to play with!
    Doctor recommended...

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    I have been running 7.5psi F&R on my 26x4" fat tires. No rim hits and gobs of traction.
    Collection of fun carbon & titanium bikes

@tgi_cycling

Rippin da fAt
    Rob,

Your rims may already be prepared for tubeless. If they have the white tape on em all you need is sealant and stems. Be slick and only unseat one side to have a look.
    My Sergeant was prepped outta the box...
    Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Rob,

Your rims may already be prepared for tubeless. If they have the white tape on em all you need is sealant and stems. Be slick and only unseat one side to have a look.
    My Sergeant was prepped outta the box...
    Per recent emails with Alex @ RSD, the wheels are tubeless ready, taped and all, you just need valves and sealant. I'm currently waiting on my valves should've been here Friday but the sh!t place I ordered them from (Big Bear Bikes, Big Bear, Ca) took a fricken week to ship them.

These are the valves (speed-evolution) I chose - TruckerCo High Performance Buy Brake pads Tire sealant <<<not where I ordered mine from, though I should have.

Trying to be helpful
    Here it is, going to keep it mostly stock for now and
    going tubeless soon. How much psi do you guys go with for summer riding mostly single track trails and dirt roads.
    Congrats Rob, looks awesome!!! I really wanted the orange, but my OCD didn't want to deal with the eventual paint chips. You're going to love it!!

Trying to be helpful
    Finally!!!! Got my Speed Evolution tubeless valves today, will convert the wheels next weekend. Should be pretty schweet!! Excited to see how these valves compare to Stan's, should be an improvement given the larger core and seemingly better design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Bikes &quot;The Mayor&quot;-speed-evolution-valves.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Long time lurker first time poster. Within the next six months, I plan on buying a Mayor. The price is down right attractive and After talking to Bansheerune and seeing the thread I am convinced that an orange bike is in my future. (I am a diehard fan of black bikes) 😃. So this means that within a space of two and a half years I will have owned 5 fray bikes. (Three of which were stolen) 💩‼️ I look forward to getting one in February.

Oldbear
    Old bear says: REMEMBER TO USE YOUR SUNSCREEN

nvphatty
    Finally!!!! Got my Speed Evolution tubeless valves today, will convert the wheels next weekend. Should be pretty schweet!! Excited to see how these valves compare to Stan's, should be an improvement given the larger core and seemingly better design.
    Those should seal the deal(pun intended) the nails are in need of some fresh polish though..

mtbr member
    They look nice. Have you checked out the Milkit valves? I am running them on three wheelsets and am very happy with them. They allow both injection and withdrawal of sealant without breaking the tire's bead seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to be helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by Olbear6252 View Post
    Long time lurker first time poster. Within the next six months, I plan on buying a Mayor. The price is down right attractive and After talking to Bansheerune and seeing the thread I am convinced that an orange bike is in my future. (I am a diehard fan of black bikes) 😃. So this means that within a space of two and a half years I will have owned 5 fray bikes. (Three of which were stolen) 💩‼️ I look forward to getting one in February.

Oldbear
    Welcome bear. You won't be disappointed it's a sweet rig. Sucks to hear about your other bikes being stolen, I know your pain. I've been in my current locale for 2 years and had 2 bikes stolen in that time. Looking forward to seeing future posts, keep the Keep the Rubber Side down.

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Trying to be helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by Junglejay View Post
    They look nice. Have you checked out the Milkit valves? I am running them on three wheelsets and am very happy with them. They allow both injection and withdrawal of sealant without breaking the tire's bead seal.

I saw a review on NSMB or PB recently that had me intrigued for sure, pretty neat system. Could prove very helpful esp with these tires & esp rims, I've heard plenty say the beads are tough to break on the Mulefuts so there could be a Milkit kit in my future for sure if this is the case. Thanks for heads up.

Last edited by Guy.Ford; 07-12-2016 at 09:39 AM.

mtbr member
    I saw a review on NSMB or PB recently that had me intrigued for sure, pretty neat system. Could prove very helpful esp with these tires, I've plenty say the beads are tough to break on the Mulefuts so there could be a Milkit kit in my future for sure if this is the case. Thanks for heads up.

Mulefut bead seal was tough to break even when it had a tube in it! It sucked in in a funny way...

mtbr member
    Take lots of pictures Guy.Ford so I can see how it's done , as I'll more the likely be doing tubeless on mine and the wife's Mayors this summer. This system seems to be really nice. Got my 2 boxes of bike and gonna put it together tonight. The wife's should be next week.

