mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight

I hope the reader will find this information useful, and other members will post their fat bike weight as well. Please include the maker, model, model year, size of frame, cost, condition (new/used), whether the bike was weighed with modifications or not, and any issue with ownership that may be relevant to current owners and potential future owners who are currently in the marketplace for a fat bike.

I own an iRide Rocker, by Momentum, a subsidiary of Giant.
    The Momentum iRide Rocker's webpage does not mention its complete weight. After a year of searching, I had found only one listing by owner, not retailer, posted at 34 lbs (roughly, I forget the decimal number, but 34 pounds, and some number of ounces).
    I am told to expect a slight variation on production builds for average weight.

Recently, I had the opportunity to weigh my bike on a postal scale, with the help of some friends. Here is what I learned about my 2016 Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant.

Manufacturer: Momentum by Giant
    Model Name: iRide Rocker
    Production Year: 2016
    Frame Size: Small
    Overall Cost: $620 + tax
    Condition: New
    Modifications: None yet.

35.8 lbs = Complete Bike, stock with wheels/tires

16._ lbs = Complete Bike, stock without wheels/tires.
    (I forget the exact decimal number and will round down to 16 lbs for convenience sake)

19.8 lbs = approximated weight of both Front/Rear tires!!!

(Weight is approximated because of the blank decimal range in the Complete Bike, stock without wheels listed above, and I am rounding down to 16 lbs. for sake of convenience).

On 2016-0918, some friends and I weighed my bike on a postal scale, stripped of extras I normally adorn my Rocker with, such as mirrors, lights, bike packs, cell phone mount, etc.

(I treat my Rocker as a road bike, and honestly, problem #1 is that the Rocker is geared too low to ride with other bikes on the street. For social group riding, it is fine, but in my opinion, the Rocker requires a change of the crank sprocket from 38T to some number in the range of 44T to 54T, so the bike will be able to travel with other road bikes at higher speeds. The highest gearing on the Rocker has a 38T front, 14T rear, and this is not high enough for me to keep up with other road/mountain bikes on the street).

The complete Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant, stripped of extras, came out to weigh 35.8 pounds. Then all we did was remove the front and rear tires from the Rocker, and weighed it again.

The complete Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant without its wheels/tires, came to weigh 16._ pounds. (I forget the decimal number, but the scale measuring the weight of the Rocker without tires/wheels read 16._ pounds, making the tires' combined weight at nearly 20 pounds.)

Surprisingly, the Rocker's rims/tires combo weigh more than the bike itself, weighing nearly 20 lbs to the rest of the bike, which weighs 16+ lbs. Is it this simple to ride a complete fat bike that weighs under 21 lbs by merely swapping in a lightweight rim/tire set (5 lbs combined), for the original super heavyweights, and lower this entry level fat bike's weight, by this simple modification that lowers the fat bike's complete weight to 21 lbs or less?.

Even with my recent discovery of the Rocker's actual, enormous. and obese tire weight, and the realization that upgrading to a lighter rim/tire combination would drop 10-15 lbs from the bike, I remain in the market for a new front crank first.

The Rocker comes with a single 38T front sprocket, but for my road needs, I require something possibly somewhere between 44T and 54T; and my mountain biking needs require a lower gearing, maybe somewhere in between 22T and 28T. It is clear that the 38T is not a good fit for both applications, so any gear modification would have to be two single cranks, or both at the same time, which would require a 2x front crank set, one sprocket showing 22T-28T, and one showing 44T-54T, and a fat bike front derailleur mount and derailleur system which sheds light on another problem.

The Rocker has other design aspects to consider. The Rocker's frame was designed to accept a 7-Gear Free Wheel Hub that is wider than the frame. As a result the right side of the frame appears to be cut and pushed out where the wheel's spindles mount to the frame. This may limit the chain's ability to travel across the gears. Imagine a tubular frame that got flattened and pushed to the right so far that the chain travels the lowest gears where the frame tube should be.

I don't know if this design will raise other concerns for modifying the Rocker to accept 2x or more front crank sprockets. Installing a 2x ore more crank on the Rocker will require the chain to travel a wider and larger circumference. Though I have not mentioned the space required for a front derailleur, I have discovered Fat Bike Front Derailleur mounts exist, and may make installing a front derailleur easier for a bike with a round seat tube.

