mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Otso Voytek winter performance/max tire width

I'm very curious to here how Otso owners are finding the performance of the Voytek in snow conditions. Does the bike manage enough traction on both wheels? I'm currently riding a Lamere that has a steeper head tube angle and I've found that in the commonly loose conditions we get here in Vermont, having weight on the front tire is usually a good thing. Would love to here how the Otso goes up...and down.

I'd also like to hear how wide a tire in 26" and 27.5" folks have been able to run. I searched all the threads I could find but didn't find much on these two topics, except for a few posts that do suggest you can run a bigger tire than the manufacturer lists.

Thanks for any feedback. Knees are getting older and it might be time to go to a narrower Q. I really like what Otso has done but I only need the bike for winter riding.

mtbr member
    I was very pleased with the traction of my recently built Voytek on my one and only snow ride. The geometry felt very neutral and similar to my other mountain bikes. Overall I'm very pleased. Regarding max tire size, 26 x 4.6 is typically the largest you can fit within the rear triangle. I haven't tried 27.5 fat tires but the fellas at BikeRumor recently released this article that was pretty revealing,

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/12/20...up-against-26/

They're also huge fans of the Voytek,

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/06/12...-fat-bike-yet/

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG View Post
    I was very pleased with the traction of my recently built Voytek on my one and only snow ride. The geometry felt very neutral and similar to my other mountain bikes. Overall I'm very pleased. Regarding max tire size, 26 x 4.6 is typically the largest you can fit within the rear triangle. I haven't tried 27.5 fat tires but the fellas at BikeRumor recently released this article that was pretty revealing,

Thanks for the feedback and the links.

mtbr member
    here's the Voytek thread which includes a chart for rear tire size.

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/ots...k-1021114.html
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for the link. I poured over the Otso website and had looked over that chart but was hoping for more real-life experiences with different tires since the listed sizes are all such BS. As a for instance I run Dillinger 5's on 85mm rims and they measure out at 4.5" so according to the Otso listing they should fit. Hoping that's true but would love it if somebody had that setup.

I was also really hoping for more feedback on how the bike handles snow. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there on forums or reviews that I've found describing owners experience in snow conditions. In my case the "four-season" capabilities of the bike don't push my buttons. It's super cool but I'm really after the low Q but I want to make sure it performs well on the snow. The HT angle is 1.5 degrees slacker than my Lamere that I've been really happy with.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    here's the Voytek thread which includes a chart for rear tire size.

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/ots...k-1021114.html

mtbr member
    Give Otso a call, they will tell you what will fit. I don't get much snow where I live so saying it does great in 4" of snow probably won't be of value. But I will say that the narrow Q is awesome

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I ride 3.8-4" tires in the rockies. I wouldn't worry about it. Stick a Nate or Edna, or "XX" back there, air down and ride it.

Will 0.25" or 0.5" of more rubber keep you upright vs walking? Perhaps. But that would be very specific conditions that you would very seldom run into. I stopped worrying about ultimate float mega-fat tires (ran all the way up to 2XL's at one time or another), but focused more on narrowing the q factor and lightening up the wheels. Now enjoying my 4" bike in all snow conditions and even enjoy hike-a-biking as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:01 View Post
    I ride 3.8-4" tires in the rockies. I wouldn't worry about it. Stick a Nate or Edna, or "XX" back there, air down and ride it.

Will 0.25" or 0.5" of more rubber keep you upright vs walking? Perhaps. But that would be very specific conditions that you would very seldom run into. I stopped worrying about ultimate float mega-fat tires (ran all the way up to 2XL's at one time or another), but focused more on narrowing the q factor and lightening up the wheels. Now enjoying my 4" bike in all snow conditions and even enjoy hike-a-biking as well.
    I like the challenge of riding in conditions that are barely manageable but don't love pushing if I don't have to. The ride I did today was like that and trust me when I tell you Nates were not going to cut it no matter how aired down. So in my case that extra 1/2 to 3/4" can really make that difference.

