mtbr member

Pugsley Carbon Fork Options - Help!

I have a 2014 Pugsley and looking to drop a little weight off the front-end. Considered a Sarma Hoboy...however they are out of stock on the 450mm and Sarma`s customer service left me thankful they were out of them! I have my sights set on a Carver O'Beast but am I missing any others?

If you're a Pug owner and are rolling a carbon fork, let me know what worked for you! Pics are also a bonus. Thanks!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not big carbon guy myself so I can't toss out anything sage in that vein, but for the money (and ride quality) you'd be far better going tubeless as a first effort.

Nothing like dropping more than a pound of rotating mass for the cost of 2 tubes, a bit of Stans, and 1/2 hour of screwing around.

From there, lighter bars, stem, seatpost and cassette will all drop a lot of grams in smaller less expensive, incremental chunks....

Keep in mind, that while they work great and offer awesome bang for the buck, the BB7's aren't light. Some nice XT's would net a nice loss and give you eyeball removing power too

Or blow several hundred on a fork and realize it still rides about the same as it did before, YMMV.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    I should have mentioned that I have dropped significant weight already off the bike with several upgrades (Thomson seatpost, carbon bar, saddle, lighter tubes, ESI grips, VanHelga tires, yada yada yada...) and my Pug is already around 32.5lbs ....My focus here is primarily on a carbon fork.

Rocking on a Rocky
    I just checked the site and Sarma have the Haboy 450 straight in stock for 250.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    On one carbon fatty fork. $205
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    Giant Trance Advanced 1
    Trek Farley 9.6 + Lauf
    Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeytrails View Post
    I have a 2014 Pugsley and looking to drop a little weight off the front-end. Considered a Sarma Hoboy...however they are out of stock on the 450mm and Sarma`s customer service left me thankful they were out of them! I have my sights set on a Carver O'Beast but am I missing any others?

If you're a Pug owner and are rolling a carbon fork, let me know what worked for you! Pics are also a bonus. Thanks!
    White Brothers Snowpack Fork 450MM offered by Fatbikes.com

These aren't the lightest but they do have a nice ride to them. They are a carbon wrapped aluminum tube as far as I know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    I just checked the site and Sarma have the Haboy 450 straight in stock for 250.
    Yeah I ordered one up the other day, only to find out (not from the company telling me, but me waiting and then having to call them and say "where's my fork?") they were out of stock on the QR's...Then got an email from them saying I could buy the 465 and just cut the fork which I`m still trying to understand....lol.

As for the On-One fatty, it seemed as though the geometry didn`t quite line up with the fork that came with the Pug...Although the pricepoint is perfect!

bigger than you.
    Carver.

Human Test Subject
    I used the Carver for a while and it was great but ugly. It's a 465 A/C but I couldn't really tell the difference.

The Sarma's stiffer and looks better and available in a 450 and TA, which is nice.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

bigger than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeytrails View Post
    Yeah I ordered one up the other day, only to find out (not from the company telling me, but me waiting and then having to call them and say "where's my fork?") they were out of stock on the QR's...Then got an email from them saying I could buy the 465 and just cut the fork which I`m still trying to understand....lol.

As for the On-One fatty, it seemed as though the geometry didn`t quite line up with the fork that came with the Pug...Although the pricepoint is perfect!
    if anything, the On-One fork would likely improve the geometry slightly by slackening it out a 1/2, but chances are, you'll not notice the difference, especially not in a negative way.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have the Carver and found the slight change in geometry to be benificial.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the trigger on the Carver.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Carver,what I run on my Pugs...its longer than the factory 447,it being 465. Makes the bike handle awesome, more like a cross country bike.I think with the factory fork it drove like a truck.