North jersey lbs's- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

North jersey lbs's

Can someone suggest to me some lbs's that have a good/large inventory in the north jersey/ Nepa area. I'm shopping for a fatty and willing to travel if it's worth it. My shop only has a couple.

bigger than you.
    i've been to Halter's Cycles in the past and they had a pretty decent inventory and knowledgeable staff, but I haven't been they moved. Halters Cycles |

My best friend uses the Montclair Bikery and swears by them. I've never been inside, but I walked past it the other day while on a date and they had a lot of fatties inside: Montclair Bikery New Jersey's home for Trek Specialized Felt and Pinarello

mtbr member
    Think I'll check out the bikery. Hope I get a couple more so I can make a day out of it. It's kinda like car shopping lol Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Sussex Bike and Sport Shop has some Farleys on the floor, maybe a demo too. They have stores in Andover NJ and Sussex NJ which is close by riding at High Point State Park and Kitattiny Valley State Park. One mechanic there has had a Stache plus, and Farley original. Now he has a Farley 9.6, I got my Farley's from the Sussex Bike Shop. Ask for Cycleboy Pete, at the Andover Shop (closed on Sunday for the Winter and Tuesday all year).... Andover shop has the Farley on the floor, and a great trail near that is an easy one to navigate. Yesterday I rode some snow covered snowshoe tracks at Kittatiny and at Highpoint there is a snowmobile loop about 8 miles long that I rode on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmankiw View Post
    Sussex Bike and Sport Shop has some Farleys on the floor, maybe a demo too. They have stores in Andover NJ and Sussex NJ which is close by riding at High Point State Park and Kitattiny Valley State Park. One mechanic there has had a Stache plus, and Farley original. Now he has a Farley 9.6, I got my Farley's from the Sussex Bike Shop. Ask for Cycleboy Pete, at the Andover Shop (closed on Sunday for the Winter and Tuesday all year).... Andover shop has the Farley on the floor, and a great trail near that is an easy one to navigate. Yesterday I rode some snow covered snowshoe tracks at Kittatiny and at Highpoint there is a snowmobile loop about 8 miles long that I rode on Sunday.
    Thx for the reminder! I forgot about that shop in Andover. I think that one is only open on the weekends. Where is Sussex bike and sport?

mtbr member
    There is another bike shop near KVSP that is kind of small. The Sussex Bike shop location there is where another bike shop used to be. Sussex Bike & Sport Shop

mtbr member
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Well I've been doing the lbs circuit in my area (north jersey) and most of them seem to have one common denominator. And that's is Trek. Trek is one of my top picks but I was really hoping to ride some other brands. Most stores just don't have inventory. The search continues......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco taco View Post
    Well I've been doing the lbs circuit in my area (north jersey) and most of them seem to have one common denominator. And that's is Trek. Trek is one of my top picks but I was really hoping to ride some other brands. Most stores just don't have inventory. The search continues......

Hilltop cycles in Summit has fatboys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducman View Post
    Hilltop cycles in Summit has fatboys
    I was just on their website and it doesn't list what they sell. Do you know what fat bike brands they sell? Do they have a good inventory or is it just a couple bikes? Thx

mtbr member
    They sell specialized, not sure what else. Just a couple of bikes on the floor. The mechanic Jim is Mr. Fat bike. Great source of info

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I'd give Cycle Fitters in Easton, PA a call. They usually have some combo of salsa/surly in stock. They're heavy on adventure bikes, worth a drive if all you have around are road oriented shops.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco taco View Post
    Can someone suggest to me some lbs's that have a good/large inventory in the north jersey/ Nepa area. I'm shopping for a fatty and willing to travel if it's worth it. My shop only has a couple.
    Marty's Randolph: Randolph Location - Marty's Reliable Cycle

They have Borealis, Scott, Moots, Specailized, Trek and others with a pretty good stock

mtbr member
    Found a 2015 Farley 8 for $2000 today. Good deal?

Addict
    I spent some time in Marty's in Morristown over the holidays talking fat bikes. They had a pretty good selection and the mechanic (can't remember his name) was pretty knowledgeable. He was actually working on a couple fat bikes for an upcoming fat bike race while we talked. Cool shop.
    Marty's Reliable Cycle located in Morristown, Randolph and Hackettstown, NJ

Icebiker
    I can vouch for Marty's, Hilltop Summit, and Halters...great shops with good stock and lots of choices. Halters has Salsa and Cannondale. Ask for Jason (the owner). Also try CycleCraft in Parsippany...ask for Brendan. I was there a few weeks ago and they had a decent stock of Salsa's, including a Bucksaw or two.