No Pugs = Boring Weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

No Pugs = Boring Weekend

So my LBS ordered my Pugs on Wednesday and told me it would be ready for pickup at 3pm on Friday. So 2pm Friday I get an email from the owner with bad news....my Pugs was missing parts. Apparently Surly didn't feel it was necessary to pack the headset and stem. So the owner told me Surly sent the parts out Friday and hopefully I'd have a working bike by Monday. If not, he told me he'd take the parts off of his personal Pugs until my stuff came in. Super happy with the customer service of the LBS, not super psyched on the fail by Surly. On the other hand, they were quick to ship out the parts so kudos to them for trying. Just had to whine a little bit, it's my nature. Either way I am happy to be the soon-owner of a pugs. Already have plans for upgrades, although this was an early christmas present from my awesome wife, so funds won't be in abudance over the holidays. Looking to get a pair of Northwave Celsius's after Christmas and I'll be good to go this winter I think. Got some new Ergon GX2's ready to go on, and some eggbeater sl's, but otherwise it will probably be pretty stock. I had a new wtb sst saddle ready to rock, but lucky for me the Pugs come with one anyways. Sorry for the long post, just bored today. Hopefully we get a miracle snowfall tonight and the 1st Wisconsin Fat Bike race tomorrow will have snow. Either way I'm stopping by to check it out. Good luck to all the riders!
    "You don't cross my ***** line, I don't cross your ***** line".
    - James Lahey Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear, but I'm surprised that the LBS didn't offer to take the parts off his personal Pug sooner, since the parts were already on their way, so you can use the bike on the weekend.
    - Ed

2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
    2013 Specialized Tricross Comp Disc
    2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2

mtbr member
    At least you have a good excuse to be patient. Tell the shop to get a good couple of coats of Frame Saver in that frame while you wait! Some minor present problems can reveal solutions to future needs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Any 1 1/8 threadless stem and headset would have worked with the Pug. I'm pretty sure that all bike shops have those standard parts in their parts bin.

Hopefully we will get some snow in Wisconsin instead of rain. I haven't tried my new fat bike in snow yet. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    He's going to ride in the race tomorrow, otherwise I think he would have. He actually probably would have if I asked him to, but I didn't feel the need. It rained all day today so it wouldn't have mattered. Trying some new microbrews tonight to celebrate/wallow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Funny you mention the saddle. I couldn't stand that saddle and one of the first things I did with my pug is switch it out with a wtb speed v. Everyone's got their own preference for saddles though.

mtbr member
    speed v's are nice, just a bit narrow for my big clyde ass. I actually want to put a Brooks on eventually, but not sure yet. The SST works good for mountain biking, so I'm sure this will be a good match. I run a Fizik Aliante on my road bike that I love, but I don't think it would be a good idea on a fatbike.