On One Fatty Rotor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

On One Fatty Rotor

Hi Guys, anyone tried using 203mm rotor for front and 180mm for rear? Any issue doing so?

mtbr member
    I think I read that the most that could be put on the Fatty was 180mm as maximum

Sorry for the Google Translate

mtbr member
    ?

I run a 203 front and 165 rear with great success. I run a 203 because I still run a 100mm front hub which makes things a bit tight at the caliper when removing/installing my front wheel...the 203 mount moves the caliper further away from the drop which alleviates most of the issue...
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    ?I run a 203 front and 165 rear with great success. I run a 203 because I still run a 100mm front hub which makes things a bit tight at the caliper when removing/installing my front wheel...the 203 mount moves the caliper further away from the drop which alleviates most of the issue...
    Great to hear that man, thanks. I will go ahead with 203 front/180 back and see how it go. Cheers

mtbr member
    If you are overly concerned about it, I would go ahead and check with On One...I have heard of forks that have rotor size limits as well as frames and components that have weight limits...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    ?

I run a 203 front and 165 rear with great success. I run a 203 because I still run a 100mm front hub which makes things a bit tight at the caliper when removing/installing my front wheel...the 203 mount moves the caliper further away from the drop which alleviates most of the issue...
    You're running a 100mm hub up front? I'm guessing this might be a 20mm axle hub? What fork? I have some fork ideas, but most would require running a 100mm hub and I was thinking the offset would make running a disc brake difficult to impossible. I suppose the 200mm-ish rotor is the solution?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    ...nope...Ti Blacksheep Unicrown, 100mm Schmidt SON w/9mm qr laced to 100mm hoop...works great...