In closing, my stock fat bike, the Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant, came out to be 35.8 lbs on its own, and 19.8 lbs was located in its tires. Without tires, the rest of the bike weighed less than 17 lbs. After I get a new set of wheels/tires, I'll be back to update my progress, and debrief you of my encounter upgrading the Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant, with the hope of keeping the complete FAT BIKE weight under 20 lbs.

Other concerns are the chain travel along a 2x or 3x front crank system, the front derailleur space required for a fat bike vs derailleur range of motion, and the odd frame design at the rear tire mount.

Upgrading inexpensively is a matter of money and fortunate timing, but however my experiences are resolved, I'll be back to present a new weight for my modified 2016 Momentum iRide Rocker by Giant to keep other/future Rocker owners appraised of the changes I have attempted, and how these changes have worked out.

Future and present Rocker owners may want to know/remember:
    Taking the Rocker off road violates the manufacturer's warranty.

Norđwegr
    Manufacturer: Canyon
    Model Name: Dude CF SL
    Production Year: 2015
    Overall Cost: $1810 + pedals
    Modifications: Mallet 2 pedals

29lb 12 oz / 13.5kg = Complete bike with pedals.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-resize.jpg
    Last edited by Vegard; 09-20-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    23-24lbs depending on what tires I have mounted up, about 4K spent.

LaMere Carbon frame (2.8lbs)

Build is just a bit different than the picture, now with XTR race brakes and Ai2 rotors (turns out you don't need a ton of braking force in the winter and you sure don't need much rotor "cooling", although I do use a 180mm front rotor to get a little more bite).

Some of the choices are made for cold weather, as opposed to just light weight, like the carbon handlebar, brake levers. Less heat transmission=warmer rider.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-image.jpg
    Last edited by Jayem; 09-20-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Manufacturer: Surly
    Model Name: Pugsley
    Production Year: 2012
    Frame Size: Large
    Overall Cost: Who knows at this point
    Condition: Well, well loved
    Modifications: Only the rims and the front fork are original to the bike - every other part has been broken, replaced, or upgraded, including the frame - though same model year frame.

I have no idea how much it weighs. More than some fatties, less than some others.

I'm currently running a 1X11 setup on the bike and am almost ready to say that it was the best upgrade that I've made to the bike - though not quite. I like the gear range, but it does feel like I am shifting a lot - always trying to find the right gear. I also know that when I finally decide to build some new wheels that will end up being the best upgrade...

The best thing about the Pugsley? Versatility. I ride the bike nearly daily as a commuter - year round. I also ride as much single track on it as I can and love hucking the jumps with it. It takes a beating.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Manufacturer: On One
    Model Name: Fatty V1
    Production Year: 2014
    Overall Cost: $1750
    Condition: Used
    Modifications: 27 tpi Dillinger 4s studded with lightweight tubes, BB7 180/160 brakes, XT 2x10 drivetrain, Race Face Atlas bar, e13 TRS+ crank, Wellgo WAM-D10 pedals, Magicshine light, pouch & battery pack, Kleen Kanteen 473ml thermos, computer, cage and rear NiteRider CherryBomb light.

About 36lbs in winter trim.

2018 RSD Middlechild
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1
    2010 Giant STP SS

since 4/10/2009
    This isn't very useful because it's not really a searchable database, but I'll play.

Manufacturer: Salsa
    Model Name: Bucksaw aluminum
    Frame Size: Med
    Overall Cost: I don't wanna know
    Condition: Almost 2yrs old
    Modifications: Everything except the rear shock. I built this bike from the frame up. Every part was specifically chosen for some reason. The only thing that's the same as a "stock" build is the rear shock and the frame itself.

It weighs just over 33lbs with a burly fork, carbon hoops, and a dropper post.

IMG_20160808_180357 by Nate, on Flickr
    Last edited by Harold; 09-20-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Flying Sasquatch
    Manufacturer: Motobecane
    Model Name: Sturgis NX
    Production Year: 2017
    Frame Size: XL
    Overall Cost: $1140
    Modifications: Wellgo MG-1 pedals

~ 36 lbs complete bike bone stock with pedals and Maxxis Minion 4.8 tires and cheap ass bike pump

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-sturgisnx_sm.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Manufacturer: Borealis
    Model: Yampa
    Year: 2015
    Size: Medium

Built up from bare frame. HED wheels, Juggernaut tires, Next 1 by 10, Carbon post and bars, eggbeater ti pedals, XTR 11-36 cassette, Slr seat.