I've owned studded Nates in the past as well as Bud/Lou, even Big Fat Larrys way back. I'm a fan of the bigger tire in the soft snow. Lighter wheels would be great but I'll take traction over rotating mass if I have to make a choice.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've found for snow that I can BARELY stay upright--I'd rather be walking. Personally. Amazing where Nates will go at 0.5psi, though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:01 View Post
    I've found for snow that I can BARELY stay upright--I'd rather be walking. Personally. Amazing where Nates will go at 0.5psi, though.
    It was the best aggressive traction tire available at 4". May still be!

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by playinVT View Post
    I like the challenge of riding in conditions that are barely manageable but don't love pushing if I don't have to. The ride I did today was like that and trust me when I tell you Nates were not going to cut it no matter how aired down. So in my case that extra 1/2 to 3/4" can really make that difference.

I've owned studded Nates in the past as well as Bud/Lou, even Big Fat Larrys way back. I'm a fan of the bigger tire in the soft snow. Lighter wheels would be great but I'll take traction over rotating mass if I have to make a choice.

Thanks.

If a big fat aggressively treaded tire is a priority, it doesn't seem like this is the droid you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have 4.6 Wrathchilds on mine with an 80mm rim in front and 65mm rim in back. These have been working great for me, plenty of cornering and braking traction in front and the back hooks up well on the climbs. I have my axle in the middle position. I ran the 4.6 Wazias last year and felt the front washed out more than it should.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Iíll preface this by saying that Iím a local MN guy and an Otso fanboy. The Otso guys have been great to deal with.

A buddy and I both own Voyteks and have tried multiple tire/rim combinations. Everything weíve tried has been in the center tuning chip position in the rear.

First off, as youíd expect, you can run anything youíd like in the front.

The rear is a different story. 4.6 Wazias fit on both 70mm Lythics and 85mm HEDs. A 4.6 Cake Eater does not work in the back on either the 70mm nor the 85. The casing fits fine, but the design of the outer lugs causes them to rub the stays as well as the chain while using the 37/42 cogs on my XT cassette. Iíve heard of people dishing 2mm to fix this issue, but I opted to run a 4.6 Wazia in the back (which actually only measures 4.2íish on a 70mm rim) so I didnít have to worry about rubbing on the stays.

A Dillinger 5 doesnít fit on a 70mm or an 85mm rim, but Wrathchilds fit on 70mm Lythics.

A Jumbo Jim 4.4 on an 85mm HED just barely clears the stays and the casing rubs while in the 37 and 42.

Do I wish I could run a bigger tire in the back? Yes. The important thing for me though is that because I donít have the ability to have a bunch of bikes in the garage, my Voytek fills multiple spots. I run it 29+ in the summer and it weighs just over 23#. I set it up fat in the winter and it weighs just about 26#. Itís great year round bike for the type of riding that I do.

As far as how it does in winter riding? I think youíll always lose a little utility when you canít run a Lou or a 2XL out back on a 100mm rim and you want to ride the deep stuff. I ride mostly groomed trails. Itís works great for that. I do know that the Otso guys have ridden the Arrowhead 135 on the Voytek and that some of this years Tuscobia 160 were riding Voyteks, so Iíd say that itís more than capable if thatís what you want to do with it.

Buy one!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsti View Post
    I have 4.6 Wrathchilds on mine with an 80mm rim in front and 65mm rim in back. These have been working great for me, plenty of cornering and braking traction in front and the back hooks up well on the climbs. I have my axle in the middle position. I ran the 4.6 Wazias last year and felt the front washed out more than it should.
    Interesting. Those Wazias look burly so that's good to know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Bitten View Post
    Iíll preface this by saying that Iím a local MN guy and an Otso fanboy. The Otso guys have been great to deal with.

A buddy and I both own Voyteks and have tried multiple tire/rim combinations. Everything weíve tried has been in the center tuning chip position in the rear.

First off, as youíd expect, you can run anything youíd like in the front.

