Old Mulefut vs Mulefut V2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Old Mulefut vs Mulefut V2

Can find a lot about the V2 and if it is lighter than the old version. Anyone run the V2 and recomend over the original?

mtbr member
    I think the new version is a little lighter and perhaps more tubeless friendly. Sold a bike with the old version and bought one with the new version. Have not noticed any real difference other than the new rims are currently cleaner. The cut outs are different too.

If I was bike shopping and I found a bike I liked with the old version, that would not stop me from purchasing the bike.
    it's a challenge some of us are ultimately worthy of.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yes I've had a blizzard with old Mulefuts for a couple years now, works great. Thinking of bulding a 27.5 fat wheelset and saw the V2 rims. More curious if they worked as well as the old ones

fat guy on a little bike
    Dec 2006
    V2 is a little lighter but more of a pain to setup tubeless, as in the taping procedure. The cutouts are HUGE, very wide near the bead shelf. I have done 8 of them, and you have to take care with taping.

First three leaked, till i modified my taping process. Since then, they have worked excellent.

Regarding strength, they are the same as v1. I bent a v2 on the first ride, same as v1...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I've been running ghetto split tube for a while now on my fat bikes. Not the lightest but it makes tubeless setup and switching tires a breeze.

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Only thing I'd note is the extra drain holes they now have, which are VERY close to the rim wall. Makes for a taping hassle but it can be overcome, I just use thin tape strips at those points, then wide tape right over them.

More of a MOBD fan myself, but these work well too.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    Have both, slight weight difference but ride the same.

V1 with Bud/Lou for winter and V2 with Minion FBF/FBR 4.0 for the rest of the year.

Didn't had any issues using the Ringle tape and Minions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    V2 is a little lighter but more of a pain to setup tubeless, as in the taping procedure. The cutouts are HUGE, very wide near the bead shelf. I have done 8 of them, and you have to take care with taping.

First three leaked, till i modified my taping process. Since then, they have worked excellent.

Regarding strength, they are the same as v1. I bent a v2 on the first ride, same as v1...
    So what is the trick?. My rears, and now fronts have leaked. The rear was retaped with masses of tape. The lbs did it so i am not sure how. The lining is bulging out the cutouts to a scary degree, and the leaks develop everywhere.