Weight: 19.9 pounds. This will go up for winter because I ride studded D4's. It will go up for next summer too because the Jugs on this bike are the worst tire I have ever used regarding self steer. The ride is spooky at speed on an uneven hardpacked surface. I have played with pressure but higher did not seem to help and I won't go real low with those rims for fear of rim strike damage.

I have an old ti Fatback that ranges from 22.5 lbs. to 26 lbs depending on wheels.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Manufacturer: Framed
    Model Name: Alaskan Alloy
    Frame Size: Med (17")
    Overall Cost: Right around $1500 with pedals
    Condition: 18 months old
    Modifications: Swapped in Hayes stroker trail brakes, Wolftooth 42T cog, and added flat pedals. Currently running tubes on stock wheels with Bud up front and the stock Maxxis Mammoth on the back. Replaced saddle

Weighs 33.4 with some trail dirt, less than a pound I would guess, so put it right at 33 complete and clean.

Music & Bikes
    see later post
    Last edited by fokof; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:14 PM.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Manufacturer: Mongoose
    Model Name: Argus Sport
    Overall Cost: $450

33 lbs = Complete Bike, stock with wheels/4" tires/peddles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-argus2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Model Name: Argus Expert
    Overall Cost: $1199

37.2 lbs = Complete Bike, stock with wheels/4.5" tires/peddles/Bluto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-argus-expert.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    27.1 lbs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

frl
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Diamant
    Ltd
    8.7 kg tubeless with pedals
    15.5" (smal)
    Here is a link
    https://fat-bike.com/2016/06/diamant...an-pennington/

Nutrailer
    Manufacturer: Cube
    Model Name: Nutrail Competition
    Frame Size: 21" Large
    Modifications:
    Tubeless with neon orange rimstrips
    Suntour NP12 suspension seatpost
    DMR V12 pedals
    Homemade front fork mudguard
    Custom foam grips
    203mm Magura front rotor
    EBC Gold front pads
    11-40T Suntour cassette
    Abus ST250 chain bag

35.4 lb / 16.2 kg = Complete bike with pedals.

Name:  IMG_20160918_172143.jpg
Views: 5928
Size:  35.9 KB

vmk
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Manufacturer: Canyon
    Model Name: Dude CF SL
    Overall Cost: $1810 + pedals
    Modifications: Mallet 2 pedals

29lb 12 oz / 13.5kg = Complete bike with pedals.
    The same bike, but a DIY-saddle + tubeless and eggbeater triple ti pedals = 12.5kg
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-koodattu.jpg

mtbr member

907, XL, Nextie wheels, 5" tires, tubeless, Thomson, SRAM 1x10, Time clipless pedals

30 pounds even without the frame bag
    Yamaguchi Cross • YT Jeffsy • Salsa Mukluk & Vaya • Canyon Commuter

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Manufacturer: Sarma
    Model Name: Shaman X9
    Frame Size: Medium
    Overall Cost: $2600
    Modifications: Set up tubeless with 45nrth VanHelgas

24.5 lbs

www.sarmabikes.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Manufacturer: RSD Bikes
    Model Name: Mayor
    Overall Cost: $1699 + tax
    Modifications: dropper post, handlebar, stem, saddle, pedals, grips, oval ring, removed tubes went tubeless, hydro brakes, bottom bracket, frame bag

32.5 lbs = Complete Bike w\ mods

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-20160905_131245-2.jpg
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

bigger than you.
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_20160419_074334.jpgPlease List Your Fat Bike Weight-20160209_204335.jpg
    Production Year: 2015-6
    Overall Cost: no idea, i got stuff at a decent discount.
    Condition: ridden hard, put away wet, still good
    Modifications: built from the frame up with lefty shock, WTB Scraper 27.7 x 45mm rims, Mike Curiak built front, with DT Swiss Hub, locally laced Hope in the rear, either WTB Bridger 27.5 x 3" or Bontrager Hodag 27.5 x 3.8" tires, KS Lev post, WTB Volt seat, Raceface Turbine cranks, CrankBrothers Candy3 pedals, Shimano XT 1x11 group set (brakes, transmission) Wolftooth 32t elliptical ring and no carbon to speak of.
    Weight 30.8# with plus tires mounted.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    2012 (I think) Surly Pugsley
    Shimano XT 1x10
    Shimano XT rear, SLX front hydraulic brakes
    Sarma Hoboy Carbon Fork
    Marge Lite Rims laced to Chris King (rear) Hope Pro Evo Fatsno 2 (front) hubs
    Surly Knard 26x3.8, 120 tpi tires, tubeless
    Mr. Whirly Cranks
    Answer aluminum riser bars
    3T stem
    Thomson elite carbon seatpost
    Selle Italia Flite saddle
    Crank bros Stamp platforms

