Dirt Huffer

Pumps: Lezyne Over Drive vs. JoeBlow Fat

Has anyone used both of these pumps? Wondering which one moves more volume. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a JoeBlow pump because of the plastic parts that wear out and brake overtime. I think there are some better air movers but i dont want to spend a ton.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I have 2 JoeBlow Fat pumps. Both 2 years old.

No problems.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I have both bur in non fat--the Joe blow has lasted 10 years with no issues----the Lezyne has proven to be a pain with the funky head and it just collects dust---Performance bike has the joe blow at $40 online

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Lezyne, all day long.

Excellent customer service (and US based to boot) if needed. All metal construction (I detest plastic crap) and yes, they did have a weird head for a couple years recently, but have gone back to the classic screw on and pump, design, so if you have one that sucks, contact them for one that doesn't.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Dirt Huffer
    Ended up buying a Birzman Maha Apogee Fatty Floor Pump which I think will be better than either the Lezyne or JoeBlow. It does 0-25psi and is all metal like the Lezyne

"A quick comparison between the Birzman pump and the new Topeak Joe Blow Fat at Eurobike proved the Maha to be more efficient pointing to the fact that there is more to the efficiency story than just barrel size. "
    https://bikerumor.com/2014/11/21/rev...me-floor-pump/

mtbr member
    Joe Blow fatty user; came with defective gauge; quickly replaced by customer service. Very happy since.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My Joe Blow from ~1998 is still kicking. Took a while but I've used it for car tires in a pinch.
    I do also have a standard Lezynne Floor drive for when I need the solid connection of the screw on valve head.

At the time air volume was not a consideration in the purchase, and they still get by today.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I bought a high-volume/low-pressure pump with a gauge at the local supermarket for like $15-20, I've had it for about 3 years. Works great for filling a tire fast. I have a blackburn Chamber for setting my tubeless, but's kinda crappy for regular pumping.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

X-Ray Guy
    I got the Joeblow fat and love it. It about 1psi per stroke which is perfect for fine tuning pressures. I was impressed by the all metal construction and finish on it compared to some of the cheaper Topeak pumps ive had. I would highly recommend it

Dirt Huffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I have a blackburn Chamber for setting my tubeless, but's kinda crappy for regular pumping.
    That's a bummer. That pump isn't cheap. I almost bought one before i settled on the Birzman Fatty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I have an overdrive, it takes about 70 full pumps to fill the chamber to 200-220 psi. Easily seats tires on Jackalopes and also on HED BAD rims if you are set correctly. I almost never use it to make pressure adjustments if I can see my old specialized pump near me. Iím not really fond of the head on it but it works. I really only use it as a back up in my car because I can usually set a tire with a large Co2 and a slap of the tire.

Iíve watched many people make tire swaps in cold crappy weather with both pumps without issue and both get the job done.

Human Test Subject
    Dont you need one of those foot pump ones?