The rear is a different story. 4.6 Wazias fit on both 70mm Lythics and 85mm HEDs. A 4.6 Cake Eater does not work in the back on either the 70mm nor the 85. The casing fits fine, but the design of the outer lugs causes them to rub the stays as well as the chain while using the 37/42 cogs on my XT cassette. Iíve heard of people dishing 2mm to fix this issue, but I opted to run a 4.6 Wazia in the back (which actually only measures 4.2íish on a 70mm rim) so I didnít have to worry about rubbing on the stays.

A Dillinger 5 doesnít fit on a 70mm or an 85mm rim, but Wrathchilds fit on 70mm Lythics.

A Jumbo Jim 4.4 on an 85mm HED just barely clears the stays and the casing rubs while in the 37 and 42.

Do I wish I could run a bigger tire in the back? Yes. The important thing for me though is that because I donít have the ability to have a bunch of bikes in the garage, my Voytek fills multiple spots. I run it 29+ in the summer and it weighs just over 23#. I set it up fat in the winter and it weighs just about 26#. Itís great year round bike for the type of riding that I do.

As far as how it does in winter riding? I think youíll always lose a little utility when you canít run a Lou or a 2XL out back on a 100mm rim and you want to ride the deep stuff. I ride mostly groomed trails. Itís works great for that. I do know that the Otso guys have ridden the Arrowhead 135 on the Voytek and that some of this years Tuscobia 160 were riding Voyteks, so Iíd say that itís more than capable if thatís what you want to do with it.

Buy one!
    Thanks for that detailed reply. Very helpful. I'll have a chance to demo a Voytek ne t week. Really looking forward to it!

One follow-up question... Are you sure the Dillinger 5's don't fit? A guy at Otso told me they do and I measured mine which come in at 4.5" on 85mm rims. Hoping I can transfer those pricey beasts!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    D5 definitely doesnít fit on an 85mm rim. Weíve tried. It fits in the stays ok, but chain rubs casing/lugs. My Cake Eater 4.6 measured just over 4.3Ē on a 70mm and it didnít fit. I havenít mounted a D5 to a 65/70mm rim and tried it. It may be alright but I donít think it would be ideal.

Something else to think about. Otso recommends that you run their Camo chainring setup on the Voytek. Itís a slick setup and the Voytek was built around this design. The spider that ships with the frame set is offset 2mm. They now make a 3mm version. Iíve got one on the workbench but I never installed it. This change, along with adding a 1mm spacer to the drive side of the crank arm, while also removing a .5mm from the other side, might be enough to open up some more tire options.

mtbr member
    D5 definitely doesnít fit on an 85mm rim. Weíve tried. It fits in the stays ok, but chain rubs casing/lugs. My Cake Eater 4.6 measured just over 4.3Ē on a 70mm and it didnít fit. I havenít mounted a D5 to a 65/70mm rim and tried it. It may be alright but I donít think it would be ideal.

Something else to think about. Otso recommends that you run their Camo chainring setup on the Voytek. Itís a slick setup and the Voytek was built around this design. The spider that ships with the frame set is offset 2mm. They now make a 3mm version. Iíve got one on the workbench but I never installed it. This change, along with adding a 1mm spacer to the drive side of the crank arm, while also removing a .5mm from the other side, might be enough to open up some more tire options.
    Interesting info on the new offset spider. Something to consider for a future swap. Re the 70mm rims/4.6" CakeEater combo-are you running that up front? I recently bought a Voytek with that front set up and I'm struggling to find a psi where it doesn't feel squirmy. I'm trying to decide if it is due to the Tire/tread design, the narrowish rim, or the combination of a narrower rim and fatter tire. (compared to the vanhelga/mulfut I had on my old bike) Changing to a different tire and/or wider rim is something to consider but could get expensive quick! Thanks for any insight you might have to share!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Thanks. That's very helpful. I'm assuming the CAMO spider pushes the chainline out away from the frame then? It would seem like you could use spacers on the spindle to make some room.

I'm pretty focused on maintaining as large a footprint as possible as we don't have much groomed track where I live in VT currently.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Interesting. Those Wazias look burly so that's good to know. Thanks.
    The dense tread pattern on the Wazias do make them roll faster than the Wrathchild, but it hurts them some in snow traction.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    If a big fat aggressively treaded tire is a priority, it doesn't seem like this is the droid you're looking for.
    Agreed but my knees may have something else to say about it. I'm not aware of any other bikes that have a low Q that can also take some wide rubber. I think the Suzi Q is the same width capacity or less. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsti View Post
    Do you have to run the 65mm's in the rear to gain the clearance? We're talking 26", right? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Do you have to run the 65mm's in the rear to gain the clearance? We're talking 26", right? Thanks.
    Yes, 65 (or maybe 70) in the back for clearance. This is on 26".

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Many of their first runs shipped with a +1mm offset spider. They are now coming with the +2mm one.

I had issues with the chain rubbing a tubeless 4.6 Wazia. The Otso guys dished my wheel over a couple of mms, hooked me up with a center tuning chip & also replaced my p1 spider with a p2. They also said that they were close to getting in prototype p3 spiders, looks like I need to contact them as I still get a tiny bit of chain rub when in granny gear. Clearance around the stays is good, fwiw.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by walloftvs View Post
    Many of their first runs shipped with a +1mm offset spider. They are now coming with the +2mm one.

I had issues with the chain rubbing a tubeless 4.6 Wazia. The Otso guys dished my wheel over a couple of mms, hooked me up with a center tuning chip & also replaced my p1 spider with a p2. They also said that they were close to getting in prototype p3 spiders, looks like I need to contact them as I still get a tiny bit of chain rub when in granny gear. Clearance around the stays is good, fwiw.
    I should contact them too, I have the same issue with a 4.6 Wazia on the rear. No issue with a 4.0, but I wouldnít mind a little more meat.
    MiTT
    Denver Metro (Front Range), Colorado

'17 Otso Voytek (B+ & Fat)
    '00 Yeti ARC
    '12 Novara Buzz

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

While the 27.5x4.5 Gnarwhal "fits" the rear of the Otso Voytek,there is less than 3mm clearance after stretching. It will rub on the chainstays in the longest setting while riding. Not a functional setup.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    If you want a bike with a narrow q-factor (for a fat bike) and the ability to run the widest tires, check out what Cannondale brought to the table with the Fat Caad. With a 1x drivetrain the q-factor is 198mm, and it can handle the widest 4.8" tires with room to spare.

Otso is getting all sorts of hype for
    the Voytek's q-factor (minimum of 183mm with specific cranks per their website), but it comes with all sorts of tire/wheel limitations. For only a half inch more q, the Cannondale will fit most any tire you'd want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarMonkey View Post
    If you want a bike with a narrow q-factor (for a fat bike) and the ability to run the widest tires, check out what Cannondale brought to the table with the Fat Caad. With a 1x drivetrain the q-factor is 198mm, and it can handle the widest 4.8" tires with room to spare.

the Voytek's q-factor (minimum of 183mm with specific cranks per their website), but it comes with all sorts of tire/wheel limitations. For only a half inch more q, the Cannondale will fit most any tire you'd want.
    They aren't special cranks, they use a Race Face Aeffect cinch system crank with an 83mm bottom bracket spindle. The Turbines or others would fit I think. At least, that is my understanding. In the world of bikes, 15mm can be bigger than you think. Rim width also plays a factor in overall tire size.

I should also mention that Otso isn't the only 83mm BB in town, but the tuning chip and the tire size chart make guessing if a tire fits a lot easier. There are also a couple companies that make plus bike with a 73mm BB that will fit a 4in tire with an IGH or as a SS. All of which are 1x, but we live in a 1x world these days.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Iíve got a Race Face 83mm B.B. kit if anyone is interested

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarMonkey View Post

While I dig the fact that my Voytek has a narrow q-factor, this wasnít my main draw to the bike. I like the fact that the bike can be setup so many different ways and enjoyed all year long. A 4.8 would be nice every once in awhile out back, but my 4.6 has been great for 95% of what Iíve ridden this winter. When the snow is gone Iíll set it up rigid 29+ and roll dirt roads. When the trails open, Iíll put the Fox 34 on the front, set the tuning chip to 430mm and have a good time. 5 Wheels and a couple of forks gets me 3 bikes.

I actually think the main reason I like the Otso brand is that itís small. Itís a few guys designing bikes about 2 hours south of me. This spring I plan to buy their Warakin framset and set it up for doing some 100 mile gravel rides. Looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    While I dig the fact that my Voytek has a narrow q-factor, this wasnít my main draw to the bike. I like the fact that the bike can be setup so many different ways and enjoyed all year long. A 4.8 would be nice every once in awhile out back, but my 4.6 has been great for 95% of what Iíve ridden this winter. When the snow is gone Iíll set it up rigid 29+ and roll dirt roads. When the trails open, Iíll put the Fox 34 on the front, set the tuning chip to 430mm and have a good time. 5 Wheels and a couple of forks gets me 3 bikes.

I actually think the main reason I like the Otso brand is that itís small. Itís a few guys designing bikes about 2 hours south of me. This spring I plan to buy their Warakin framset and set it up for doing some 100 mile gravel rides. Looking forward to it.
    You can do that with most fat bikes, I have 29+, 27.5 Fat and 26 x 4.8 wheels I use on my Norco.

We just setup a Otso with JJ 4.4 and there is not much room left. Don't know how you fit a true 4.6 in there. That is why I did not get one myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    We just setup a Otso with JJ 4.4 and there is not much room left. Don't know how you fit a true 4.6 in there. That is why I did not get one myself.
    Rim width plays a bit in the overall size of the tire. The Otso can fit a 4.6 on 70mm rim with the tuning chip in the longest cs position IIRC. So, the tire won't fit on an 80 or 100mm rim in the frame.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The 4.6 Wazia fits on an 85 and a 70. The 4.6 Cake Eater doesnít work on either. The Wrathchilds fit on both as well.

When I say fits, I mean it actually works all through the gears and doesnít rub. Iíve tried tires that will Ďfití but donít let me use my 42 cog out back. Iím happy with a 4.6 Wazia out back on a 70. Might try a Wrathchild just for fun.

mtbr member
    The 4.6 Wazia fits on an 85 and a 70. The 4.6 Cake Eater doesnít work on either. The Wrathchilds fit on both as well.

When I say fits, I mean it actually works all through the gears and doesnít rub. Iíve tried tires that will Ďfití but donít let me use my 42 cog out back. Iím happy with a 4.6 Wazia out back on a 70. Might try a Wrathchild just for fun.
    Given the expense of fat rims/wheels/tires, this sort of info is incredibly useful and I thank you for posting it! I have the stock 70mm Lythic rims on my Voytek and they're alright but I sometimes miss the wider footprint/stability of my last bike's Mulfut rims and VanHelga tires. I'm impressed to read that the Wrathchilds will fit front and rear on 80mm rims. I might have to make that investment down the road!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    4.5 would be the best considering your situation

mtbr member
    Anyone tried the Jumbo Jim 4.4" in back in the rear most dropout position?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Anyone tried the Jumbo Jim 4.4" in back in the rear most dropout position?
    Yep. My buddy runs a 4.4 JJ on an 85mm HED. Works fine in middle and rear drop out positions.

mtbr member
    Yep. My buddy runs a 4.4 JJ on an 85mm HED. Works fine in middle and rear drop out positions.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm thinking about a "Fast" tire(s) for the summer. It's between the Jumbo Jim and the Husker Du right now...

mtbr member
    Anyone tried a Surly Edna in the back of their Voytek?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I havenít seen it attempted yet.

From everything that Iíve read and seen photos of in the internets, the Edna actually measures right about 4.3Ē. Strange, huh? A tire actually measuring the same size as marked?

That being said, the 4.6 Cake Eater/70mm Lythic combo that I had on the back of mine measured like 4.312 and it didnít work. The side lugs may be bigger on the Cake Eater than the Edna, but the casing still may rub while using 37 & 42 out back.