All told hovering around 29lbs. Not bad for a steel frame.

mtbr member
    Surly Pugs Frame Ops edition 2012
    Carbon fork, bars, rims laced to I9 hubs
    Thomson post, Kontact saddle
    4.0 SS Jumbo Jim Tubeless
    34x17 Single Speed gearing - CK cog, Surly chainring
    Raceface Turbine, Crank Bro pedals

23.8 Lbs of fun

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Model Name: Beargrease 2
    Frame Size: M
    Overall Cost: $????
    Modifications: full custom build

25.5 lbs = Complete Bike

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_5499.jpg

mtbr member
    Manufacturer: trek
    Model Name: Farley 7
    Overall Cost: $2700
    Modifications: Tubeless, Raceface 60mm stem, ISSI II triple pedals, salsa seatpost collar.

30LBS out the box.27.04 with mods.

2013 Cannondale F29 1 Alloy
    2013 Cervelo S5 Rival
    2012 Trek X01 crosser
    2017 Trek Farley 7
    2017Trek Domane SLR 6

mtbr member
    Oh dear...

Post your beer guts first... that will make more differance than your bikes weight not having one!

I know my weight makes no point bothering about my bikes weight!
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I weigh 86,000 grams no matter which bike I ride. That said my Wednesday was light enough for me to lift it up onto a the podium at a local SS XC race.

Ambassador of Chub
    My Blackborow is right around 30lbs.

I was concerned that might be too light, so I put a 2.5lb rear rack on it.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

mtbr member
    Well, I ran out of beer gut, so I put my bikes on a diet.

Make: Norco
    Model: Ithaqua 6.2
    Size: Large
    Weight: 26.1 lb as pictured. 28.0 out of the box.
    Changes to Spec: DT Swiss BR2250 wheelset, 4.8 Jumbo Jim (tubeless), SRAM X01 Eagle, CB Highline Dropper post, ENVE Riser Bar, Fabric Scoop Shallow Carbon rail saddle, pedals, 170 mm BB spindle (for narrower Q factor)

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-fullsizerender-4.jpg

The White Jeff W
    XL Surly Ice Cream Truck 32 lbs.

Mulefut rims with 4.0 Vanhelgas tubeless and stock crank convertrd to 1x10. XT brakes
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Cs-n019 from xmcarbonspeed.
    10.74kg

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    does a 27.5 x 3.8 hodag fit on the rear of a bucksaw without rubbing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160419_074334.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	1095749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160209_204335.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	1095750
    Production Year: 2015-6
    Overall Cost: no idea, i got stuff at a decent discount.
    Condition: ridden hard, put away wet, still good
    Modifications: built from the frame up with lefty shock, WTB Scraper 27.7 x 45mm rims, Mike Curiak built front, with DT Swiss Hub, locally laced Hope in the rear, either WTB Bridger 27.5 x 3" or Bontrager Hodag 27.5 x 3.8" tires, KS Lev post, WTB Volt seat, Raceface Turbine cranks, CrankBrothers Candy3 pedals, Shimano XT 1x11 group set (brakes, transmission) Wolftooth 32t elliptical ring and no carbon to speak of.
    Weight 30.8# with plus tires mounted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Surly Pugsley.....
    45 POUNDS!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slarti View Post
    Surly Pugsley.....
    45 POUNDS!
    Ouch, I could strap my Fatback to my back while riding my Yampa and still have less total bike weight than that....
    On another issue, it sounds like your rotor is not centered anymore and it's dragging on one side. Find the instruction manual for your brakes online and adjust as it suggests.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Manufacturer: SE
    Model Name: F@E
    Frame Size: 17
    Overall Cost: $455
    Modifications: 26x2.7 tubes, bash ring, removed reflectors and dork disc
    Weight: 35.5lbs

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I just finished building this up last week.

