Noob Fatbike Mountain Packer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Noob Fatbike Mountain Packer

I am a one bike owner. I recently sold my 26er full bouncy so that I could buy a used and well cared for Pugs from a friend. I think if I am only able to keep one bike, this is it. I have been a life long rider/former racer, and at this stage of my life am interested in the aesthetic of the fat bike as well as the practicality for someone my age, and living in my location, the East foothills of the Rockies.
    I still do some adventure sporting, back country skiing, alpine climbing, and I hope to get into some self support winter bike packing. I am trying to acquire as much information from friends regarding the essentials of mountain winter trekking without being a pest. I really appreciate the insight provided by members of this forum. I am very well equipped as an ultra light backpacker climber, I just need to tweak my gear somewhat to accomodate a bike. If anyone can point out some threads or sites I would appreciate it.

Dave

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Bikepacking.net has a winter section. Its a great resource. You'll probably want to invest in frame bags, so seek out relevate designs or porcelin rocket to have some made.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

Cheesiest
    Quote Originally Posted by davedivided View Post
    I am a one bike owner. I recently sold my 26er full bouncy so that I could buy a used and well cared for Pugs from a friend. I think if I am only able to keep one bike, this is it. I have been a life long rider/former racer, and at this stage of my life am interested in the aesthetic of the fat bike as well as the practicality for someone my age, and living in my location, the East foothills of the Rockies.
    I still do some adventure sporting, back country skiing, alpine climbing, and I hope to get into some self support winter bike packing. I am trying to acquire as much information from friends regarding the essentials of mountain winter trekking without being a pest. I really appreciate the insight provided by members of this forum. I am very well equipped as an ultra light backpacker climber, I just need to tweak my gear somewhat to accomodate a bike. If anyone can point out some threads or sites I would appreciate it.

Dave
    Sounds like a good plan! I pretty much gave up ski-mountaineering, because of the risks and then a knee injury limits my skiing. Fat packing has given me a new way to get back to the winter wonderland.