Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16

    Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE

    So I just bought my slightly used Satin warm charcoal/black Specialized Fatboy SE a couple of days ago. Got it at a really good price, and it came with extras. The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

    So, was my frame made in 2015, and not released until 2017 as a current year model?

    Loving this bike so far btw! Just gotta get a new saddle for myself. The Easyseat II that came on it is nooot working!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-f2c5b1e2-6ce8-4435-926b-1c490002cc4b.jpg  


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    What kind of seat is that? I just bought the same bike, also used.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16
    Itís called an Easyseat II. Itís not at all working for me though. I think itís for a bigger person.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper&Black View Post
    What kind of seat is that? I just bought the same bike, also used.
    Was yours the same color?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    Was yours the same color?
    Yup same color with upgraded brakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-0d55f4e9-f8b3-4519-93bc-4101461b1f6a.jpg  


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16
    Was yours advertised as a Ď15 or Ď17? Itís a killer looking bike! Mine still has the mechanical Tektro Aries brakes on it. They arenít bad, it I would prefer hydraulic.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,625
    Different countries get different colour options. So it may be worth having a looking at the other countries' versions of the website

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

    So, was my frame made in 2015, and not released until 2017 as a current year model?

    Loving this bike so far btw! Just gotta get a new saddle for myself. The Easyseat II that came on it is nooot working!
    This archival website has saved me many a time tracking down vintage of bicycles.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/sh...AisBike%3Atrue

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Different countries get different colour options. So it may be worth having a looking at the other countries' versions of the website
    I searched the SKU number and came up with the same thing in different countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    This archival website has saved me many a time tracking down vintage of bicycles.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/sh...AisBike%3Atrue
    That was where I went to and was able to narrow it down to a 2017 by using the filters. The SKU number matches there, as well as all of the bike components.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    So I just bought my slightly used Satin warm charcoal/black Specialized Fatboy SE a couple of days ago. Got it at a really good price, and it came with extras. The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

    So, was my frame made in 2015, and not released until 2017 as a current year model?

    Loving this bike so far btw! Just gotta get a new saddle for myself. The Easyseat II that came on it is nooot working!
    I bought the same bike (used, 600 Euros) and the receipt shows that the bike was purchased in 2015.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-img_20200727_161841228_hdr.jpg  


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboybiker View Post
    I bought the same bike (used, 600 Euros) and the receipt shows that the bike was purchased in 2015.
    Looks nice! I have since changed my seat to a Volt and my behind has been much happier! The real game changer came in when I swapped out the handlebars for a set of Surly Sunrise handlebars. This bike is now a dream to ride, and I love the old school look it gave the bike. I ended up cutting off 1" on each side of the handlebars as they were just a hair too wide. Looks, feels, and rides great now!

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-60886308394__e88a3176-152d-4ddc-bb7e-2165e43fe289.jpg  


Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade Project : Specialized Fatboy SE
    By Slider09 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM
  2. RM Blizzard -30 vs Specialized FatBoy/FatBoy Comp?
    By Engineer90 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 12:13 PM
  3. Specialized Fatboy SE pics
    By crohnsy in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 12:49 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 08:58 PM

Members who have read this thread: 44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.