Pugsley Seat Tube Diameter- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drofluf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    369

    Pugsley Seat Tube Diameter

    I've got a purple Pugsley that I bought from eBay. Was planning to use a seat post from my parts bin but none of them fit.

    What size post do I need? I thought it was 27.2 but none of my posts fit!

    Either it's not a 27.2 tube or my posts weren't 27.2 as I thought
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

  2. #2
    Black Sheep rising
    Reputation: utabintarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    917
    It is a 27.2. The problem must be with your other seatposts.
    Let the market decide!

    N42.58 W83.06

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drofluf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    369
    Thanks!
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

  4. #4
    It aint gonna ride itself
    Reputation: MauricioB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by utabintarbo View Post
    It is a 27.2. The problem must be with your other seatposts.
    Or maybe the previous owner used a hone too enthusiastically. Or managed to somehow ovalize the seat tube. I'd get a shop's opinion, particularly if there's a problem with multiple posts that fit other bikes properly.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drofluf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by MauricioB View Post
    Or maybe the previous owner used a hone too enthusiastically. Or managed to somehow ovalize the seat tube. I'd get a shop's opinion, particularly if there's a problem with multiple posts that fit other bikes properly.
    Good thought!

    I'm taking it in to have a headset fitted this evening so I'll ask them to take a look
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drofluf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    369
    Well headset fitted and post confirmed as 27.2 so looks like I have some odd posts in the parts bin
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

  7. #7
    nvphatty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drofluf View Post
    Well headset fitted and post confirmed as 27.2 so looks like I have some odd posts in the parts bin
    save them for plumbing fixes..

  8. #8
    It aint gonna ride itself
    Reputation: MauricioB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by drofluf View Post
    Well headset fitted and post confirmed as 27.2 so looks like I have some odd posts in the parts bin
    That happens too. Traded one of mine marked 27.2 off to a pal who needed a 27.0 and it's on his bike to this day.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drofluf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    369
    Well I cleaned the inside of the seat tube and what I thought was a 27.2 slid in nicely!
    If you need me I'll be at the bar

  10. #10
    Black Sheep rising
    Reputation: utabintarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by drofluf View Post
    Well I cleaned the inside of the seat tube and what I thought was a 27.2 slid in nicely!
    Odd how that happens...
    Let the market decide!

    N42.58 W83.06

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.