Rippin da fAt
    Matt,

Hope you have as much fun putting em together as you will riding em! These are some of the most playful fatbikes on the production side of fat. Pleasantly fun and reliable. You will only need valve stems and sealant to go tubeless with the MuleFut rims. Only unseat one side to remove the tube and install the valve stem. That will make life much easier.
    If only there was a sealant that wouldn't crust up and make my tires feel like two ply DH tires and as heavy as hell. I was removing the dried material to restore the suppleness to the tires and finally went with Surly lite tubes cause I've not had an issue with flats. Two years and counting with the same pair of tubes and no patches! Now that I'm jinxed, pfft! Thanx... lol
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Well it wasn't too bad, took about 2.5hrs. But no pedals so I'll have to buy some cheap ones in the morning. I have pedals, a oneup 11-42 and a few other things I ordered. Can't wait to ride! RSD Bikes &quot;The Mayor&quot;-20160713_012303.jpg

Trying to be helpful
    Well it wasn't too bad, took about 2.5hrs. But no pedals so I'll have to buy some cheap ones in the morning. I have pedals, a oneup 11-42 and a few other things I ordered. Can't wait to ride! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160713_012303.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	1081758
    Looks good Matt, congrats. Sucks about the pedals, I don't believe mine was supposed to leave the lbs with the pedals-oh well. I'm sure you'll be able to find some cheapies locally to get a quick ride in, your going to love it. Enjoy.

Last edited by Guy.Ford; 12-05-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Rippin da fAt
    From the offices of FatA$$ & FatA$$...

RSD Bikes &quot;The Mayor&quot;-img_0386.jpg
    Jinx just had to check things out...

RSD Bikes &quot;The Mayor&quot;-img_0385.jpg

After two weeks of UPS traipsing around Colorado with my crankset, finally a complete bike! Rides purdy damn sweet. Very pleased with the Jeep factor of this bike!

And, no, the cat doesn't fit through a 197 rear, guess he'll need a 210!
    Doctor recommended...

nvphatty
    From the offices of FatA$$ & FatA$$...

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	1082364
    Jinx just had to check things out...

Name:	IMG_0385.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	1082365

After two weeks of UPS traipsing around Colorado with my crankset, finally a complete bike! Rides purdy damn sweet. Very pleased with the Jeep factor of this bike!

And, no, the cat doesn't fit through a 197 rear, guess he'll need a 210!
    some green bit accents make the mayor ready for steppin out.

mtbr member
    That's one good lookin pumpkin

Rippin da fAt
    Thanks, Matt! It's so playful and fun. Saturday will be shakedown ride in the afternoon.
    It feels sturdy and performs very well thus far. The polished rims give a nice "hotrod" look to it as well. Turned some melons riding wheelies through the neighborhood.
    Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Banshee looking schweet, have fun on your ride today, can't wait to here the ride report.

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Rippin da fAt
    Thankya Guy!
    So far it's a blessing to ride this bike. Fuel economy is 4 miles per sammich cause I can't stop going full throttle. It accelerates and carries speed nicely, considering the monster mudders on it. Been fun going out and hitting some dirt. The best part is how playful and fun the geometry makes the Mayor. It's a blessing to not have constant pedal strikes riding dirt or mashing potatoes in the snow.

Banshee looking schweet, have fun on your ride today, can't wait to here the ride report.

Doctor recommended...

Trying to be helpful
    Thankya Guy!
    So far it's a blessing to ride this bike. Fuel economy is 4 miles per sammich cause I can't stop going full throttle. It accelerates and carries speed nicely, considering the monster mudders on it. Been fun going out and hitting some dirt. The best part is how playful and fun the geometry makes the Mayor. It's a blessing to not have constant pedal strikes riding dirt or mashing potatoes in the snow.
    I concur, I couldn't believe how easily The Mayor pedals, I've found it to be much easier than the Surly KM or Salsa Fargo I used to own. I've been using mine mostly for commuting and riding around Seattle, the same commute that I used to do on the KM and Salsa, that includes some shitty hills,are much more fun and easier on The Mayor.
    I figured those 4.8(4.5) Minions would pedal like tractor tires, but they move along pretty sweet.

Rippin da fAt
    Hills aren't shitty! Those will keep your a$$ from getting like the mayor's a$$... lol
    Surprisingly the Bud/Lou are working well and offer rather nice acceleration @ 6 psi, so nope, they are not inflated hard as diamonds.
    It's a pleasant surprise that the Mayor just glides along and isn't a chore to ride. Thoroughly pleasing to ride and experience.

I concur, I couldn't bThiselieve how easily The Mayor pedals, I've found it to be much easier than the Surly KM or Salsa Fargo I used to own. I've been using mine mostly for commuting and riding around Seattle, the same commute that I used to do on the KM and Salsa, that includes some shitty hills,are much more fun and easier on The Mayor.
    I figured those 4.8(4.5) Minions would pedal like tractor tires, but they move along pretty sweet.
    Doctor recommended...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast