Ready to order parts, but out of stock- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ready to order parts, but out of stock

I was at the LBS ready to order parts, but QBP is out of stock on many parts. Even surly tubes! Guess my build is going to have to wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ebay is a good source of parts. I have gotten alot of good quality parts at reasonable prices

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix View Post
    I was at the LBS ready to order parts, but QBP is out of stock on many parts. Even surly tubes! Guess my build is going to have to wait.
    Bummer! What's out of stock? There are alternatives for most parts.

mtbr member
    Tubes are out of stock. I wanted to get 45nrth tires, but they are out of stock. I wanted a paul front hub for my White bros fork, that is out of stock. I think some other parts too. I'll probably just order everything I can at the moment then search for the other parts.

Mike

mtbr member
    I have a NEW Husker Du if your interested

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Welcome to the annual fall ritual!
    Latitude 61

nvphatty
    Tubes are out of stock. I wanted to get 45nrth tires, but they are out of stock. I wanted a paul front hub for my White bros fork, that is out of stock. I think some other parts too. I'll probably just order everything I can at the moment then search for the other parts.

Mike
    did you contact Paul directly??

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Q shows Tubes mid Sept. 45N tires no date. Whub end of Sept. They will all go fast. Get what you can now and then piece together the rest when you can.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBBY605 View Post
    I have a NEW Husker Du if your interested
    Hmmm tempting I might get the floyds, not sure yet

mtbr member
    I will, I would think another distributor would have one in stock, but just wanted to order everything from qbp, just easier.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I just got some tubes from treefortbikes. I think they have plenty in stock.

mtbr member
    Modern Bike has Surly tubes and tires in stock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chpfly View Post
    Q shows Tubes mid Sept. 45N tires no date. Whub end of Sept. They will all go fast. Get what you can now and then piece together the rest when you can.
    Yeah I'm ordering everything I can now. Then searching for the rest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hey Nobby, are those my 1200g HDs?

mtbr member
    You don't need Surly tubes. Just use downhill tubes and save some weight. As for everything else good luck fat stuff is always out of stock this time of year.
    The LPG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    You don't need Surly tubes. Just use downhill tubes and save some weight. As for everything else good luck fat stuff is always out of stock this time of year.
    Use the biggest 26" DH tubes i can find?

mtbr member
    That is what most of us do. I use the Q-Tubes or Specialized downhill tubes. Both work great.
    The LPG

mtbr member
    That is what most of us do. I use the Q-Tubes or Specialized downhill tubes. Both work great.
    Good to know, thanks!

nvphatty
    affirmative.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have been waiting 4 weeks for Q-Tubes 26x2.4-2.75 superlight from Jensen.

You can do without the Paul WHUB if you get the Carver spacer, and then you can use a DMR SS hub or the chinese Because or Bonz 135mm Trials hubs.

As per tire options, Nate is apparently slower than the HuDu but I am making it up way more hills than I used to. But to be fair, I'm looking to get a HuDu for my front as well...

One What?
    Whats different about the downhill tubes compared to regular 26" tubes? Pardon the noobish question.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFix View Post
    Whats different about the downhill tubes compared to regular 26" tubes? Pardon the noobish question.
    DH tubes are thicker, Normals or Superlights are preferred because their weight is half that of Surly's Toob. They work because the thinner rubber of some brands (Q-tubes, Bontranger) is very consistent in thickness and capable of stretching to double their specified size.
    This is nothing new, most correctly sized tubes simply allow for easier mounting of the tire, you will find using an undersized DH tube may require considerably more effort to get to the correct size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    Hey Nobby, are those my 1200g HDs?
    nope...still have yours in the back...No BS...waiting for another Wharton...LOL.. get any yet

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBBY605 View Post
    nope...still have yours in the back...No BS...waiting for another Wharton...LOL.. get any yet
    Cool. Sent you a PM.

mtbr member
    What is a Wharton?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    What is a Wharton?
    Wharton State Forest, heart of the Pine Barrens in NJ. We were supposed to get together for a mass fatbike ride earlier this summer. Had to skip it due to 100+ degree weather that day. Get that bike together and join us for the next one!

mtbr member
    Ahh that's a possibility!

nvphatty
    Wharton State Forest, heart of the Pine Barrens in NJ. We were supposed to get together for a mass fatbike ride earlier this summer. Had to skip it due to 100+ degree weather that day. Get that bike together and join us for the next one!
    Buncha egghead harbor guys huh? your not far from my relatives in new egypt & hamilton.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Buncha egghead harbor guys huh? your not far from my relatives in new egypt & hamilton.
    Nah, I'm further north, at the shore, but I make the trip for the fat fraternity. Fatbikers unite!

nvphatty

sorry for offtopic

Nah, I'm further north, at the shore, but I make the trip for the fat fraternity. Fatbikers unite!
    born @ the shore (PT Pleasant)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Too funny. Now I know where your sense of humor comes from. I live in Little Silver, up by Red Bank, but lived in Lakewood from '85-90 and used to go to the beach at Pt. Pleasant.

mtbr member
    Was over at the LBS the other day talking to the owner, Andy, and they have put in for a bunch of fatbike rubber (he said a bunch of 45NRTH HD's, Dillinger's, and Escalators) and they have fatty tubes in stock. He just built up a set of Marge Lites to some blue Hopes and waiting on some nice tires. Apparently they'll be offering custom built wheels and fatty builds.

fwiw... pedalonline.com or call 303.798.5033 .

Andy knows his stuff for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewelnak View Post
    Was over at the LBS the other day talking to the owner, Andy, and they have put in for a bunch of fatbike rubber (he said a bunch of 45NRTH HD's, Dillinger's, and Escalators) and they have fatty tubes in stock. He just built up a set of Marge Lites to some blue Hopes and waiting on some nice tires. Apparently they'll be offering custom built wheels and fatty builds.

fwiw... pedalonline.com or call 303.798.5033 .

Andy knows his stuff for sure.
    Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0