Manufacturer: Dengfu
    Model Name: FM190
    Overall Cost: $2,750 CAD (~$2,035 USD)
    Modifications:

XMI Play 80mm Carbon Wheels with FastAce Hubs/Sapim Race Spokes
    Dillinger 5 Tires, Tubeless

XTR 988 brakes, XT RT86 IceTech Rotors
    XTR 980 RD
    XTR 980 Shifter
    XT 11-36 Cassette
    One-Up 42T Expander
    RaceFace Ride 170mm O.L.D. Crank
    RaceFace 30T NW Chain (purple changed out to black already since taking this pic last week)
    KMC X10-SL Chain

Syncros FL1.0 Carbon Post
    Syncros XR1.0 Carbon Saddle
    Synrcros XR1.0 Carbon Stem
    Syncros FL1.0 Carbon Bar

ESI Chunky Grips

XT 785 Trail Pedals

25.8lbs, Complete bike with pedals.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-image1.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Salsa Beargrease, 8.8kg / 19.4lbs
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-beargrease-8point8.jpg
    Used Beargrease L frame and all non standard components:
    Tune Fat King/Kong 177/142 hubs
    Aeko Zirculum 90 singlewall carbon 90mm rims
    Sapim Laser spokes
    RaceFace Next SL crank, 32tooth
    Sram XG-1099 11-36 cassette
    Sram X0 type 2.1 derrailleur
    Sram XX trigger
    Formula R1 brakes with single matchmaker
    Jagwire L3 liner and Jagwire Hyflow orange
    HT components ME03T pedals
    Hope headset
    Enve 40mm stem
    Schmolke TLO 375mm x 27.2 seatpost (specced for 110kg rider)
    Schmolke TLO 750mm riser bar (specced for 110kg rider)
    Tune KommVor saddle
    ESI extra chunky grips
    Juggernaut pro tires (tubeless with gorilla tape)
    a dozen titanium screws (replaced all)

Cost around 3.5k euro if i calculated correctly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Bikesdirect Gravity Deadeye (non-monster)
    Still crammed a 26x4 FatBNimble in the rear and a 26x4 Vee Mission in the front. Custom 6 speed cassette (8 speed - 3 gears + 40t cog)
    Take-off crankset with off-brand 30t N/W chainring spaced outboard.
    Diamondback platform pedals.
    Sram X4 shifter and derailleur.
    Stem changed to 90mm with adjustable angle.
    Otherwise stock, with holey 50mm rims.

36lb

Mongoose Dolomite
    Snowshoe XL rear tire, stock front.
    Road cranks with platform pedals and 1x 26t ring.
    11-34 freewheel.
    110mm adjustable angle stem.
    Sunrace thumb shifter.
    Modified for full length housing, for those times when I use it as a raft to escape quicksand.
    MTX seatpost clamp rack with basic rear bag.

56lb

I'm definitely not a weight weenie. My hardtail is 41lb and my touring bike was 48 before I added more stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-beargrease1.jpgPlease List Your Fat Bike Weight-beargrease2.jpg2015 Beargrease
    raceface bars and stem
    30 pounds

mtbr member

Manufacturer: Trek
    Model Name: Farley 9.6
    Frame Size: Medium
    Overall Cost: $2.4k
    Condition: Demo
    Modifications: 4.5" Barbegazis tubeless, Bontrager Carbon seatpost, Origin 8 Carbon Space handlbars, carbon stem, ESI Chunky grips, Wellgo MG-1 pedals, and Brooks B-17 Aged saddle.
    Weight: 27.7 lbs
    2016 Trek Farley 9.6
    2015 616 Muenzie
    2013 On One Fatty
    2011 Trek Sawyer

Human Test Subject
    My new carbon frame bike weighs more than my old Moonlander because of the Bluto, carbon Jones bars, and Onyx hub.
    You change your own flats? Support your LBS and pay them to instead.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Manufacturer: Trek
    Model Name: Farley EX 9.8
    Overall Cost: $5500
    Modifications: SPD pedals. Crank arm booties. Small gas can.

