Pump and Gauge- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pump and Gauge

mtbr member

Pump and Gauge

Hey Gang,
    I'm looking for a pump and a low volume pressure gauge for my Pugs.
    The Lezyne Micro Floor Drive High Volume Pump was recommended on another thread but the pressure gauge that was recommended is not available anymore, according to the company.
    What would you recommend for a good pump and low volume pressure gauge.
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    which one are you looking for? there is a local shop that stocks the pump with the in-line gauge

if thats the one you want, I am looking for one without the gauge at all, I'd be wiling to pick one of these up and exchange it with you. PM me if interested

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjduct View Post
    which one are you looking for? there is a local shop that stocks the pump with the in-line gauge

if thats the one you want, I am looking for one without the gauge at all, I'd be wiling to pick one of these up and exchange it with you. PM me if interested
    I'm looking at one witout the gauge as well. I've read the gauge doesn't work well at lower pressure readings. That is why I'd like to know what lower pressure gauge is best.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Dr Gadget is IN
    You've got the scoop - Lezyne micro floor drive HV, or the Topeak Mt Morph for pumps.

Pump mounted guages typically start at 10psi, which is the "key" pressure for a fatbike - but you want to adjust +/-2psi around that value.

Digital guages read in the right range, but most read in 1/2psi increments. The 15 psi range accugage is the best tool for the job, but a 30 psi range will work too.
    GH Meiser company (accugage) made the 15psi presta chuck as a "special". Is that who didn't want to make them?
    This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic.

WSS/OSS: Open Source Sealant

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wadester View Post
    You've got the scoop - Lezyne micro floor drive HV, or the Topeak Mt Morph for pumps.

Pump mounted guages typically start at 10psi, which is the "key" pressure for a fatbike - but you want to adjust +/-2psi around that value.

Digital guages read in the right range, but most read in 1/2psi increments. The 15 psi range accugage is the best tool for the job, but a 30 psi range will work too.
    GH Meiser company (accugage) made the 15psi presta chuck as a "special". Is that who didn't want to make them?
    The one I wrote about was from Accu-Gage.
    Here is what a rep from GetaGauge said. "The only presta gauge we have is this one with a 160psi gauge: https://getagauge.com/BicycleTireGauges.cfm
    We had a low pressure one, but they are not available at this time. We had some issues with these and we are working on an alternative."
    Your thoughts?

mtbr member
    I'm very happy with my Specialized Airtool Pro. It has a 3" gauge which makes it fairly easy to get the right pressure. Not sure how accurate it is but it works really well for me.

Dr Gadget is IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtown View Post
    The one I wrote about was from Accu-Gage.
    Here is what a rep from GetaGauge said. "The only presta gauge we have is this one with a 160psi gauge: https://getagauge.com/BicycleTireGauges.cfm
    We had a low pressure one, but they are not available at this time. We had some issues with these and we are working on an alternative."
    Your thoughts?
    Hmm.Getagage doesn't even list my schraeder 15psi version anymore. Well, you can get the 30 psi presta accugage at
    Amazon.com: Meiser Presta-Valve Dial Gauge with Pressure Relief: 30psi: Sports & Outdoors
    http://fatbikes.com/meiser-low-pressure-guage.html

Or ask for custom for the mfg: G.H. Meiser & Co. - World's Premier Maker of Precision Tire Gauges

mtbr member
    This one came highly recommended by a long time fat biker. So I ordered one.

AIRCHECKER - tools - SKS Germany

Dr Gadget is IN

What's the readability? To the nearest 0.1psi? (like 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3psi for example) Or to the nearest 1/2psi (8.0, 8.5, 9.0 as example)

mtbr member
    The gauge is accurate to 0.5 psi. (per company)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by willzager View Post
    +1 I use this gauge too, it rules.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Yup. That's what I use. The Airchecker is great. (I'll have a review of it up tomorrow, if I get to it tonight). It does read in 0.5psi increments, but it does so reliably and consistently. It works great even when cold, dropped, dark, whatever. I have had several analog low pressure Presta gauges with poor luck long-term. The Airchecker has been very good to me--and honestly, even when running low pressures (I run as low as 4psi on the front of my Mukluk in winter), 0.5psi increments are plenty small for pressure variation.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lawfarm View Post
    Yup. That's what I use. The Airchecker is great. (I'll have a review of it up tomorrow, if I get to it tonight). It does read in 0.5psi increments, but it does so reliably and consistently. It works great even when cold, dropped, dark, whatever. I have had several analog low pressure Presta gauges with poor luck long-term. The Airchecker has been very good to me--and honestly, even when running low pressures (I run as low as 4psi on the front of my Mukluk in winter), 0.5psi increments are plenty small for pressure variation.
    Here's the review + pics, for anyone interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lawfarm View Post
    Thanks lawfarm, great review.

Members who have read this thread: 0