My 4.6 Wazia measures less than 4.3 and rubs ever so slightly when hammering up a hill.

Only one way to find out for sure!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I had a set on 80mm rims. No issues, the same clearance or a hair more than the 4.6 Wazia.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackflys64 View Post
    I had a set on 80mm rims. No issues, the same clearance or a hair more than the 4.6 Wazia.
    Excellent! I've got a pair sitting in the garage. Which position are your dropouts in to accommodate them?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Excellent! I've got a pair sitting in the garage. Which position are your dropouts in to accommodate them?
    Mid Position.

mtbr member
    Excellent-thank you!

mtbr member
    I have a second data point on D5's on the back...it does not work. I tried it with my Whisky 70 rim and chip in the back position... no go. It clears the frame fine, but the side lugs rub the chain in the two biggest cogs.

Now could it be made to work by dishing the rim toward the non-drive side,a +3 spider and some crank spacers? Maybe
    Last edited by BlueCheesehead; 04-22-2018 at 04:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Not sure why my experience differs on this, but the 4.6" Wrathchild on a Bontrager Jackalope rim does not fit the back of my Voytek. Flipchip is in the rear-most position. The tire clears the frame-not by much-but the chain rubs the knobs and sidewall in several easier gears. I'm going to try the two other tires I have on hand, a 4" Cakeater and a 4.4" JumboJim, I'm sure one or both will fit ok. The Wrathchild/Jackalope combo will fit up front I'm sure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not sure why my experience differs on this, but the 4.6" Wrathchild on a Bontrager Jackalope rim does not fit the back of my Voytek. Flipchip is in the rear-most position. The tire clears the frame-not by much-but the chain rubs the knobs and sidewall in several easier gears. I'm going to try the two other tires I have on hand, a 4" Cakeater and a 4.4" JumboJim, I'm sure one or both will fit ok. The Wrathchild/Jackalope combo will fit up front I'm sure.
    The 4Ē Cake Eater will fit just fine. The 4.4 Jumbo Jim will rub, but still work alright. My buddy runs a 4.4 JJ on an 85mm HED. It rubs on the sidewall in the 42 cog. He doesnít use 42 that often, so rarely has an issue.

Interesting that the Wrathchild doesnít fit. I thought it was pretty narrow. It will definitely fit up front. You could fit on 2XL up there if you wanted.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Thatís strange. I just test rode an Otso and switched out my wheels which are Sarma 80mm rims with 4.6 Wrathchilds. No clearance issues in the rearmost chip position. I was also able to fit Dillinger 5ís. Plenty of room at the chain in my case. The closest contact point was at the chain stays where there mightíve been 1/4Ē gap.

These Wrathchilds were new so I do wonder about casing stretch?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Update re: rear tire options.

I replaced the Wolf Tooth 2mm CAMO spider with the 3mm version, as well as removed a .5mm spacer from the non-drive side and added a 1mm spacer to the drive side of the crank arms.

No casing/chain rubbing at all now with a 4.6 Wazia on a 70mm Lythic.

Iím about to try a Dillinger 4.6 in the back and see if it fits...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Update re: rear tire options.

I replaced the Wolf Tooth 2mm CAMO spider with the 3mm version, as well as removed a .5mm spacer from the non-drive side and added a 1mm spacer to the drive side of the crank arms.

No casing/chain rubbing at all now with a 4.6 Wazia on a 70mm Lythic.

Iím about to try a Dillinger 4.6 in the back and see if it fits...
    Very interested and following this. My LBS has a L White Voytek I'm considering buying. It's a $4,300 build so a decision that's taking some time. That said with all the ice we've had around Minneapolis recently I had to (finally!) get studded tires now for my Specialized Fatboy and when I did, was told if I got the Dillinger 5's they'd fit the Voytek...

By the way, night and day in terms of safety and speed with how the D5's roll compared to (admittedly well used) non-studded Specialized Ground Controls...