Full carbon. Full squish. Comes in at 33.8lbs including add ons.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-20161023_173924.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-20170102_174134.jpg

Model Name: Dolomite
    Production Year: 2015/16?
    Frame Size: 18" (only size)
    Overall Cost: $100
    Condition: Used off of CL
    Modifications: FBNs and Q-tubes.
    Weight: 49.2 lbs
    Modified: 41.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Bluto:

Carbon fork:

Manufacturer: Motobecane
    Model Name: Boris
    Frame Size: 19
    Overall Cost: $600 new, $1400 (bluto setup), $1200 (carbon fork setup)
    Condition: New from Bikes Direct
    Modifications: 1x drivetrain, gravity dropper, cane creek 44/40 headset, kona 50mm stem, 35mm kona bars 760mm wide, vp vice pedals, removed inner rim strips,specialized saddle (replacing with a selle anatomica), carbon fork, 120mm rockshox bluto, carbon spacers, fsa compression plug, Clarks m2 hydraulic brakes, a set of surly nates ( going to be replaced with a 4.5 kenda juggernaut pro and a 4.5 120tpi snowshoe), new front wheel, Novatech hubs
    Stock Weight: 36.1lbs
    Modified Weight: 31.5lbs (carbon fork), 34lbs (bluto)

Q tubes and lighter tires are on the way, I'm guessing I'll be around 29-30lbs with the carbon fork, and 32 with the bluto after swapping them out. New wheels will drop that weight another pound or so.

mtbr member
    Otso Voytek
    XL
    nextie 65mm Onyx rear hub i9 front
    XT drivetrain.
    24.5lbs with pedal
    Could knock off a good amount of weight with a lighter rear hub and XX sram 10 speed. But the Onyx hub is so sweet and Sram stuff always breaks on me

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Model Name: Vinson
    Production Year: 2016?
    Frame Size: medium
    Overall Cost:$250 craigslist purchase
    Condition: like new
    Modifications: wider 3T bars. Shorter Raceface stem. X4 8 speed to SLX 9 speed

36 pounds with Specialized Bennies--ready to ride

I've put a bit over 600 miles on this bike including 2 day fat-packing the White Rim. Well worth what I paid for it

Last edited by cougar slayer; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:50 PM. Reason: add pics

Music & Bikes
    Frame: 2016 Ventana El Gordo
    Size: Large
    Overall cost : hard to tell ..... 4/5K ?
    Modifications : everything , was built from scratch
    RSD Carbon fork , Hope brakes ,headset ,front hub
    Williams Post, bar ,stem
    RF Next , Rohloff Speedhub ,Gates Belt
    Nextie Xifias Carbon with JJ 4.8 frt / 4.4 rr summer , Bud & Lou Winter

28.5 lbs Summer setup
    30 lbs Winter setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_1469.jpg  

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_1821.jpg  

"There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Fatback Skookum, 20” frame, dropper seat post, RaceFace Chester pedals and an aluminum water bottle cage.
    33.5 lbs

turtles make me hot
    My XL 907 Whiteout has 80mm Surly rims, 4.8" tires, tubeless, Hope hubs, Surly OD crankset, 2x10 drivetrain, SLX brakes, Jones bars, Thomson post and WTB saddle. Bike weighs 31 pounds.
    No idea what I have ointo it but I bet I could duplicate it for around 1500 bucks and make it even a little lighter with a 1x11 drivetrain.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Carbon Chinese Fatty with DT Swiss Wheels

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_2589.jpgPlease List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_2578.jpg

Brand - DengFu (Chinese Generic Brand) FM190
    Wheels - DTSwiss 80mm Rims/Hubs
    Tires- Dillinger 5 Self Studded
    Cranks-Sram XX1 Carbon
    Drivetrain- Sram GX 30 Tooth Wolftooth chainring 11-40 cassette (need to go 28x42 or 46 climbing in this deep stuff!)
    Post/Stem-Thompson
    Bars-SQLabs Alloy 15 Degree SweepX800mm
    Brakes-Shimano XT
    Grips-Suspension Grips
    Saddle - Ergon
    Fork-Chinese Generic Carbon

WEIGHT - 26 pounds - Im amazed at how similar my frame and fork look to those bear claw bicycles carbon frames, they literally look identical, but anyways its pretty damn light for the 2 grand I paid for all of the components. Ive ridden it pretty hard in the summer/fall on dirt, just recently got to try it out on deep snow, and I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed especially with the Dillinger 5 tires, these things not only float descent, but really shine in the slop, ice/footpocked trails are no problem for these tires. My first fatbike was a 40 pound pugsley that I bought 14 years ago, i paid 3 grand for that bike, so its really amazing the difference that time makes on bike prices and how light this bike is in comparison. It really makes a huge difference trying to climb up deep snow on a bike this light, i couldn't imagine how nice it must be on that 20 pound borealis earlier down this thread!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Nice build! I was looking at these frames the other night and considering building one up over the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Fattyrider38 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2589.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	1227470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	1227471

