Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2020

Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE

So I just bought my slightly used Satin warm charcoal/black Specialized Fatboy SE a couple of days ago. Got it at a really good price, and it came with extras. The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

So, was my frame made in 2015, and not released until 2017 as a current year model?

Loving this bike so far btw! Just gotta get a new saddle for myself. The Easyseat II that came on it is nooot working!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-f2c5b1e2-6ce8-4435-926b-1c490002cc4b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    What kind of seat is that? I just bought the same bike, also used.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Itís called an Easyseat II. Itís not at all working for me though. I think itís for a bigger person.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper&Black View Post
    What kind of seat is that? I just bought the same bike, also used.
    Was yours the same color?

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    Was yours the same color?
    Yup same color with upgraded brakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-0d55f4e9-f8b3-4519-93bc-4101461b1f6a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Was yours advertised as a Ď15 or Ď17? Itís a killer looking bike! Mine still has the mechanical Tektro Aries brakes on it. They arenít bad, it I would prefer hydraulic.

mtbr member
    Different countries get different colour options. So it may be worth having a looking at the other countries' versions of the website

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

So, was my frame made in 2015, and not released until 2017 as a current year model?

Loving this bike so far btw! Just gotta get a new saddle for myself. The Easyseat II that came on it is nooot working!
    This archival website has saved me many a time tracking down vintage of bicycles.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/sh...AisBike%3Atrue

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Different countries get different colour options. So it may be worth having a looking at the other countries' versions of the website
    I searched the SKU number and came up with the same thing in different countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    This archival website has saved me many a time tracking down vintage of bicycles.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/sh...AisBike%3Atrue
    That was where I went to and was able to narrow it down to a 2017 by using the filters. The SKU number matches there, as well as all of the bike components.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    So I just bought my slightly used Satin warm charcoal/black Specialized Fatboy SE a couple of days ago. Got it at a really good price, and it came with extras. The guy I bought it from had advertised it as a 2015 year model. I confirmed this as the manufacturers stickers were still on the bottom of the frame. Manufacturers date of 06/11/2015. The SKU number sticker was still on it as well, but when I tried to do a search for it, a 2017 Specialized Fatboy SE is all that came up on multiple websites. SKU: 99515-7603 On the specialized website in their archive section, this color bike wasnít even available until 2017. All of the drivetrain and brake info from the 2017 fits mine to a T. Nothing anywhere else comes close.

I bought the same bike (used, 600 Euros) and the receipt shows that the bike was purchased in 2015.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-img_20200727_161841228_hdr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboybiker View Post
    I bought the same bike (used, 600 Euros) and the receipt shows that the bike was purchased in 2015.
    Looks nice! I have since changed my seat to a Volt and my behind has been much happier! The real game changer came in when I swapped out the handlebars for a set of Surly Sunrise handlebars. This bike is now a dream to ride, and I love the old school look it gave the bike. I ended up cutting off 1" on each side of the handlebars as they were just a hair too wide. Looks, feels, and rides great now!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puzzled by year of Specialized Fatboy SE-60886308394__e88a3176-152d-4ddc-bb7e-2165e43fe289.jpg