Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vto2.0 View Post
    Where did you get the purple salsa decal from, it's simply

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Friend of mine made it...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Been demoing and riding friends' fat bikes for a while now. Finally bit the bullet

Official Salsa Beargrease - thread. Pics and tech!-salsa_2.jpg

mtbr member
    New beargrease with 197 hub can fit 4.6Ē tires on 100mm rims.

Wonder if it can fit barbergazis or 4.5Ē cake eaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

2017 Beagrease

2017 Beargrease. Stock except for Wheels Mfg threaded BB and Ergon grips. RaceFace Chester flats. Salsa EXP Anything cradle and drybag, Revelate Frame pack, Pika seat pack, Gas Tank and Jerry Can packs.

Recently rode 165 miles of the NC Outer Banks and on into VA False Cape State Park. Longest single ride was N. Corolla to Nags Head and back. About 80% of the riding was done on the beach, with a fully-loaded bike for bike camping. Not a single mechanical, unless you count the rotors rusting in spots from salty air! With 5PSI in the tires, I could ride any dune a 4 x 4 vehicle could do, and some places they couldn't! Aired up to 10 PSI for occasional bike paths to make up time or avoid high tides. Snow or sand, The Beargrease is unstoppable!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Salsa Beargrease - thread. Pics and tech!-img_2711.jpg  

Official Salsa Beargrease - thread. Pics and tech!-img_2712.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bknopp View Post
    2017 Beargrease. Stock except for Wheels Mfg threaded BB and Ergon grips. RaceFace Chester flats. Salsa EXP Anything cradle and drybag, Revelate Frame pack, Pika seat pack, Gas Tank and Jerry Can packs.

Recently rode 165 miles of the NC Outer Banks and on into VA False Cape State Park. Longest single ride was N. Corolla to Nags Head and back. About 80% of the riding was done on the beach, with a fully-loaded bike for bike camping. Not a single mechanical, unless you count the rotors rusting in spots from salty air! With 5PSI in the tires, I could ride any dune a 4 x 4 vehicle could do, and some places they couldn't! Aired up to 10 PSI for occasional bike paths to make up time or avoid high tides. Snow or sand, The Beargrease is unstoppable!

Awesome journey!,,,

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by drbob20 View Post
    Awesome journey!,,,
    Absolutely. Off-season, there are only a handful of people on the beach, most of them locals. In the 4x4 access area north of Corolla, you run into wild horses on the beach! Once you cross the NC/VA border and ride in False Cape SP, there is _nobody_there, no vehicle tracks. Headwinds and high tides are your only concerns.

mtbr member
    Iíve been rocking different BGís since 2014 and am finally considering a different frame just because my iíve moved to a more aggressive trail area. The Kona WOZO fits the bill, but I just canít justify it because of the added weight. These beasts weight over 32lbs without a dropper. My BG currently weighs 24 even with pedals and a dropper.

Has anyone ran a angleset on their BG? Iím considering doing that and adding a 120 Bluto, any experience with this out there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    Iíve been rocking different BGís since 2014 and am finally considering a different frame just because my iíve moved to a more aggressive trail area. The Kona WOZO fits the bill, but I just canít justify it because of the added weight. These beasts weight over 32lbs without a dropper. My BG currently weighs 24 even with pedals and a dropper.

Has anyone ran a angleset on their BG? Iím considering doing that and adding a 120 Bluto, any experience with this out there?
    I'm weighing in at 135 lbs. and the Wozo's weight is of no concern for me. I ride hard and lots of vertical, and unless I had to carry it for long stretches, I wouldn't ever worry about the weight.
    Dash Pt. State Park (Tacoma), Big Sky Montana during Snowboard Season, Duluth Mn, a couple of times of year incl. Xmas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpyride View Post
    I'm weighing in at 135 lbs. and the Wozo's weight is of no concern for me. I ride hard and lots of vertical, and unless I had to carry it for long stretches, I wouldn't ever worry about the weight.
    Iím jealous!!! If I could ride 10+ miles w/ 2000+ climbing without noticing 7+ pounds of bike weight Iíd be rocking the gnarliest bike available!

If it was only a couple pounds and obviously more capable and fun then Iíd be all over it. Iím just afraid the juice ainít worth the squeeze.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    Iím jealous!!! If I could ride 10+ miles w/ 2000+ climbing without noticing 7+ pounds of bike weight Iíd be rocking the gnarliest bike available!

If it was only a couple pounds and obviously more capable and fun then Iíd be all over it. Iím just afraid the juice ainít worth the squeeze.
    It is a really fun bike and really worth a couple of extra pounds but if you're doing 20K, you probably wouldn't want that much weight. You can drop the Bluto, save a couple of pounds there with a carbon fork and you're getting closer, still have a fun bike and probably save $300 by selling it as a new take-off. I've put on a couple of Chinese Carbon Forks on Fatties. Haven't had any problems at all with them.
    Dash Pt. State Park (Tacoma), Big Sky Montana during Snowboard Season, Duluth Mn, a couple of times of year incl. Xmas.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpyride View Post
    It is a really fun bike and really worth a couple of extra pounds but if you're doing 20K, you probably wouldn't want that much weight. You can drop the Bluto, save a couple of pounds there with a carbon fork and you're getting closer, still have a fun bike and probably save $300 by selling it as a new take-off. I've put on a couple of Chinese Carbon Forks on Fatties. Haven't had any problems at all with them.
    Suggestions (link) for a good Chinese carbon Fat fork for the Beargrease? Any limitations on axle-to-crown length?

mtbr member
    New wheels for my Bergrease... and 27.5 Vanhelgas.

mtbr member
    Looks sweet! Do you happen to have a weight for those Helgas?

mtbr member

4.5Ēx27.5Ē barbergazi on a 80mm mulefut on 2019 small frame bear with 197 hub. Year old stretch and 6psi.

Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member

First ride today. While I wish there was more snow it was nice to get the feel of the bike on some moist dirt.
    Iím coming from a RM Blizzard (alloy).
    So far Iím loving the Bear. 26.5lbs without pedals
    Very responsive to steering inputs and easy to maneuver.
    Iíll post more when I get a longer ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12