Brand - DengFu (Chinese Generic Brand) FM190
    Wheels - DTSwiss 80mm Rims/Hubs
    Tires- Dillinger 5 Self Studded
    Cranks-Sram XX1 Carbon
    Drivetrain- Sram GX 30 Tooth Wolftooth chainring 11-40 cassette (need to go 28x42 or 46 climbing in this deep stuff!)
    Post/Stem-Thompson
    Bars-SQLabs Alloy 15 Degree SweepX800mm
    Brakes-Shimano XT
    Grips-Suspension Grips
    Saddle - Ergon
    Fork-Chinese Generic Carbon

WEIGHT - 26 pounds - Im amazed at how similar my frame and fork look to those bear claw bicycles carbon frames, they literally look identical, but anyways its pretty damn light for the 2 grand I paid for all of the components. Ive ridden it pretty hard in the summer/fall on dirt, just recently got to try it out on deep snow, and I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed especially with the Dillinger 5 tires, these things not only float descent, but really shine in the slop, ice/footpocked trails are no problem for these tires. My first fatbike was a 40 pound pugsley that I bought 14 years ago, i paid 3 grand for that bike, so its really amazing the difference that time makes on bike prices and how light this bike is in comparison. It really makes a huge difference trying to climb up deep snow on a bike this light, i couldn't imagine how nice it must be on that 20 pound borealis earlier down this thread!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Fat View Post
    Otso Voytek
    XL
    nextie 65mm Onyx rear hub i9 front
    XT drivetrain.
    24.5lbs with pedal
    Could knock off a good amount of weight with a lighter rear hub and XX sram 10 speed. But the Onyx hub is so sweet and Sram stuff always breaks on me

Pretty much the same bike. 25# for me.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_2887.jpg

Sunrace 11-46 may be the difference.
    Wheels are Whisky rims w/Salsa hubs.
    RF Next SL crankset with Camo and 32T Oval
    XT 1x11
    XTR brakes
    Thompson seat post
    Answer 20/20 bars
    Last edited by BlueCheesehead; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar slayer View Post
    Nice build! I was looking at these frames the other night and considering building one up over the summer
    ya its a great way to get a light fat bike without breaking the bank, honestly I just can't justify spending 2k for a frame i only need to ride 3-4 months out of the year.

kk2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Specialized Fatboy Carbon with Rock Shox Bluto

Wheels - DT Swiss BR setup tubeless

Tires - Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.8

Crankset - Race Face Turbine

Cassette - Shimano XT 11 speed 11-42

Derailleur Shifter - SRAM GX

Brakes - Shimano SLX,XT

WEIGHT 28.6 with pedals. Not too bad I guess

Total money spent $2200. (Got a smoking deal on the frame and fork)

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    On One Fatty Trail in winter mode. I also have pogies, water bottle, and light on at 34lbs 1ounce. It has 4.6" studded Terrene Wazia tires. In summer mode with Vanhelgas it is under 31lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Manufacturer: Specialized
    Model Name: Fatboy Comp Carbon
    Frame Size: Med
    Condition: 2000 miles use since April 2018
    Modifications:
    - OEM Shimano brakes swapped to TRP Slate 4
    - OEM SRAM 10-speed shifter and derailleur swapped to Shimano 11-speed XT
    - RaceFace front sprocket upped from 28T to 32T
    - Sunrace cassette swapped from 10-cog 14-42T to 11-cog 14-46T
    - Steering stem shortened from 60mm to 45mm
    - Seat swapped for comfy Sportourer Gel Flow
    - Grips replaced by Ergon shaped cork grips
    - Garmin Edge 25 plus K-Edge action cam mount fitted
    - Garmin cadence and speed sensors fitted
    - SPANK flat pedals fitted
    - Bontrager ION-10 front and rear lights fitted
    - Cheap plastic spoke reflectors fitted
    - Duro Fleetwood 4.00x26 semi-slick tires fitted
    - Specialized frame bag (small) fitted
    - OTTOlock 60cm lock and ProMount fitted
    - Oi bell fitted
    Cost as listed: ~$3300
    Weight as listed: 28.2 lbs

