Pugs Crankset question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pugs Crankset question

So, my Pugs - a thing of beauty - has thrown a crankset again. The RaceFace Ride crank keeps having the retainer bolt come out. Not good. So a local shop put a sweet RF Turbine cinch set up with a 2X spider and rings and the appropriate BB in my hands. The question I have is if anyone else is using this crank on their pugs or pug ops as it is marked as being for a 170 rear end bike and, if so, which spacers are you using on which side of the BB?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm using it for my MN 2.2, the bb has a plastic sleeve that lists how many and where to put the spacers. I don't think it's different for the 170 centered vs 135 offset. 170=135+17.5+17.5, 17.5 being the offset in mm to the drive side. There is also a RF chart that has chainline numbers and crank clearance. Should be 1 2.5mm spacer on the NDS and 2 2.5mm spacers on the DS. Same for the spindle, but the spindle spacers are 1mm. I think I've now posted this link at least 3 times now on this site.

http://www.raceface.com/comp/pdf/FAT...CLEARANCES.pdf
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I'm using it for my MN 2.2, the bb has a plastic sleeve that lists how many and where to put the spacers. I don't think it's different for the 170 centered vs 135 offset. 170=135+17.5+17.5, 17.5 being the offset in mm to the drive side. There is also a RF chart that has chainline numbers and crank clearance. Should be 1 2.5mm spacer on the NDS and 2 2.5mm spacers on the DS. Same for the spindle, but the spindle spacers are 1mm. I think I've now posted this link at least 3 times now on this site.

http://www.raceface.com/comp/pdf/FAT...CLEARANCES.pdf
    Thanks. Mind didn't come with any spindle spacers, but has the adjustable spacer thingy.

mtbr member
    Reread your 1st post, you have the Cinch where I have the EXI interface. Here is the BB chart for the cinch, you have the BSA standard. Looks like 1 1.5mm spacer on each side.
    http://www.raceface.com/comp/inst/BBchart-x2.pdf

What do you mean by adjustable spacer thingy? Do you mean to say you have adjustable chainline by moving your BB spacers to one side or the other?
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.