I ride 99% on the road, and ride this bike every day I can for 10-20 miles average. It's geared for me to cycle distances in the 12 to 17 mph range comfortably; I've achieved up to 26 mph for short bursts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Pedals, cages, sealant, 4.8'' Bud's and a Bluto...27.5lbs.. Echo size large...If you run suspension and full sized tires I'm not sure how it could get much lower....

mtbr member
    Frame: Singular Puffin v2 DB steel
    size: Medium
    cost: $3-4K hard to say. Parts are old and new.
    Hope hubs on DT comps Surly 80mm rims tubeless setup, Vanhelga tires, XT Gruppo, Surly cranks, BB7, Canecreek 110 headset, RSD Carbon fork, Thomson seatpost stem and handlebar, ESI grips and Chromag saddle.
    30lbs flat.Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-47081275_10216161888947468_4155729777728159744_n.jpg
    Last edited by agustinv; 1 Week Ago at 07:50 PM.

mtbr member
    ^cool bike.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight

31.2lbs as is with Pedals, headlight, taillights, SLX brakes with full length hoses, bottles and cages. 2018 Salsa Beargrease Carbon NX1 size large. Paid $2,000.00 new
    Enjoy the ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50 Medium
    Bud and Lou tires(tubeless)
    Manitou Mastodon Pro
    35 1/2 lbs....LOL I didnt expect that
    as dumb as it may sound this bike feels really light when I ride it....it feels much lighter than my 32 lb Knolly Chilcotin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-20180822_182739_resized.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Borealis Crestone Elite with Sram XX1. It weighs 24 lbs without the rear seat bag.

it is my first fatbike and I love it Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-20181201_095951.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

aka bOb
    Right around 32.5 ready to rip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-23732549_2135603249798516_971897404_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_1972.jpg

Rocky Mountain Suzi Q 90 RSL large, tubeless weighs 26.4lbs with pedals (25.7 lbs without pedals)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Manufacturer: Framed
    Model Name: Wolftrax Carbon 27.5
    Production Year: 2018
    Frame Size: Med (17)
    Overall Cost: $1,599
    Modifications: Tubeless

27.6 lbs out of the box, set up tubeless.

slower than you

she ain't heavy, she's just a pugsley

38 pounds... sans mud, of course.

"May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    29.12 lb's with Barbs front and rear, with the studded Gnarwhal up front probably around 30 lb's.

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-img_7197b.jpg

JT1
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Framed Minnesota 3.0:

I weigh about 145 lbs. The Framed is maybe a couple of lbs more. So, 147 lbs, give or take.

Yeah, probably a few lbs over 30. But, I don't care. I love the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-fatbike-snow.jpg  

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-framed-minnesota-3.0-rockland-preserve-3-13-17.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    A lot of nice bikes!

mtbr member
    I have no idea and I don't care.

I own 2 fat bikes a 2014 Mayor and an ICT.

I don't have time to weigh them.

Get out and ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I only enjoy my fat our 4 winter months.
    33 pounds
    20 speeds
    Bud/Lou studded 100 gripstuds each.
    It is to ride as often as possible.
    90mm rims.
    Going light is against FAT.
    It is not a race car.
    It floats
    It grips
    It climbs
    It s a great winter fat !
    It is a Specialized fatboy 2017 basic.
    I took the Helga, a woman frame because a Real Fat should
    have a low frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw Carbon X01 - 31.4lbs w/o pedals

Different parts:
    120tpi Nates instead of Jumbo Jims
    Truvativ alloy seatpost and riser bar instead of carbon rustler bar and reverb dropper
    Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-8b6912c2-82eb-4f7b-ba87-5d6cc7547276.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My year round bike for snow, singletrack, gravel roads, and bikepacking. Love this thing...
    Manufacturer: Advocate
    Model Name: Watchman (steel)
    Overall Cost: $1400 + upgrades (Priceless! )
    Modifications: XTR pedals, Thomson seat post/bar/stem, Charge saddle, summer wheels
    Winter Weight: 33.1 lbs with 90 mm Blizzak/Wazia 26 x 4.0 with studs, tubes
    Summer Weight: 28.4 lbs with Carbon Speed/Jumbo Jim 26 x 4.0, tubeless

Please List Your Fat Bike Weight-watchman-winter.jpg